2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2014, I'm hoping to not sell anything and to add 2 or 3 bags that are well thought out. I am going to be searching for a LV Leopard Speedy on the pre-loved market (only at a good price) and I'll be buying a new LV Tivoli PM for my 30th birthday (eek!). I will be very interested to see at the end of next year how I do. I'm hoping this thread will keep me accountable! Thanks for reading!

I'm bumping my post from the beginning of the year (we're only 14 days in, lol). I haven't sold anything, which is good. Good news/bad news. Good news: Found my Leopard Speedy (OMG I can't believe it!!!) Retail is $2760, and I paid $1626 shipped, which IMO, is a pretty good price considering it's Limited Edition. My max was going to be $1750, so I did OK I think. Bad news is now I got one of my bags for the year and it's only January 14th!! I am now banned until my birthday in June, yikes. I will definitely be shopping my own closet until then. Here's a quick reveal of my new speedy though! I know this bag isn't for everyone, but I absolutely love it!

I'm bumping my post from the beginning of the year (we're only 14 days in, lol). I haven't sold anything, which is good. Good news/bad news. Good news: Found my Leopard Speedy (OMG I can't believe it!!!) Retail is $2760, and I paid $1626 shipped, which IMO, is a pretty good price considering it's Limited Edition. My max was going to be $1750, so I did OK I think. Bad news is now I got one of my bags for the year and it's only January 14th!! I am now banned until my birthday in June, yikes. I will definitely be shopping my own closet until then. Here's a quick reveal of my new speedy though! I know this bag isn't for everyone, but I absolutely love it!

WOW, that is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I love it! Congratulations!! It's so beautiful, I'm so happy for u lol.

That's what happened to me last year, found my LV HG in the first few weeks, if not days haha, but it was SO worth it.

I totally agree with the bold statement! On the other hand though, you may fall in love all over again with a bag that hasn't been used in a while! For me, if I haven't used it in a while, it's time to go. I try to not convince myself that I need it, kwim? I've gotten my collection down far enough though that almost everything gets used. I have one Treesje bag that is up in the closet, but the resale market for Treesje is terrible. At this point, if I part with it, I will just donate it.
True, I may love it again, but I agree more with the YOUR bolded statement lol. I DO tell myself not to test it out and see how it is (unless it's something really obvious that i need) - i just tell myself, OK it hasn't seen the light of day in years, it's going to go.. but sometimes they still do end up back in my closet haha.

In love with this bag!!!!
In

I am going to stick with what I am doing. I have found more then one bag that I really love again. There are a couple that I won't bother even trying because I know they do not work or I'm just over them . Those are on my list to sell or give away.

I love this! What is the leopard part made of?

Congrats!

I've had a lot going on so far this year, so I've mostly stuck with my le pliage, with brief stints in my mini tanner and an RM Mac. I was planning to get a fall le pliage on sale or spring or pliage but haven't yet. Almost at the 6 months of no bag purchases mark. Finally sold the last bag I knew I wanted to sell-now just have about 4 that I'm still thinking about. Hoping to do a little better with rotating bags.

Everyone has such beautiful bags! I tried going back through, but this thread moves FAST!!
How is everyone doing so far with their 2014 resolutions?
I was doing quite good until I saw this wallet: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/231133352037?lpid=82 I was feeling very down yesterday and that bright color made my day much better, am thinking to give it some more time and make a final decision when I feel better again.

This is so pretty and unique bag! Congratulations!

Love the DE Speedy! :ghi5:

Thank you!!

OMG I am so in love with this bag!!! Congrats on such an amazing find for an amazing price!! Can't wait to see more pics of this beauty throughout the year!

I was doing quite good until I saw this wallet: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/231133352037?lpid=82 I was feeling very down yesterday and that bright color made my day much better, am thinking to give it some more time and make a final decision when I feel better again.

Edit. Will return the wallet and use this MJ one instead. I refuse to use sadness as excuse for shopping. :biggrin: kind of proud of myself right now.

Attachments

• 570.jpg
    570.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 128
Today I am using my Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Mini in black. Love this bag!

20140115_085634.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.