2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a killer wallet! Good for you to stay strong!

You did GOOD! You should be proud. You resisted! YEAH!! That purple MJ is even nicer IMHO.

You did really good! And I agree with AmorNChanel, the color on the MJ is better. The pink is fun and cute but the purple is gorgeous =) (and this is coming from someone that owns a wallet in a similar pink haha)

MAMs are so awesome!

It's really cute =) I love Kate Spade

Tuuli- I like your wallet better. I have the mk pink one and it is nice but not as nice as yours. Good job.!
Today I came close to ordering another bag. It was fifty percent off and it is my favorite color from mz wallace, but I really don' t have the space at the moment. That and I just got another bag before christmas from them in that color. Then I thought maybe I should get my favorite shape from them silver because it was on a super sale, but I am not sure I would wear such a bright silver. I really got caught up in the huge discounts. I decided to step away from the computer and got busy doing something else. I hope they sold out . I really need to enjoy what I have for now.

I love the pink of that wallet, gorgeous!! But congrats on returning it and using your MJ instead! You should be proud of yourself! :smile:

Thank you so much!!

Thank you! I will definitely be using it a lot this year!! :graucho:

Classic and lovely!

I am seriously debating this issue. I have a couple of bags that, when I look in my closet to decide which bag to use next, I always decide not to use. But, then I feel bad because the bags are really pretty. I just don't know if I have to force myself to use something, if I should just let it go or struggle with whether or not I should keep it.

I have been doing okay with my resolution so far, but I have to admit that I have already seen two bags that I want to pick up and add to my collection. So far, I have resisted, but I have come across a way of making each bag a bit cheaper, so I am not sure I will be able to resist for very much longer.

It's not my particular style, but the shape is classic and if you love it, then definitely rock it! Congrats!!

You should be proud of yourself!!! Plus, the MJ wallet is gorgeous! Love that color!

Lovely!
Thank you all! I love this wallet but it is the first time using it. Sometimes I buy things and then instead of using the bag or wallet, store them because they are so pretty and I am afraid that by using they would get scratches. Stupid, I know. This thread is really pushing me to use the things and get out if this habit. Thank you all!

I am so happy to read that I am not alone this struggle against sales. It is difficult not to look because there are so many great deals out there.

Last edited:
I switched into my Rebecca Minkoff BBW MAM and love carrying this bag! Lots of room and I love the purple zipper track. Also love that it is made in NYC!

Why do my pics keep rotating? Ugh!!!
It is very pretty, love the zipper!

I was inspired by JennyErin and decided to change my bag tonight. I pulled out my vintage coach Willis bag. I know coach relaunched this style not that long ago but this bag is over 15 years old, at least. Does anyone know how I can find out? Inside the bag it is marked M72 9927. The bag is in pretty good condition considering its age and I did not store it properly for many, many years. Coach does not make leather like this any more(thick and soft). I also pulled out my coach heart coin purse to commemorate upcoming valentine's day.

View attachment 2465519
You could post the pics to Coach authentication thread, the ladies there might be able to help you.

I was inspired by JennyErin and decided to change my bag tonight. I pulled out my vintage coach Willis bag. I know coach relaunched this style not that long ago but this bag is over 15 years old, at least. Does anyone know how I can find out? Inside the bag it is marked M72 9927. The bag is in pretty good condition considering its age and I did not store it properly for many, many years. Coach does not make leather like this any more(thick and soft). I also pulled out my coach heart coin purse to commemorate upcoming valentine's day.

View attachment 2465519

You can call Coach with the number, they should be able to tell you.

Good news: Found my Leopard Speedy (OMG I can't believe it!!!)
SHAZAM!!! :nuts: Congrats, that is one AMAZING speedy!!!
Edit. Will return the wallet and use this MJ one instead. I refuse to use sadness as excuse for shopping. :biggrin: kind of proud of myself right now.
Good for you!!! Love the purple MJ!
Today I am using my Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Mini in black. Love this bag!
Love seeing some smushy leather!
But I found a new tote. It's absolutely adorable and I love boats. Hence my instant love for this bag.
It's fun and cute! Why not, since you're giving up a few bags and you love it? ;)

Sometimes I just want to buy it because I can't pass up a good bargain or I fall in love with it for the moment and when I get home, I'm over it because I already bought it. YKWIM.
OMG, I do this!!! Those are the bags that I end up returning... usually within a week. I am really trying NOT to do that this year!
I have a compulsive need to change things like every day, bag, nails etc. Sometimes it drives me crazy though :smile:
Nails, everyday? Wow, that is impressive!
Today I came close to ordering another bag. It was fifty percent off and it is my favorite color from mz wallace, but I really don' t have the space at the moment. That and I just got another bag before christmas from them in that color. Then I thought maybe I should get my favorite shape from them silver because it was on a super sale, but I am not sure I would wear such a bright silver. I really got caught up in the huge discounts. I decided to step away from the computer and got busy doing something else. I hope they sold out . I really need to enjoy what I have for now.
Good job!!! I try to ask myself, "Would I buy this if it was full price?" Works most of the time... ;)
I've kind of been on a buying 'itch' too.. the last couple of days during lunch I've been stalking the sales and seeing if they will get reduced more or have new styles..
I haven't felt the spending urge like THIS before in a long time. Definitely need to change things up tonight or I think I may give in and buy something =S What's wrong with me???
It really is hard this time of year!!! The sales are in full force and we've just finished a busy holiday season shopping, cooking and a million other things for everyone else!
I switched into my Rebecca Minkoff BBW MAM and love carrying this bag! Lots of room and I love the purple zipper track.
Pretty! Love the purple zipper track!

If something is wrong with you, then something is also wrong with me. For me, it is just that I was used to constantly hunting for a new bag last year and I find that it has been difficult for me of giving up my hunting habit.
Me too!
\I pulled out my vintage coach Willis bag. I know coach relaunched this style not that long ago but this bag is over 15 years old, at least.
Wow, still looks great! Such a classic!

Ok, so I switched to my black bal. This was my first designer bag and I adore it. :hbeat: Even though my brown bal is my fave, I don't think I could ever part with this one...

(ps- same Coach wallet as before, since I only have ONE wallet! Shocking, I know.)

Attachments

• bbag.jpg
    bbag.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 129
I think that the Kate Spade tote is really cute. Plus, getting rid of 4 in exchange for the one is a pretty good trade.

Have you e-mailed Kate Spade customer service a picture of the tote to see if they can tell you anything uselful?

That's a good idea. I'll do that.

Still working on letting go of the other 4. I forgot to bring the one for my work friend. But they'll be out in a week for sure.

Before I buy a new bag I usually sell one that I have had. I take very good care of my bags so they stay in almost like new condition and I wait to get what I think is a fair price for it and then use that money toward a new one or pre-loved one. And I try to keep a set number of bags at any given time.

It sound like you have a good system that works for you.

Your willis looks fantastic!

Thanks dcooney4. I used some coach conditioner last year for the very first time (long overdue) and it really made a difference - almost like new.

Thank you all! I love this wallet but it is the first time using it. Sometimes I buy things and then instead of using the bag or wallet, store them because they are so pretty and I am afraid that by using they would get scratches. Stupid, I know. This thread is really pushing me to use the things and get out if this habit. Thank you all!

I am so happy to read that I am not alone this struggle against sales. It is difficult not to look because there are so many great deals out there.

Ha, ha...I do the very same thing! Not stupid at all. I still have two bags with tags on them because I enjoy looking at them while they are still in the "new" state. I am just waiting for the perfect moment to use them. Lol... I anticipate finding the perfect moment to use everything this year. :biggrin:

You could post the pics to Coach authentication thread, the ladies there might be able to help you.

Yes, I did not even think of that because this has been sitting in my closet for so long and the only time I used in recent past was because I decided to condition it. Thanks for the idea.

You can call Coach with the number, they should be able to tell you.

Hmmm... I never even considered doing that. It makes sense that they might be able to help. Interesting idea. Thanks!

OMG, I do this!!! Those are the bags that I end up returning... usually within a week. I am really trying NOT to do that this year!

Yeah, I am going to try and take my time with my purchases this year. But it's so hard when I see something I like, I just want to get it. My DH is super supportive and never says anything about my purchases. I am the one that makes me feel guilty when I go overboard.

Wow, still looks great! Such a classic!

Thanks, the Willis has really held up well over the years.

Ok, so I switched to my black bal. This was my first designer bag and I adore it. :hbeat: Even though my brown bal is my fave, I don't think I could ever part with this one...

(ps- same Coach wallet as before, since I only have ONE wallet! Shocking, I know.)

Love your bal! Bal leathers are always so soft.

So pretty!

SHAZAM!!! :nuts: Congrats, that is one AMAZING speedy!!!

Good for you!!! Love the purple MJ!

Love seeing some smushy leather!

It's fun and cute! Why not, since you're giving up a few bags and you love it? ;)
Thank you!

It sound like you have a good system that works for you.

Thanks dcooney4. I used some coach conditioner last year for the very first time (long overdue) and it really made a difference - almost like new.

Ha, ha...I do the very same thing! Not stupid at all. I still have two bags with tags on them because I enjoy looking at them while they are still in the "new" state. I am just waiting for the perfect moment to use them. Lol... I anticipate finding the perfect moment to use everything this year. :biggrin:

Yes, I did not even think of that because this has been sitting in my closet for so long and the only time I used in recent past was because I decided to condition it. Thanks for the idea.

Hmmm... I never even considered doing that. It makes sense that they might be able to help. Interesting idea. Thanks!
It is exactly this pleasure of owning something new. :smile:

MAM's are always great bags and this one is beautiful!!

Thank you Denver :smile:

I switched into my Rebecca Minkoff BBW MAM and love carrying this bag! Lots of room and I love the purple zipper track. Also love that it is made in NYC!

Why do my pics keep rotating? Ugh!!!

Such a gorgeous bag!! One day I do want to add a BBW MAM to my collection, they are just so classic yet unique at the same time!

Classic and lovely!

Lovely!

Thanks for all the love lv!!!

View attachment 2465519

I am so flattered right now Amor :smile: beautiful bag and love her insides as well!! I hope in another 15 years I look as good as that bag!!

Beautiful picture that Bal looks gorgeous!! This year, since I am on a buying ban, I am saving up for my first Bal. So beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.