2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eehlers -love the squishy leather on this one.

Julija- Very elegant congrats !

As for me I tried out the clutch last night for a quick store run. Thought it was going fine till I went to pay and strap fell off again. I guess I will call again. I am so frustrated.

I am so sorry :sad: I hope they will find better solution this time!

Very pretty bags eehlers and julija!

Date night - the new Transformers movie comes out tomorrow and DH being the huge fan that he is got us tickets 2 weeks ago for an advanced screening tonight. Using my Coach Legacy fuchsia and navy colorblock clutch - it's very similar in color to a transformer known as RC.

Love your Legacy clutch, so adorable that it matches Transformers. How was the movie?:smile:

As usual, everything's moving FAST in this thread and I'm behind again! :biggrin:

I'm wearing my wine-colored Minnetonkas today (soooooo crazy comfy), so it seemed like a brilliant opportunity to bring out my beloved chianti Francesca. I'm not carrying a ton and this bag is huge, but she slouches so amazingly that she still looks great.

Love your Franceska, color is beautiful! and looks so comfy!

As for me I tried out the clutch last night for a quick store run. Thought it was going fine till I went to pay and strap fell off again. I guess I will call again. I am so frustrated.

Thank you!
So sorry to hear that the straps falls off the clutch:tdown:

I think the Herbag looks amazing bakeacookie! Aarrgghh, you're killin' me bake!
Sorry!! but I am leaning towards getting a Herbag instead of a Neverfull now. Lol. If this happens to be in London while I am...
I'm thinking red or blue...or even green? ahhh H colors.
http://usa.hermes.com/leather/bags-and-luggage/for-day/pm-15961.html
Here's one online!

As usual, everything's moving FAST in this thread and I'm behind again! :biggrin:

I'm wearing my wine-colored Minnetonkas today (soooooo crazy comfy), so it seemed like a brilliant opportunity to bring out my beloved chianti Francesca. I'm not carrying a ton and this bag is huge, but she slouches so amazingly that she still looks great.

Pretty!!

So here's my new Anya Hindmarch Carker, took her out yesterday and I'm in love.
The color is more beige (warmer) IRL and I got her 50% off that was an awesome deal for such a well made bag.
I fall in love more and more with AH because her staff is extremely well made and luxurious but not a lot of people carry it. And even her bow logo is adorable (and logos in general are no-no for me).
The leather is gorgeous and smells delicious, love the mustard trim and cross-body strap! I can go on and on so take a look at it:

Love this bag! I've always liked AH's bow logo, do they have a boutique here? The pop of mustard is awesome.

Could they replace the strap?

I just called again and the young woman said she would mail me a ups pick up label so I won't have to pay for return shipping this time. Then when she receives it back she will send me a whole new wristlet. I also asked her not to monogram it this time. If this process works I will be a very happy camper. Keep your fingers crossed it goes fast and that my new one will work well. Thanks for pushing me to speak up rather then shoving it in a closet never to be used again.

I just called again and the young woman said she would mail me a ups pick up label so I won't have to pay for return shipping this time. Then when she receives it back she will send me a whole new wristlet. I also asked her not to monogram it this time. If this process works I will be a very happy camper. Keep your fingers crossed it goes fast and that my new one will work well. Thanks for pushing me to speak up rather then shoving it in a closet never to be used again.

Yay! Hope this next work works perfectly!

:smile: There are some times where we have to live with our purchases. Defective items do not sit well with me, a company should never make a customer live with a defective item. Glad that it's gone in your favor! Hoping it comes in soon.

Ahhh. I don't know if it's love at the moment or I really want this bag.

But I looked at my wishlist and thought, I'd rather have the Herbag over the Mon mono Neverfull, custom LC Cuir, and another speedy b (despite wanting azure).

Mostly because, I have many LC nylon LP, and would prefer the special edition LPs over just one cuir.
Mon mono neverfull is very loud, I'm opposite. I can mon mono an SLG which I would be more comfortable carrying (passport case perhaps??)
Speedy B 25 in azure was just to have something in azure. They're always releasing new azure things in the summer. I'm bound to love something instead of getting a duplicate bag.

...I think I'm justifying an herbag in my closet. And even though the mon mono neverfull was supposed to be my motivation to lose weight from DBF, he said I can apply the credit towards the herbag or whatever bag I want once I lose the weight.

So...now I really want the herbag. I haven't even tried one on, much less touched it.
But seeing it in person, with it's gorgeous colors, really wowed me.

I like it! And your skirt is pretty too!

The clutch and skirt look wonderful.

I'm really liking this clutch, eggtart. The color combo is great! think I need to start using my clutches.
Thanks guys!

The shoes are so cute! And yes, yesterday I was thinking that my Fran Q is huge!! Even though it looks small. I was able to stuff my trench coat into it very easily and it still looked fine. I can't imagine what you could fit in yours since it's bigger.

The color is more beige (warmer) IRL and I got her 50% off that was an awesome deal for such a well made bag.
I fall in love more and more with AH because her staff is extremely well made and luxurious but not a lot of people carry it. And even her bow logo is adorable (and logos in general are no-no for me).
The leather is gorgeous and smells delicious, love the mustard trim and cross-body strap! I can go on and on so take a look at it:
This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the color and the contrasting strap, the shape, everything! Congrats!!

oh no :sad: even if it is personalized,I wonder if you can just make them take it back? Pls keep us posted, I hope they sort something out for you.

Love your Legacy clutch, so adorable that it matches Transformers. How was the movie?:smile:

Love your Franceska, color is beautiful! and looks so comfy!
Thanks! It was really good! Much better than the last 3. Dh is so happy it was good that he left the theatre in shock. He is a very very hardcore fan and a big critic of the movie. I'm talking 3,000+ toys, forum junky, comic-con kind of fan, so if anyone was debating in watching it, it's worth seeing haha.

Oh just read this, happy to hear they are doing something for you! At least it's nice to know their customer service is good. Good luck!!

But I looked at my wishlist and thought, I'd rather have the Herbag over the Mon mono Neverfull, custom LC Cuir, and another speedy b (despite wanting azure).

Mostly because, I have many LC nylon LP, and would prefer the special edition LPs over just one cuir.
Mon mono neverfull is very loud, I'm opposite. I can mon mono an SLG which I would be more comfortable carrying (passport case perhaps??)
Speedy B 25 in azure was just to have something in azure. They're always releasing new azure things in the summer. I'm bound to love something instead of getting a duplicate bag.

...I think I'm justifying an herbag in my closet. And even though the mon mono neverfull was supposed to be my motivation to lose weight from DBF, he said I can apply the credit towards the herbag or whatever bag I want once I lose the weight.

So...now I really want the herbag. I haven't even tried one on, much less touched it.
Now you have tons of time to research more and test it out to see if it will work for you.

I think it is very interesting to observe what bags are reaching the iconic status. What do you think which ones of the current popular ones are going to be the same list as Chanel flap and LV Speedy, to name few, let's say in 25 years?

To be honest, I think most brands are currently obsessed with "fast" fashion and no one is really considering the idea of iconic bags. They want the next "IT" bag so that they can make money now, and are not really thinking about the future.

That's one of the reasons that I like older brands that have history and experience from before the obsession with trends and everything must change every season. While Hermes might bring out new colors every season, they don't create all new bags and discontinue the bags that sell well every few months like Coach, Dooney, etc.

I'm not sure that most brands in the future will even have an iconic bag.

Date night - the new Transformers movie comes out tomorrow and DH being the huge fan that he is got us tickets 2 weeks ago for an advanced screening tonight. Using my Coach Legacy fuchsia and navy colorblock clutch - it's very similar in color to a transformer known as RC.

Very cute!

Love the shoes!!! They look so comfy! But the Francesca is gorgeous as always!

Beautiful! Congrats on the purse and getting such a great deal on it!

I was going to rant and rave and tell you that you need to force them to let you return that mess before I saw this post and, now, I'm happy that you spoke up. Hopefully, the same problem won't happen with the new clutch/wristlet!

Okay, hold up a minute. You really need to try on the Herbag and see if it works for you. I know some people who have one and they say that it can be even more fiddly than a Kelly can be. Are you willing to consider a "vintage" or preloved one? I actually like the older ones better because they came with two different bottoms that could be changed out -- one was usually a neutral and one was usually a color. Either way, before you start wanting and thinking about changing your wishlist, I really think that you need to go and spend some quality time at a boutique with one in order to see if it will work for you and your lifestyle.

Remember: focus on the bag you know you want first -- orange Evelyne!

Okay, hold up a minute. You really need to try on the Herbag and see if it works for you. I know some people who have one and they say that it can be even more fiddly than a Kelly can be. Are you willing to consider a "vintage" or preloved one? I actually like the older ones better because they came with two different bottoms that could be changed out -- one was usually a neutral and one was usually a color. Either way, before you start wanting and thinking about changing your wishlist, I really think that you need to go and spend some quality time at a boutique with one in order to see if it will work for you and your lifestyle.

Remember: focus on the bag you know you want first -- orange Evelyne!

Oh I'm definitely focusing on getting the orange Evelyne first!

I was considering vintage herbags before when I found out about them a couple months ago, but they look pretty shabby. :sad: It seems like every vintage one that was in a color I preferred was damaged in some way. Frayed corners, stains that won't come out, folded over so it won't even stay upright. And it would be for both bottoms. Locks/parts would be missing, the strap for shoulder carry would be nearly broken. It wasn't a good or fruitful search.

I definitely will try it on once I'm ready to buy, but after the Evelyne, but as far as colors and style, I like it a lot more than the other bags on my wishlist. I got excited seeing them while at petit h. Then again, I had also never seen a new one in person. Just well used ones in black. But it can all change, just like it has now. The lock may be fiddly, and I do want to fiddle with it prior. I fiddle a lot whenever I buy a new bag. I gotta try it out, put it on, try my stuff (or the store's items) inside, see if I can open while I'm carrying it, etc. If the herbag is way too difficult for me, then I will move on to the next bag.

But I'm still waiting for my trip to get my Evelyne. I was looking on the UK site and yesterday they had an even smaller one for half the price of the PM. It was cute. Never saw it in person, so I hope they have that one too so I can compare the sizes.

I think this is my compensating for not shopping; oogling pics of the bag I definitely want, and a bag I might possibly want after it. At least oogling is free! :biggrin:

Thanks! It was really good! Much better than the last 3. Dh is so happy it was good that he left the theatre in shock. He is a very very hardcore fan and a big critic of the movie. I'm talking 3,000+ toys, forum junky, comic-con kind of fan, so if anyone was debating in watching it, it's worth seeing haha.

Oh just read this, happy to hear they are doing something for you! At least it's nice to know their customer service is good. Good luck!!

Now you have tons of time to research more and test it out to see if it will work for you.

Yup. Looking up threads and videos on youtube have me occupied after work. No time to shop, gotta research Hermes bags!

I can't regret a 2000+$ handbag. That would be too much to keep in my closet. Plus the herbag isn't terribly popular here so it would be even more difficult to resell. So much research is needed. I wish I asked to see it last weekend lol. But since I rejected the Evelyne I the SA showed me, I didn't want to take up time and not buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.