Toile leather combo

archangel

Aug 23, 2006
Hey TPFs,

Of late, I have developed a liking for toile leather combos. What do you think of this combo - picture from Loire - Japan. I probably want it in a 30cm instead of 35cm. Dull? Classic?

hbup200704414a.jpg

I love the look of the toile/combo...but what changed my mind was lack of a full leather bottom...so I decided on the bolide combo instead as it has a full leather bottom...but that's because my lifestyle requires it lol!!

I agree with shoes. The bag above is lovely; my personal preference though for a toile combo would be the natural barenia/toile, and the toile bottom is also an issue for me in terms of practicality...

I love toile/leather. (see avatar!) I think it is completely fresh looking for spring, but at the same time classic. I LOVE the look in a birkin but I guess I'm afraid I would also be at great risk to trash the bottom. If I had one, I would consider it a "special occasion" bag as opposed to an "everyday" bag. (ex. weddings, luncheons etc.)

I use my little Bleu Marine/Toile Kelly almost every day in the Spring/Summer and the toile on the bottom is as clean and fresh as the day I got her. AND she's vintage!

I'm very, very impressed with these combos.....I think they are wonderful warm weather bags that make almost any daily outfit chic! I wear jeans a lot and the color-ways that look best is the Bleu Marine/Toile and the Barenia/Toile....I'm thinking the Ebene/Toile would work as well but I haven't seen that combo IRL yet.......would LOVE to though!!!!

I know we're talking about Birkins here but here's the Bleu Marine/Toile Kelly I have.....and the black Box Kelly.......the Bleu is really fresh against the Black IMO and wonderful for Spring/Summer.

Do they make Birkins in this Bleu or Navy with toile????

Attachments

• VintageKellys1.jpg
    VintageKellys1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 73