how do you prevent patina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhazn85

O.G.
Jan 3, 2007
I know a lot of people really like it when their bags have a great patina, but I'm one of the few who likes the white look of the new leather. Do you guys know any tricks to prevent the leather from turning brown too quickly?

I don't like a patina either...unfortunately, I think it's inevitable..HOWEVER, I usually prevent mine by making sure I don't put any lotion on before handling a bag. I also watch out for rain, store in their dust bags when I'm not using them. I try not to let them sit in the sun while driving. Um, basically, I just try to buy LV's that don't have much vachetta on them.

oxidation is what does it and thats pretty unavoidable unless you keep it in a vacuum (a room with no air!) even if you keep it in the dustbag, in the box, in a dark closet, it may not happen as fast but it does happen. Learn to love the patina I say.

You dont! its going to happen whether you like it or not.
Just make sure you dont use hand cream and that will help. The oil on your hands makes it dark(dirty looking) but air and sun are going to do it.
I know a lot of people really like it when their bags have a great patina, but I'm one of the few who likes the white look of the new leather. Do you guys know any tricks to prevent the leather from turning brown too quickly?

This question has been asked many times in the past, so perhaps please try using the search feature above next time.

You could also try searching the FAQ's page under patina and oxidation at the top of the page. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.