Goyard St Louis Tote Wear and Durability?

Over 70 Pieces of Goyard since May of 2011 - WOW!! KWIM? With that kind of collection (and your extensive collection of Bal bags), it's remarkable that there aren't lots of photos of your Goyard collection - beyond the pink St. Louis recently posted.

I've read a lot of your posts regarding Goyard and am still waiting for a photo of the location of the numbers on a St. Louis. (I'm not saying that there aren't any, just that I've scoured mine and can't find them anywhere and you suggest that you know where they are.)

Hi Sassie,

I completely understand where you're coming from, and I admit to being the worst. If pics aren't shown, I have many doubts about what's said. It's just the nature of the beast. I get it. I have many pics and forgot that my album is contacts only. I also have homes in numerous places that aren't in the same country, with bags being dispersed throughout. I have never provided pictures on my collection on tpf and am happy to go into further detail if you would like. Fire off an email and I'll respond. HTH:smile:

I just stumbled across this thread (re: straps) - I bought a black tote from Bergdorf's and the straps cracked horribly after 2 months of normal use (to and from work) - Bergdorf's was wonderful (fabulous customer service!) with giving me my money back and they did say this is known to happen, but it happened fairly quickly on my bag... If you are going to buy this bag and are worried about this happening, my 2 cents is BG will give you better customer service than Barney's on this issue.

Thank you for posting this. I am fairly new to Goyard and I was getting scared reading more and more all the posts here until I read yours. I bought mine from B&G two months ago and didn't do my research before on the brand and certain commonly issues I read here. I love the bag though😊

PS: i just realized you posted this in 2012😬😰. I hope B&G stands by it until today?

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. I am fairly new to Goyard and I was getting scared reading more and more all the posts here until I read yours. I bought mine from B&G two months ago and didn't do my research before on the brand and certain commonly issues I read here. I love the bag though😊

PS: i just realized you posted this in 2012😬😰. I hope B&G stands by it until today?

no need to worry bg will stand behind the bag. also not everyone has problems. i have several and have had no issues at all. so enjoy your bag and be assured it there is a problem bg will stand behind it.

Over 70 Pieces of Goyard since May of 2011 - WOW!! KWIM? With that kind of collection (and your extensive collection of Bal bags), it's remarkable that there aren't lots of photos of your Goyard collection - beyond the pink St. Louis recently posted.

I've read a lot of your posts regarding Goyard and am still waiting for a photo of the location of the numbers on a St. Louis. (I'm not saying that there aren't any, just that I've scoured mine and can't find them anywhere and you suggest that you know where they are.)
Also, sorry to bump an old post, but I think they're on the underside of the flap/pouch included on the St. Louis.

I didn't have a problem with the straps but i had a chipping paint problem and it appeared a few weeks after i bought the bag! I emailed paris HQ with the photos, receipt and serial code and they told me to send my defective bag in for replacement. After 3 weeks, they sent me a new oneImageUploadedByPurseForum1426038127.983291.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1426038200.583512.jpg :smile:

I didn't have a problem with the straps but i had a chipping paint problem and it appeared a few weeks after i bought the bag! I emailed paris HQ with the photos, receipt and serial code and they told me to send my defective bag in for replacement. After 3 weeks, they sent me a new oneView attachment 2923888View attachment 2923890 :smile:
Wow! I can't understand Goyard still has this problem with the chipping paint. Happy they replaced it for you. What was the serial/date code? :smile:

Thanks! That explains a lot, please see the topic below: http://forum.purseblog.com/goyard/goyard-paint-chipping-844774.html

There was a bad batch with St Louis that had the exact same problem as yours and they were all made in 2013.

Oh wow! Thanks for the info. They probably weren't able to notify peninsula HK about it as I bought the bag just last december 2014! What irked me was the fact that i emailed the HK store and they didn't even have the decency to reply.

Oh wow! Thanks for the info. They probably weren't able to notify peninsula HK about it as I bought the bag just last december 2014! What irked me was the fact that i emailed the HK store and they didn't even have the decency to reply.
You're welcome! It was probably at the bottom of the stock since 2013. Wow, that's horrible! They should improve their CS, considering the prices of their products. And have better contact with Paris.

Buy a Parabellum. Made to last a lifetime.

In reality the premium we're paying is for the brand fantasy more than the bag itself. Pretty as they are, how can Burburry manage to get $1000 for what are essentially PLASTIC handbags (the basic totes)??!! Still, when brands are commanding such high prices they should back it up with quality - and customer service.

I recently bought a Parabellum bag because I wanted the quality of materials and workmanship to match the price I was paying ($2250). Their production is limited. I like the fact very few women will have the same bag.

Last edited:
Regarding a posting on page 3: I'm new to this and don't know how to reply to a positing! Ooops!!

Wow! That cracking on the white bag is terrible! Should not be considered "normal wear". This is Goyard's legendary craftsmanship? A friend suggested I buy a Goyard and I want to visit the new shop in NY. Was considering a regular bag, not a tote, but seriously reconsidering after reading all these posts.

Thank you everyone for sharing your stories (and photos).

Last edited: