Speedy handles

pritti_hippie

Llama Llama Duck!
Aug 1, 2006
My new Speedy is the first LV i've had from new and I was wondering how long it usually takes before the patina starts to get really noticeable. My tab on the ip is going a nice shade but my handles at the moment are just looking dirty. I've wiped them with pampers wipes but they don't clean off, is this normal? Thanks

I'm using it every day at the moment as it just holds everything. I've told my sister that when it gets too dark and I want a new one she cud have mine. She wasn't impressed lol, little miss wants a new one all to herself, she's only 13 bless her.

Mine is about 6 months old and I have used it pretty much everyday. It has turned a honey gold color - so pretty. I just put it in the dustbag for the summer. I don't want it to turn dark and I know if I use it all summer it will get very dark from the sun and heat/ humidity. I love it dark but hate when I see speedies that have turned black. Time for a new one at that point.

Errrr, I've had my speedy for about 1.5 years now, and it has patinaed a bit. I thought I had pictures on my laptop of what it looks like now, but I don't - sorry. But it has developed a light honey color and looks lovely :smile:

I don't use mine much but it patinas pretty fast, too fast actually when I take it to socal. Its not THAT hot there, but its much hotter than where I live now so the transportation, having it sit in a warm room, using it on warm days about 4 times will made it noticably darker when compared to the color it was when new.