The super cool MOTO LEATHER JACKET club!

i like my black/black today, maybe I should keep it?
Love it on you HQ!
:biggrin: think it's a combo of different reasons:
1-mainly- guilt due to having too many things that i should not have bought
2- think 34s fit slightly better but not no sure
3- think leather jackets look good on me only when worn with certain clothes eg v necks
4- feel black leather makes me look too 'butch' ?!!

Therapy- here i come! :lol::lol:
I hear ya about the guilt part. The fit looks perfect from here. Can't say anything except by more v necks the:P. if you feel like you look butch add a little extra makeup, heels and killer earrings.;)
I am so so sorry. This is so terrifying and heartbreaking. It's a great thing you found that lump right away. You spared him a whole world of even greater hurt and spreading infection by acting so quickly.
Well I kept feeling everywhere. I was watching for shock too especially since he is 16 years old.
Did your vet say it was ok to put peroxide on the wound? I'm not questioning your experience with this, given how you are obviously an animal lover and take care of many. I had the same thing happen with my cat a while ago and my vet told me not to put anything on the wound and to just let it air dry on its own. I reasearched this to death on the internet becasue I felt so helpless and wanted to do something to help. I found there are so many different views on this topic and I just don't know which one is right.
My vet told me to use peroxide to clean the wound out. She left it open instead of stitching it up so it can drain and heal but I am keeping a close eye on it for inflammation or infection.

justpeachy, your baby is gorgeous!

And now here are photos of the Bordeaux. It is definitely Bordeaux and not Cranberry. It's stunning, but not the shade of red I was expecting. I thought it would be a warm dark maroon red. It's actually quite cool, though I can't seem to capture the shade in photos. To the naked eye, it almost looks like a very dark deep magenta. Has more blues in it than browns/plums. And it's very different from 05 Bordeaux in the moto bags, which is quite a bit warmer.

But I absolutely love love love it! Once again VC shipped lighting fast.
Wow,you look amazing. I don't think it is Bordeaux though. Whatever it is you look fantastic in it.

omg Meg....I am so sorry to hear about what happened to Beau and I hope he is on the mend.
Thank you Oreo. He seems to be ok. Though he has lost his joyful air about him when he is outside. Even a little Yorkie scared him today. I hope he gets over that. He was always so good with other dogs in the neighborhood.
Congrats! It looks great on you. The color name of the jacket is actually Margaux. A lot of people refer to it as Bordeaux, but that is incorrect. Bordeaux was released last season and is a darker, warmer red. It can appear brown in some lighting, but I feel it is closer to the 05 Bordeaux than Margaux is. It only came out in the skinny quilted style, not the classic unfortunately.
That's it Margaux. I have the SQ Bordeaux and it is much darker.

I ran across your post. What happened to your Beau was so similar to my Rufus (avatar). I had both Poms en route to a dog park, we were in a car and making our way to the entrance. A huge dog was defending his Pom companion (weird right) broke free from the owner and ran towards Rufus with teeth flashing. Rufus too was yanked up into the air before a muzzle could adequately chomp down.

Walking little dogs is highly challenging. Were you wearing a moto? The one in the pic?

Actually I was in fuzzy pj bottoms with dogs on them, t-shirt an Uggs. So stylish I know. I was already having a bad day :sad: the most stylish I was all weekend was for my trip to the vet. How sad is that.
I am glad that Rufus escaped injury. I hope that Beau gets his little swagger back.

This was the only time that I wore my moto. Beau got attacked by a Pitbull yesterday when I was walking him and Misha. It was the scariest thing ever. My neighbor had been fostering the dog. She had it across the street on a leash, and I had Misha and Beau on two separate leashes, thank God. I normally have them on a dual leash. Yesterday was the first time that I did separate leashes, and I only did that because Misha has a new habit of chasing cars as they pass. So I needed more control which you don't get with a dual leash. Anyway the dog broke free raced across the street and jumped on Beau. I pulled Misha up by the leash and got him in my arms but was unable to protect both dogs. My neighbor ran across the street and jumped on the Pitbull. Beau was able to slip his collar, and he ran all the way home. I thought he was ok at first but then I felt a lump and took him to the vet where she found a puncture wound. Here is the pic of us waiting for them to get his antibiotics and pain meds. Also, a huge thank you to JP who kept me company via text while I was at the vet. It was a great moral support.
Poor sweet Beau! I am happy to hear he will make it through. Is there anything the vet said in particular to do for him in terms of his emotional trauma? Extra hugs, hold off on walking? He must be shocked and scared.

Poor sweet Beau! I am happy to hear he will make it through. Is there anything the vet said in particular to do for him in terms of his emotional trauma? Extra hugs, hold off on walking? He must be shocked and scared.

You know I would love to hold off on walking. The problem with that is that my boys will not poop in the backyard unless it is an emergency. It is so frustrating. When we moved into this house we had the backyard redone. It took 6 months and in that time they got out of the habit of doing anything in the back. Life would be so much easier if they only required 1 walk a day. Some days it feels like all I do is walk the boys. I have really tried to get them back in the habit especially with all the stuff that I have had going on this past year.

:biggrin: think it's a combo of different reasons:
1-mainly- guilt due to having too many things that i should not have bought
2- think 34s fit slightly better but not no sure
3- think leather jackets look good on me only when worn with certain clothes eg v necks
4- feel black leather makes me look too 'butch' ?!!

Therapy- here i come! :lol::lol:
I think it looks fantastic on you and there is nothing butch about you. Blk/blk is such a lovely jacket, a must have if I may say. If you get rid of it you'll regret it later. This is the altered one? If so, that is custom made for you and you must keep it. I wear mine often with turtlenecks, crewneck, boatneck and no neck (halter top):biggrin:. Honestly keep it!

thank you to all of you ladies who have taken the time to offer your views. i am veering towards keeping it, the leather feels so smooshy and i might just have to start wearing it only with v necks (easy to buy) and work my way up.
so you don think having 2 black jackets is too much?
i just need to save up enough now to find one in biscuit as its such a beautiful colour. i have one from all saints thats v similar in colour and v soft but it just isnt bal.

Thank you Cats! Right about the emergency vet. We go to VCA as our regular vet. We love them open 24 hrs everyday. Things like this always happen on weekends or at night when regular vets are closed. We wanted a vet clinic that always would know us when we came in with our babies. Sure enough most of our visits have been on the weekend.
That is so scary to hear that your dogs were attacked on their own property by a pitbull. Shows you can never be too careful.

I love that scarf. I hope you get it! If you don't let me know and I will keep an eye out for you.

This Pit was probably dumped in our neighborhood. She didn't have it long enough to know anything about it. I am glad it's gone. Ran into a coyote this morning with Nick. He was on the smallish side and honestly they scare me less than some of the big dogs from the neighborhood with owners that don't know what they are doing. There is no such thing as a bad dog just bad owners. Nick btw knew enough not to bark at it.[/

That is so frustrating. I would be totally shell shocked if I were you. Up where my parents live several people like to let their dogs roam free. Thankfully they aren't aggressive breeds but I fear for their safety with cars . Coyotes aren't as prevalent as in the west but when they are present you have to be on guard. A rabid one attacked a 3 year old last year :sad:

thank you to all of you ladies who have taken the time to offer your views. i am veering towards keeping it, the leather feels so smooshy and i might just have to start wearing it only with v necks (easy to buy) and work my way up.
so you don think having 2 black jackets is too much?
i just need to save up enough now to find one in biscuit as its such a beautiful colour. i have one from all saints thats v similar in colour and v soft but it just isnt bal.

Never to many black jackets! There are so many different types and they go with everything .

Thank you Cats! Right about the emergency vet. We go to VCA as our regular vet. We love them open 24 hrs everyday. Things like this always happen on weekends or at night when regular vets are closed. We wanted a vet clinic that always would know us when we came in with our babies. Sure enough most of our visits have been on the weekend.
That is so scary to hear that your dogs were attacked on their own property by a pitbull. Shows you can never be too careful.

I love that scarf. I hope you get it! If you don't let me know and I will keep an eye out for you.

This Pit was probably dumped in our neighborhood. She didn't have it long enough to know anything about it. I am glad it's gone. Ran into a coyote this morning with Nick. He was on the smallish side and honestly they scare me less than some of the big dogs from the neighborhood with owners that don't know what they are doing. There is no such thing as a bad dog just bad owners. Nick btw knew enough not to bark at it.[/

That is so frustrating. I would be totally shell shocked if I were you. Up where my parents live several people like to let their dogs roam free. Thankfully they aren't aggressive breeds but I fear for their safety with cars . Coyotes aren't as prevalent as in the west but when they are present you have to be on guard. A rabid one attacked a 3 year old last year :sad:
Wow that is scary. We have a large coyote population here. My community was built on a hill that the coyotes were on first plus we live across the street from a golf course and park with hiking trails.
Most of my neighbors are very conscientious about their animals and never let them out off leash unless they are right there, and the dog is very well trained. Still I worry because no matter how well trained a dog is its instinct can kick in, and they can take off. Most of the dogs in my neighborhood are on the smaller side too.