Lindsay Lohan

There is a difference between occasional use and addiction. She is known to be an addict (whether alcohol, drugs, not eating properly--all addictive behaviors she has shown). Also remember, that just because you can't see any untoward effects when you stop, doesn't mean you didn't damage your body (for instance your heart) from even occasional use.
I can't say I know what an addict goes through, but from medical studies and hearing addicts' stories, I do believe it does affect them and takes several weeks to feel 'normal' again. Of course, they have a long road ahead of them dealing with the behavioral/psychological aspects of their abuse; which almost seems to me to be the hardest part.

I'm 19 and started doing coke not religiously but mabye every Saturday night for about a month.

I've gone with out it for about a month and feel no need or want toward it. It's not like you said for everyone. I had never touched the stuff before like 3 months ago. No I could care less about it and if I never do it again.

It didn't take me long to 'get back to normal' seeing as a good sleep and shower made me feel better after.

Just pointing out that it's not as bad as your putting it for some people. It doesn't make you not function for weeks after?

For me I was fine the morning after and could do everyday thing, work, etc.

But again, I havn't touched it in a month and could care less to.

Just putting in my opionion.

It is good that she doesn't have really any responsibilty right now. And she will probably grow out of this phase she's in or od and die...?

Either way I'm sure she knows what she's doing, if that's what it is. And maybe she will straighten out and look back on it and laugh.

It can definitely be even worse then I put it. It's great that it did not affect you that much and a good shower and some sleep made you feel "normal" again...every one has a different experience. Hopefully a good shower will clear her head. I obviously was not talking from the experience of being a recreational user. I'm sure she will get a good laugh after her image is plastered everywhere with her alleged coke use. I'm positive she will be laughing hysterically being linked with a bunch of guys who are all going to deny that they even know her. I'm sure she knows what she's doing...it sure looks like it.

actually it DOES have long term affects, even for 19 yr olds that only do it occasionally.

Not smart chiquita!

From what research I've done, very casual use doesn't have any long term effects (unless of course you have a heart attack from an all night binge). Pretty much once it's out of your system, the negativity is over and the body repairs itself. Chronic usage can indeed have longterm, permanent effects.