2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, when I walk around, I carry a smaller handbag. It's a smaller profile, it has a zipper, the structure of it makes it difficult to open without me noticing. It has a zipped pocket on the inside, and the flap actually can fit some small stuff. And being smaller, it's still big enough to carry a water bottle and an umbrella with room to spare.

I guess it was just a purse that was in my price range (I don't want to spend too much on a travel purse) and carried everything I needed securely.

I only carry my Le Pliage when traveling from and to the plane. I guess if I knew I'd be shopping, I'd carry the LP so it's not obvious when I visit and shop at the high street shops. But still I'd have a purse separate from the LP.

Cool.

Then, I guess, your decision comes down to if you'd rather have purple or chestnut. I think Chestnut is one of Coach's nicest brown shades and I really like the soft red lining that it has. But, Black Violet is pretty too.

I guess, for me, if I was going to keep a bag as a travel bag, then I would want it to go with a majority of my wardrobe. For me, that means I would need a neutral bag and, hence, I would pick Chestnut over Black Violet. Not sure, if this will help your decision or not...

Cool.

Then, I guess, your decision comes down to if you'd rather have purple or chestnut. I think Chestnut is one of Coach's nicest brown shades and I really like the soft red lining that it has. But, Black Violet is pretty too.

I guess, for me, if I was going to keep a bag as a travel bag, then I would want it to go with a majority of my wardrobe. For me, that means I would need a neutral bag and, hence, I would pick Chestnut over Black Violet. Not sure, if this will help your decision or not...

I'd lean towards chestnut, but black violet would pop against my outfits, since I tend to wear black and beige. We'll see. Maybe she'll fall in love with chestnut when it comes in. I don't think I'd mind either color. I'll give it more thought, she's yet to order the bag.

2 bags in, 2 SLGs in, 13 bags out, and 3 SLGs out.

My goal for July...ZERO in!
Eehlers, you amaze me. Congrats on a sucessful selling month!!

Hey guys!!! :wave: How's everyone doing?
I've been away too long... I think I have to go back and read 50+ pages just to catch up on this thread! I am in the process of moving, so things have been busy, busy, busy!

Cannot believe that June is over! Here's my June tally:
0 in
0 out

I still plan on sending some bags off to consignment, but it just didn't happen this month like I had hoped... so that is my July goal.
Welcome back cupcakegirl. Good luck on your move!!! So exciting!

As far as july goes I can't say I will do so well. I was told that I might be able to get a bag I have been wanting for a long time at a discount even though it is sold out everywhere else.
On top of that I just called the company with the clutch and told them I would pay the small difference if I could order a different style all together. The lady was a sweet heart and said yes I could. Just waiting for her confirmation email which I guess she will send once she receives the damaged one. I won't be counting that one as it is just a replacement.
That is awesome news. So happy to hear how customer oriented they were. Look forward to seeing your replacement.

Wow, I am so behind on this thread, everyone looks like they had a pretty good month though! Good job ladies!

I added one in, a RM mini cupid in black. Got it on sale for 50% off so I couldn't say no, using it as a weekend bag when I go out with my kids as my diaper bag is not required nearly as often anymore :smile:. None out though because I am in a really good place with my collection now, just have to try not to add anything else, because even though I want many things, I don't need them. Hooray for common sense, even if it is probably temporary.

In my efforts to catch up:

Amor - my favorite travel bags are my LV Eva for daily use on my trip and my Longchamp autruche as a carry on. Sometimes I will substitute my Mini MAC for my Eva but other than that, that is my standard travel wardrobe bags :smile:

bake - surprised to see you are second guessing your Evelyne (sp?) but if it might not work out it is good to have options. I saw a picture of Katie Holms with a royal blue Evelyne and it was so gorgeous!! Honestly I am so excited for your future reveals after your trip. I can't wait to see what you decide on!

Ok I am going to try to catch up a bit more :smile:

Also here is a quick spy pic of my newest little edition, under my desk, as per usual haha.

20140630_112350.jpg
Welcome back, Jenny. I was just thinking about you. Congrats on your mini Cupid. Adorable!! I wish an Eva would work for me but it's a bit too small for me when traveling. :sad:

Sorry, I am really behind in answering and reading these last days. Thank you for all your kind comments regarding my Liebeskind, although I have to baby it, I really love it.

Keeping fingers crossed Dooney, I hope the replacement bag is perfect!

Very pretty bag cupcakegirl!

My June was pretty much ruined by MJ sale (my favorite designer) but I was so happy to get this beauty for 70% off. I did get rid of some things too, sold 3 items and donated big box to Goodwill.
View attachment 2672475
This is really pretty :smile:

So if any of you remember my Coach Madeline in black violet (dark purple), should I trade my friend for the same bag but in chestnut (brown)?

She saw mine before and loves the purple, but the purple isn't on sale, not on FOS, and she's not able to go to the outlet to check if one will show up there.

But she's willing to buy a chestnut one on sale (so it's the same price), and then wants to trade for mine. She doesn't care that it's been used by me. Lol.

So it's down to which color should I have? Stay with black violet/purple or trade for chestnut.
I personally would keep the purple, I really like it in that color.

Quick shot of my Chanel flap in pearly beige as I head out for lunch. It's one of my fav bags because of the unique color. Kinda looks like a pearl.

Going to dinner with DH tonight to celebrate my brother and his DGF birthday. They have the same birthday which is so cool. View attachment 2672578
Very pretty, so girly!

JACKPOT - I went down to the outlets today and had a really successful trip. I bought 5 bags!!! For the price of the mini Riley that I returned, I managed to snag 3 leather bags at Cole Haan to fill a metallic void, and I spent $25 at Banana Republic to fill the trendier part of my bag wardrobe (but I can see them as being considered staples in my closet that will work with a lot of my outfits).

Picture 1 - my Banana Republic finds - dyed calf hair clutch, and a mini crossbody. Love them both so much. Knowing myself, I wouldn't trust myself with a designer bag in this material, but for such a steal, I'm completely OK with carrying these around and not worrying about them getting wrecked (but they won't, I will take care of them just as much as my other bags haha)

Picture 2 - White gold Serena tote - the sides can come out like a regular tote shape but has the clasps on the inside to pull them together

Picture 3 - white gold zip satchel - moved into this right away while I was still shopping. It's perfect for the summer and I love that it has a zip.

Picture 4 - Victoria tote - I've been eyeing this one since the last 2 times I was at the outlets and never pulled the trigger but this was the last one left and I was able to use a coupon so I got an extra discount. I think I am now bag twins with dcooney =)

These 5 bags all fill a void in my bag wardrobe - metallics and trendy. It was exactly 6 months this year before i bought a single bag and i think i was rewarded for finding these at such great prices haha. Now back to shopping from my own closet. Thanks for letting me share!

Attachments

• IMG_20140701_234349_1500_1500.jpg
    IMG_20140701_234349_1500_1500.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20140701_234629_1500_1500.jpg
    IMG_20140701_234629_1500_1500.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20140701_234709_1500_1500.jpg
    IMG_20140701_234709_1500_1500.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20140701_234725_1500_1500.jpg
    IMG_20140701_234725_1500_1500.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 205
JACKPOT - I went down to the outlets today and had a really successful trip. I bought 5 bags!!! For the price of the mini Riley that I returned, I managed to snag 3 leather bags at Cole Haan to fill a metallic void, and I spent $25 at Banana Republic to fill the trendier part of my bag wardrobe (but I can see them as being considered staples in my closet that will work with a lot of my outfits).

Picture 1 - my Banana Republic finds - dyed calf hair clutch, and a mini crossbody. Love them both so much. Knowing myself, I wouldn't trust myself with a designer bag in this material, but for such a steal, I'm completely OK with carrying these around and not worrying about them getting wrecked (but they won't, I will take care of them just as much as my other bags haha)

Picture 2 - White gold Serena tote - the sides can come out like a regular tote shape but has the clasps on the inside to pull them together

Picture 3 - white gold zip satchel - moved into this right away while I was still shopping. It's perfect for the summer and I love that it has a zip.

Picture 4 - Victoria tote - I've been eyeing this one since the last 2 times I was at the outlets and never pulled the trigger but this was the last one left and I was able to use a coupon so I got an extra discount. I think I am now bag twins with dcooney =)

These 5 bags all fill a void in my bag wardrobe - metallics and trendy. It was exactly 6 months this year before i bought a single bag and i think i was rewarded for finding these at such great prices haha. Now back to shopping from my own closet. Thanks for letting me share!
I love those bags! You bought them in all the right styles to suit you at any occasion. Well done on reaching the 6 month mark you deserved it!

Wow! Eggtartapproved what a great selection and even better price. The one is very similar to my parker tote. Though I think the black wallet I had bought goes with your bags collection. I really love cole haan's quality. Congrats on all the finds and holding off for six months.

Whoo hoo eggtart, what a score! The calf hair bags are great. I have a weakness for calf hair accessories!

The CH bags are also great; I love how they are metallic yet look so functional too!

Six months; great willpower egg!

These look very petty and you did great! Lots of fun bags :smile:

Wow - that's an amazing shopping coup!! Congrats on all your new goodies and for holding off of buying anything for 6 months!

I have to share another shameless photo of Fran. I've been carrying her since Saturday, and I think I have found my perfect bag - the size, the leather, the color, the carrying options...she's just wonderful.

Attachments

• fran.jpg
    fran.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 187
Status
Not open for further replies.