Home & Garden The Things You Love Around Your Home

Bump :smile:

I love this mysterious animal skin that we found while we're cleaning at my late FIL's house. We don't know where and how he got this from and what kind of skin this is. It would be a shame to throw it away, it will not give the poor animal's life back.

This painted paper mache box souvenir I bought in Russia. Love the painting on it, so fine and delicate.

Last edited:
Bump :smile:

I love this mysterious animal skin that we found while we're cleaning at my late FIL's house. We don't know where and how he got this from and what kind of skin this is. It would be a shame to throw it away, it will not give the poor animal's life back.

This painted paper mache box souvenir I bought in Russia. Love the painting on it, so fine and delicate.

I think the skin is beautiful. maybe it's some kind of wolf? yes, it's a shame that the animal was killed (hopefully the meat was eaten & it wasn't killed just for its hide), but getting rid of the skin won't bring the animal back. I'm OK with inherited vintage skins. it looks beautiful with your red chair.

the plate is very pretty & clearly looks Russian. what a great souvenir from your trip.

I think the skin is beautiful. maybe it's some kind of wolf? yes, it's a shame that the animal was killed (hopefully the meat was eaten & it wasn't killed just for its hide), but getting rid of the skin won't bring the animal back. I'm OK with inherited vintage skins. it looks beautiful with your red chair.

the plate is very pretty & clearly looks Russian. what a great souvenir from your trip.

Thank you f&f! I'm so happy with the skin and that little box. It's an unexpensive box but I adore it. Such a treat to my eyes :love:

It looks like a reindeer skin...

Really? Oh I think the mystery of this skin is finally solved lol Thank you very much for chiming in :flowers:

Things I love, on my desk:

null_zpsa3c58d6b.jpg

Little things picked during travel of no great value

null_zpsa64b503b.jpg

null_zps58017f50.jpg

wow, it's been like 7 years since i've had a home phone.

here's my vintage telephone. lol!

this is also one of our favorites seats in the house...and here's why.

super comfy, it's soft and cushy and just big enough for two.

and the view........

What I'd give to have this view to come home to every evening.