The super cool MOTO LEATHER JACKET club!

Congrats (on blk/blk AND bordeaux!). Can't wait to see more photos. This black looks great on you.

Thank you! I'm counting the days for Bordeaux to arrive and will definitely post photos.

Love the black with black zips...if I were to ever get a black jacket this would be the one!

I agree. As soon as I saw the black/black, I knew it was the one for me. I love how the other zippers look as well, but this one fits my style much more. Love it!

oooh congratulations this looks fabulous on you, such a stunning combo - I love black/black!
Thank you! You are all so wonderful to celebrate this with me.

How BEAUTIFUL!! Those pants are gorgeous! WHat an outfit, love it! COngrats!!

Thank you. I'm lucky to work at a place that tolerates my not too conservative style. I can see how the photo is a bit misleading, but I'm wearing a long skirt.

Fantastic fit, congrats.

Thank you. I love the fit, though I can't zip it up comfortably.

Deco: what year is the black it's gorgy! And the Bordeaux? Your on a lucky role!

Thank you! Bordeaux was the last one I wanted so I believe I'm done. For now:P.

The year part of the tag is cut off so I can't tell. It's got black tags, so it can't be the same year as my 2009 khaki with black zips. Also at size 40 it has the same fit as my size 38 khaki so it's from a year that ran smaller. so I would guess 2010 or 2011.

I have finally found my real size in these jackets!!! I tried size 40...pretty good fit in the shoulders but a little too tight around the waist area. Got a size 42 quilted and it was just too big in the shoulders. Got a couple of size 44's thinking I could wear sweaters under them but hey...I live in Northern California and we do not have cold winters. So I finally got a Militaire size 42 and this is it! I still have my size 40 Higgins which actually is pretty close to the Militaire and my 40 Sienne Fonce which I can only wear with a light tee. I also have the cotton quilted in Khaki size 40 which is my size in the skinny. Thinkin I am good...finally :smile:

I have finally found my real size in these jackets!!! I tried size 40...pretty good fit in the shoulders but a little too tight around the waist area. Got a size 42 quilted and it was just too big in the shoulders. Got a couple of size 44's thinking I could wear sweaters under them but hey...I live in Northern California and we do not have cold winters. So I finally got a Militaire size 42 and this is it! I still have my size 40 Higgins which actually is pretty close to the Militaire and my 40 Sienne Fonce which I can only wear with a light tee. I also have the cotton quilted in Khaki size 40 which is my size in the skinny. Thinkin I am good...finally :smile:

Congrats J: I did this going back and trying many sizes too from 36-42 I have had several and really until you try them u won't know. Even though they are not consistent I have to think they are hand made ( I hope!) and do vary by jacket and by year. I too am a 38 in quilted and 40 in moto too. The 40 is a little roomy on me but a 39 would be perfect!

Share some pics Jdn! But your heading us in the wrong direction! Lol
Yep, got that shawl. I resisted for a few days, but this morning I decided I needed it after the weekend that I had.
my moto asked for a specific Hermes silk scarf. here is hoping I can get it!
Mine ask for them all the time. You need to be very strict with your motos or you are heading down a slippery slope. Trust me I know. BTW, which one is your moto asking for?
I'm so happy for weather in the 30's! Finally can take motos out to play. I swear, those and my F+B boots renew my life force!!!

Yeah for you. Please post pics. I love seeing all your photos.

This was the only time that I wore my moto. Beau got attacked by a Pitbull yesterday when I was walking him and Misha. It was the scariest thing ever. My neighbor had been fostering the dog. She had it across the street on a leash, and I had Misha and Beau on two separate leashes, thank God. I normally have them on a dual leash. Yesterday was the first time that I did separate leashes, and I only did that because Misha has a new habit of chasing cars as they pass. So I needed more control which you don't get with a dual leash. Anyway the dog broke free raced across the street and jumped on Beau. I pulled Misha up by the leash and got him in my arms but was unable to protect both dogs. My neighbor ran across the street and jumped on the Pitbull. Beau was able to slip his collar, and he ran all the way home. I thought he was ok at first but then I felt a lump and took him to the vet where she found a puncture wound. Here is the pic of us waiting for them to get his antibiotics and pain meds. Also, a huge thank you to JP who kept me company via text while I was at the vet. It was a great moral support.

Attachments

• IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 249