Tory Burch Reva Flats, Break in period question?

It's worth every penny I paid for it :biggrin: It worked miracle over night without any pain or funny socks involved ;)
Have you tried the shoe stretcher on patent shoes? I own the Reva's in black patent, but bought these online in my true size, as I hadn't yet learned that I would need to go up a half size. Needless to say, they are still sitting in my closet almost two years later as I'm afraid of the damage they will cause my feet. My only concern in having these stretched is whether the patent leather can crack it split since it isn't as supple as regular leather. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

Have you tried the shoe stretcher on patent shoes? I own the Reva's in black patent, but bought these online in my true size, as I hadn't yet learned that I would need to go up a half size. Needless to say, they are still sitting in my closet almost two years later as I'm afraid of the damage they will cause my feet. My only concern in having these stretched is whether the patent leather can crack it split since it isn't as supple as regular leather. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

Hi, no I haven't tried it on patent leather. To be honest I would be a little bit scared to try. But maybe if you stretch them very slowly it will be fine. But again -patent leather is difficult to stretch and I would be worry. You can always try to sell them and buy something more comfortable ( or easier to stretch )

Hi, no I haven't tried it on patent leather. To be honest I would be a little bit scared to try. But maybe if you stretch them very slowly it will be fine. But again -patent leather is difficult to stretch and I would be worry. You can always try to sell them and buy something more comfortable ( or easier to stretch )
Thanks for the reply. I might ask a cobbler to see if they could do it safely. If not, I'll sadly have to find them a new home.

I've bought my first pair of reva black nappa leather with silver today, love them but did your feet hurt at the top of your pinky soon as you put them on or are they a bit too small for me?

I tried on some bleach tumbled leather Revas with the leather logo emblem at Nordstrom Rack yesterday. I tried on both my usual TB size and a 1/2 size up. My size was perfect with lots of room in the toe box area which is where I found the silver logo black Revas I had ordered and sent back to Saks. I don't like white closed toe shoes as they aren't that practical for me (I stick closely to the Memorial Day to Labor Day white rule) so I didn't buy these. I will buy these in black or any version of brown next time they are included in a sale....

Mine took a couple earrings to break them in. I have heard that some people can't wear the Revas because of them digging in, but they can wear the Caroline flats. My Caroline's are more comfy than my revas.

Hi! I bought my first pair of revas a month ago and find they still dig in where the toe box area is. I don't want to have to wear band aids forever. Is there something i can do to fix this like get them stretched in the toe box? I am just worried these shoes are never going to be comfortable :wondering Also should I wear them several days in a row to help them stretch?

Hi! I bought my first pair of revas a month ago and find they still dig in where the toe box area is. I don't want to have to wear band aids forever. Is there something i can do to fix this like get them stretched in the toe box? I am just worried these shoes are never going to be comfortable :wondering Also should I wear them several days in a row to help them stretch?

You can try wearing socks and walking around the house in them. If it's a case of rubbing then you can try a friction stick like the Band Aid one. http://www.drugstore.com/band-aid-active-friction-block-stick/qxp163404

As an owner of many, many pairs of Revas I highly recommend trying these on in store if at all possible because the sizing varies slightly from season to season. Mestico, vegetable tan and suede have the most give and can be stretched pretty easily, especially if using a shoe stretcher. These also tend to run TTS. Tumbled leather varies. I have some that are TTS and others where I went up half a size. Straw, canvas and patent are the least forgiving and tend to run smaller. I also don't know anyone with narrow feet that find Revas comfortable.

Thankfully, after going through my Goldilocks phase my biggest problem now with Revas is the dye rubbing off on my feet after the first few wears :lol:.

I bought my first pair of Reva's last week and have worn them twice this week to work. I really don't know why everyone complains of discomfort with them. I bought them TTS and I have extremely wide feet and to me, they were super comfortable from the very first time of use.