Update on my aqua situation

Shasta

Ms. GoLightly
O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
SO after my aqua drama Daphne emailed me pics of 4 aqua city bags. I chose the least marbled (veiny). Of course it is a holiday weekend so even by me sending it back priority mail it won't be there probably until Tuesday. So I probably won't have my new one for a while. This is the annoying part about having to order over the phone all the time. I hope my new bag will be great.

I chose the one on top. If it is dry, I will moisturize it.

DSC038271aqua.jpg

You did the right thing to exchange for a bag you will love. I know it is SOOO hard to be patient and you want your bag NOWWWWW!!! Remember that the anticipation is half the fun!!! HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!

I've never been either. I have to do all of my transactions over the phone. I live in WA state. I actually prefer to buy from NM or BergdorfGoodman over the phone simply b/c they have such a good return policy. THe down side to that is that you cannot get pics emailed to you. You have to buy sight unseen entirely. However, I think that Nordstrom (one in California) will email pics and they also have a great return policy.

I've never been either. I have to do all of my transactions over the phone. I live in WA state. I actually prefer to buy from NM or BergdorfGoodman over the phone simply b/c they have such a good return policy. THe down side to that is that you cannot get pics emailed to you. You have to buy sight unseen entirely. However, I think that Nordstrom (one in California) will email pics and they also have a great return policy.

The downside of having a good return policy is that people tend also use the bags and return them.

For example, my Neiman Marcus stocks Balenciagas that have either been worn (you can actually see signs of wear on the corners) or been returned over and over again...and the SAs try to pretend like they don't know what I'm talking about and that I'm being very picky - and Shasta you have every right to be picky, I mean, it's a $1200 bag. And I think that's one of the reasons why I'm basically done with NM (unless I can only find it there).

I think in a way that's why I like Bal NY's very strict policy - because I know even if my bag had been a returned bag, chances are it wasn't passed around and used (I hope :wtf:)

The downside of having a good return policy is that people tend also use the bags and return them.

For example, my Neiman Marcus stocks Balenciagas that have either been worn (you can actually see signs of wear on the corners) or been returned over and over again...and the SAs try to pretend like they don't know what I'm talking about and that I'm being very picky - and Shasta you have every right to be picky, I mean, it's a $1200 bag. And I think that's one of the reasons why I'm basically done with NM (unless I can only find it there).

I think in a way that's why I like Bal NY's very strict policy - because I know even if my bag had been a returned bag, chances are it wasn't passed around and used (I hope :wtf:)

I so agree with you. Only my truffle and black cities came from NM and they were pristine, brand new. I will have to remember this in the future. Thanks!

I so agree with you. Only my truffle and black cities came from NM and they were pristine, brand new. I will have to remember this in the future. Thanks!

Definitely! I've seen so many bags at NM that are just in terrible condition, I couldn't believe it!

I got my Blueberry Work transfered from another store, the tassels were already splitting, the extra tassles missing (my SA sneaked in the Marine tassels thinking I wouldn't notice but I did), and the corners were scuffed. I appreciated his hard work for locating it so I just kept it - but looking back I don't think I should've accepted the bag considering it's condition, so I'm glad that you're able to quickly exchange your Aqua bag - rather than regreting it much later.