2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm definitely focusing on getting the orange Evelyne first!

I was considering vintage herbags before when I found out about them a couple months ago, but they look pretty shabby. :sad: It seems like every vintage one that was in a color I preferred was damaged in some way. Frayed corners, stains that won't come out, folded over so it won't even stay upright. And it would be for both bottoms. Locks/parts would be missing, the strap for shoulder carry would be nearly broken. It wasn't a good or fruitful search.

I definitely will try it on once I'm ready to buy, but after the Evelyne, but as far as colors and style, I like it a lot more than the other bags on my wishlist. I got excited seeing them while at petit h. Then again, I had also never seen a new one in person. Just well used ones in black. But it can all change, just like it has now. The lock may be fiddly, and I do want to fiddle with it prior. I fiddle a lot whenever I buy a new bag. I gotta try it out, put it on, try my stuff (or the store's items) inside, see if I can open while I'm carrying it, etc. If the herbag is way too difficult for me, then I will move on to the next bag.

But I'm still waiting for my trip to get my Evelyne. I was looking on the UK site and yesterday they had an even smaller one for half the price of the PM. It was cute. Never saw it in person, so I hope they have that one too so I can compare the sizes.

I think this is my compensating for not shopping; oogling pics of the bag I definitely want, and a bag I might possibly want after it. At least oogling is free! :biggrin:

I read over my response again and realize that I sounded kind of obnoxious. So, I apologize.

Either way, I'm glad that you aren't just jumping into purchasing the Herbag and it sounds like you have a good plan to determine if it will work for you and oogling is definitely free! :P (Which I'm glad, but I do a lot of it.)

The TPM Evelyne is really tiny. I'm sure that someone on the Hermes sub-forum has posted a pic of it. It's cute, but small. I think that the PM is probably the best size for an everyday bag.

Ok fingers crossed that the next one works. I dropped it at ups and got my receipt so it is on it's way. I was tempted to call again and add money to buy a different bag for fear it would happen again, but I did not really love any of the other reasonable priced choices at the moment.

Bakeacookie- Seeing how bags wear on ebay will also show how well a bag holds up. There were some bags I was interested in and when I saw older versions on ebay and how badly they aged I changed my mind. Good for you doing your research so diligently. Research is half the fun. Good luck with it and I look forward to seeing your final choices.

I read over my response again and realize that I sounded kind of obnoxious. So, I apologize.

Either way, I'm glad that you aren't just jumping into purchasing the Herbag and it sounds like you have a good plan to determine if it will work for you and oogling is definitely free! :P (Which I'm glad, but I do a lot of it.)

The TPM Evelyne is really tiny. I'm sure that someone on the Hermes sub-forum has posted a pic of it. It's cute, but small. I think that the PM is probably the best size for an everyday bag.
No worries! I didn't see it as obnoxious. Tbh, I've gotten much meaner responses whenever I get giddy and start asking opinions on bags and whatnot. That's why I love posting here. Lol

Hm. I've wanted a mini Chanel flap, perhaps a TPM could be the answer to that? I know the PM is a great size bag for everyday, and it didn't look too big on me which GM did.
More to ponder.

Bakeacookie- Seeing how bags wear on ebay will also show how well a bag holds up. There were some bags I was interested in and when I saw older versions on ebay and how badly they aged I changed my mind. Good for you doing your research so diligently. Research is half the fun. Good luck with it and I look forward to seeing your final choices.
Good idea! I'll try to find one that is more like the newer model, with the removable pouch and I don't think the canvas bag is removable anymore? More to research. Especially in how the colored canvas wears. I don't want it to fade in a year. The color is what caught my attention to begin with.

My new casual bag, Hayden Harnett Conrad
View attachment 2667572
View attachment 2667568

This color is so yummy! I thought of summer fruits and sweets! Mmm. Sorbet.

An old photo but today I'm using my MbMJ bucket crossbody in black. It's one of my favourite bags - super easy to use, love the slip-in tab closure and appreciate that they still used a magnet inside to make sure it's closed, and very simple and sleek in the looks department. Just a simple bag that I can use for work when I do tours and need hands-free (and still looks professional), and also a very casual bag for weekends. Looking at my notes, this was my last bag purchase in 2013, prior to my Coach boxing day sale haul. It was also the first time I ordered something online, sight un-seen and I am super happy I did it for this one.

Attachments

• IMG_00001049 - resized.jpg
    IMG_00001049 - resized.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
As usual, everything's moving FAST in this thread and I'm behind again! :biggrin:

I'm wearing my wine-colored Minnetonkas today (soooooo crazy comfy), so it seemed like a brilliant opportunity to bring out my beloved chianti Francesca. I'm not carrying a ton and this bag is huge, but she slouches so amazingly that she still looks great.

Love the comfy, Minnetonka's and of course the Francesca, because it's MbMJ!

So here's my new Anya Hindmarch Carker, took her out yesterday and I'm in love.

The color is more beige (warmer) IRL and I got her 50% off that was an awesome deal for such a well made bag.

I fall in love more and more with AH because her staff is extremely well made and luxurious but not a lot of people carry it. And even her bow logo is adorable (and logos in general are no-no for me).

The leather is gorgeous and smells delicious, love the mustard trim and cross-body strap! I can go on and on so take a look at it:

Such a beautiful bag with great details; crossbody and mustard trim!

I just called again and the young woman said she would mail me a ups pick up label so I won't have to pay for return shipping this time. Then when she receives it back she will send me a whole new wristlet. I also asked her not to monogram it this time. If this process works I will be a very happy camper. Keep your fingers crossed it goes fast and that my new one will work well. Thanks for pushing me to speak up rather then shoving it in a closet never to be used again.

Great news!

An old photo but today I'm using my MbMJ bucket crossbody in black. It's one of my favourite bags - super easy to use, love the slip-in tab closure and appreciate that they still used a magnet inside to make sure it's closed, and very simple and sleek in the looks department. Just a simple bag that I can use for work when I do tours and need hands-free (and still looks professional), and also a very casual bag for weekends. Looking at my notes, this was my last bag purchase in 2013, prior to my Coach boxing day sale haul. It was also the first time I ordered something online, sight un-seen and I am super happy I did it for this one.

I do not see a photo but would love to see it.

Eehlers - oh love the combo!

Julija- she's just lovely. Love the little bow detail!

Dcooney - that's horrible! I'm glad they are taking care of you!

Bake - I'm glad your trip is a while away so you can do your due diligence. Just remember if you get something instead of another you must be head over heels, if you aren't you will come full circle and want it again in the future.

Egg - love that clutch! That's a great looking bucket. How does it sit? Shoulder or crossbody?

Tuuli - that looks like a great and solid bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.