Does this make any sense??

envyme

La Ilaha Illa Allah
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I am going on a trip at the end of this month. There is a non-stop flight available. However, the girl traveling with me suggested that we take another flight that stops in Miami on our way to our destination:Push: . Her reason is that she is afraid of flying and needs to stop somewhere:confused1: . Mind you, this girl travels all the time. So I say that IF she's afraid of flying, its ridiculous to prefer a flight that stops somewhere over one that doesn't. Its less traveling time. I am so annoyed because her logic doesn't make any sense to me. I think that we are going to have to go on separate flights.

What do you think??

Yeah, I agree. If you can make a straight shot to your location then that's the best option. Making a connecting flight and potential layovers are so annoying (and sometimes very stressful).

I'm afraid to fly also so there is no way that I would want to stop somewhere and then have to take off again. She is probably up to something. Like you said the shorter and the less stops you make the better off you are if you don't like flying.

Tell her that she is basically doubling her chances of dying in a horrible plane crash by choosing to take two flights instead of one. She sounds like a pain.

Of course, you should do this while smiling sweetly!

I'm afraid to fly also so there is no way that I would want to stop somewhere and then have to take off again. She is probably up to something. Like you said the shorter and the less stops you make the better off you are if you don't like flying.

I think so to!!

Thank you everyone for your responses!!!:heart: I just wanted to make sure that I was not being unreasonable.

she's being totally stupid. you double your chances of airplane malfunction by taking two planes instead of one, not to mention increased flying time.

One flight is best. There could always be a problem with the other plane being delayed. And it is crazy to say two flights are better than one. I hate to fly and the thought of two takeoffs, 2 landings would give me more anxiety than one. I would stick to my guns on this and say one flight only.

that does not make sense at all to me. One flight, one take off, one landing, less travel time, less likely to lose your luggage etc. As someone pointed out, maybe she has another reason for wanting to stop at miami?

I agree with all the previous posters. If she's so scared to fly, why would she want to go through hell twice?? Smells funny to me. Go on separate flights!