The super cool MOTO LEATHER JACKET club!

I am glad she is paying your vet bill and she sounds genuinely upset this happened to Beau. I hope he mends very soon and is able to get over such a traumatic situation.

Wow, fostering three dogs at once. That takes a lot of time. But, I am sure she must have known that the pit bull was aggressive. She must have. It is sad to hear the pit bull is probably going to be put down. But, if she is dangerous there is no telling what could happen. Sad, but better safe.

I am just sorry that dogs like this get aggressive due to with irresponsible people. Then the dog ends up paying for it.

The neighbor is a woman older than I am but stronger and definitely tougher. She rescued the dog from the streets, so no idea about the background had it for 2 weeks and was trying to find her a home. She said the dog had not been at all aggressive but had been in her backyard since she brought her home so I am not totally sure that is true. She has a German Shepard, a lab mix and a small schnauzer so my guess is she had some idea the pitbull was dog aggressive. She apologized came to my house to make sure beau was ok and brought back his collar which he slipped and his leash. She only found out this morning that I had to take him to the vet. She called me and immediately apologized again asked how much the vet bill was and said she would come by after work and reimburse me. Beau is her favorite dog in the neighborhood and she is really upset. The dog has been picked up by animal control and they have been informed that she attacked a small dog. My guess is that she will be put down. I feel badly for the dog but she is far too dangerous to have in our neiborhood.

Meg- so sorry to hear about beau. That is terrifying. Glad you and misha are ok. I don't know what I would have done in that situation. So scary.

As requested, here is a pic of the new addition to our family. We took photos last week and the digital proofs are in :smile:ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393897622.300758.jpg

Meg- so sorry to hear about beau. That is terrifying. Glad you and misha are ok. I don't know what I would have done in that situation. So scary.

As requested, here is a pic of the new addition to our family. We took photos last week and the digital proofs are in :smile:View attachment 2529100

Oh my goodness, she is soooooo adorable! She is gorgeous, congrats on your new baby. Enjoy your "babymoon"!

This was the only time that I wore my moto. Beau got attacked by a Pitbull yesterday when I was walking him and Misha. It was the scariest thing ever. My neighbor had been fostering the dog. She had it across the street on a leash, and I had Misha and Beau on two separate leashes, thank God. I normally have them on a dual leash. Yesterday was the first time that I did separate leashes, and I only did that because Misha has a new habit of chasing cars as they pass. So I needed more control which you don't get with a dual leash. Anyway the dog broke free raced across the street and jumped on Beau. I pulled Misha up by the leash and got him in my arms but was unable to protect both dogs. My neighbor ran across the street and jumped on the Pitbull. Beau was able to slip his collar, and he ran all the way home. I thought he was ok at first but then I felt a lump and took him to the vet where she found a puncture wound. Here is the pic of us waiting for them to get his antibiotics and pain meds. Also, a huge thank you to JP who kept me company via text while I was at the vet. It was a great moral support.

Look at the sweetheart so patient and good!!! I bet misha was so happy to see you guys when you got home!! :smile:

You're welcome!! 😘 I'm just glad beau didn't have too bad of a puncture. It's bc he's "All Man!" :smile:

I'm so behind:
JDN: loving your mod shots in asphalt
JP: I think the new moto looked lovely but it looks like you could size down (if you wanted)
JMacadon: congrats on militaire, these are rare and a fabulous neutral

It was my last day in work today, celebrated with a bit of shopping and a coffee with 07 and my new to me 05 khaki first, and I got my braces off
View attachment 2528360

As requested, here is a pic of the new addition to our family. We took photos last week and the digital proofs are in :smile:View attachment 2529100

Oh my goodness peachy, your baby girl is angelic! Can't wait for her to wear a moto in the future! Congrats! My baby girl is 16 and I still love getting her clothes....so much fun! Xoxox

cookie I'm sorry to hear that :sad:. We have coyotes as well in the north east. They are different than the ones in the west because they cross breed with wolves so they look like small German shepherds. Are the ones in the Midwest like that?

Yes the coyote is a bit skinny but almost the same size as my large older dog (mutt) around 40-50 lb size. We also have the red fox I have seen in our front yard. And let's not forget about the skunk community! Ugh. Hate the skunks. We had that happen to one dog also! It never ends.