Teacher appreciation week - what else can I bring? Ideas??

Wildflower

O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
I just heard it's teacher appreciation week, and I had already planned on bring a big tray of cookies and a bag of gourmet coffee to my daughter's HS tomorrow for all the faculty and staff.

I need to add something to it though! The cookies are from a bakery and I bought 6 dozen. A bag of coffee should last awhile... what else can I add to the tray? I want it to be a food item but I am so clueless... There are approximately 40 employees total at the school and maybe a few coaches that come in the afternoon...

Also, should I include a card or just tell the office who they are from? Not that I want recognition for it but I don't want to do the wrong thing. Should I put my and my husband's name on it along with our daughter? Or leave her name off the card?

The cookies are gourmet cookies from a local bakery (I had to order them a month ago!) but they're all brown colors. :P I would like to add something colorful to the tray.

TIA!

Personally I think the cookies and coffee are enough. I usually do the same at my childrens schools. I will send a tray of cookies from a bakery (CakeLove has the BEST!).

I have also sent flowers to be kept in the teachers lounge area. They always appreciate whatever they receive.

I always send a card and I will just put from The_______'s (insert last name). Luckily our last name is pretty unique so there is never any confusion....lol.

A lovely card with words of encouragement and appreciation to the teachers. My sis is a retired teacher and I know she loves whatever appreciation (not enough) comes her way.

For color, you might include a bowl of chocolates/mints that come in bright wrappers.

BTW, you are so nice to remember your daughter's teachers this way. I am a teacher, and my school's parent group served a delicious luncheon for teachers and staff...homemade entrees and sides...and many desserts :yes: The room looked so nice with flowers on every table. Our parent group is the best!

Personally I think the cookies and coffee are enough. I usually do the same at my childrens schools. I will send a tray of cookies from a bakery (CakeLove has the BEST!).

I have also sent flowers to be kept in the teachers lounge area. They always appreciate whatever they receive.

I always send a card and I will just put from The_______'s (insert last name). Luckily our last name is pretty unique so there is never any confusion....lol.
I agree with everything she said!

Thanks for the replies! I ended up wrapping each dozen in a cello bag with bright ribbon and bought a plastic serving "tub" for $1.97 and put them all in there. Stuck the coffee in the middle and then filled in all the spaces with candy!

That is so nice of you! As a teacher I can tell you it will mean a lot to the staff.
I got a calculator this year from my school. I teach English. Not that I am complaining--again, any recognition is so nice.
It is just good to know there are some parents out there who value what we do.
Oh, and teachers love free food!!