2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What helped me was to write down what worked and didn't on the bags that I bought. Then take all your bags and put them on your bed in size order and in color order if possible and pull the ones that really don't work and either sell, donate or give away. What you will have left are ones that work for you or at least that you really like. Good luck!

Thank you! This is a great help! I will try this!!

I was wearing my Onna Ehrlich Maya and Ferragamo wallet today. Both are actually deeper red color, just very difficult to capture.

Happy New Year everyone! Cant wait to see all pretty bags next year!

Attachments

• kotid_1.jpg
    kotid_1.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 460
Here is my little family of bags. (Clutches and wristlets excluded). I did find a Rebecca Minkoff travel tote this morning on clearance for 49 and think I might just make that a diaper bag or day trip bag. The new Kate spade is the little Nadine (shamrock? Don't really know the color --looks like Kelly green and is so bright and lovely). As you can see I need warm colors (red or yellow) or even a nice bright turquoise to fill in the gaps. If a find a good preloved bag that needs a home, great but won't go out of my way for that. No more than 3 though. Totally going to print this photo out and post in my closet to reference when doing the "what am I going to wear dance?".

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1388526987.855275.jpg

Back to front roll call:
LV bucket, Rebecca Minkoff travel tote, Badgely Mischa in ice, Rebecca Minkoff in elephant, Tory Burch, Coach, Coach, Coach black (first bag bought - 2001), Kate Spade little Nadine, Rebecca Minkoff, MbMJ, Coach Bleeker 2007 (wedding gift from husband).

Here is my little family of bags. (Clutches and wristlets excluded). I did find a Rebecca Minkoff travel tote this morning on clearance for 49 and think I might just make that a diaper bag or day trip bag. The new Kate spade is the little Nadine (shamrock? Don't really know the color --looks like Kelly green and is so bright and lovely). As you can see I need warm colors (red or yellow) or even a nice bright turquoise to fill in the gaps. If a find a good preloved bag that needs a home, great but won't go out of my way for that. No more than 3 though. Totally going to print this photo out and post in my closet to reference when doing the "what am I going to wear dance?".

View attachment 2446619

Back to front roll call:
LV bucket, Rebecca Minkoff travel tote, Badgely Mischa in ice, Rebecca Minkoff in elephant, Tory Burch, Coach, Coach, Coach black (first bag bought - 2001), Kate Spade little Nadine, Rebecca Minkoff, MbMJ, Coach Bleeker 2007 (wedding gift from husband).
You have a beautiful collection! And I laughed when I finally saw your cat. Your collection is so classic and diverse.

Right now I have a rude and aggressive buyer on ebay threatening me and accusing me of selling her a fake. It was my Marc Jacobs Large Single :crybaby:. I sold the bag because she was too small and was going to buy the Marc Jacobs The Mate. I've been really upset, and want to quit everything -- you know when you feel kinda burnt out? I would have been okay if it was a simple return because I sympathize with a remorseful buyer. But the receipts, cc statement, authentication, apparently, none of it matters to her or Pay Pal. She was trying to pressure me into doing things that leave me unprotected as a seller, flipped out at me, and the thoughts of scam scam scam are here now.

Because of this experience, I'm really afraid to sell the other 4 bags I had left to get me down to an even 10. What do you do with your bags then? Do you have bags in your collection you don't like and don't use? The bags are Marc Jacobs, Rebecca Minkoff and 2 Oroton so they aren't bags I can sell on consignment.

Right now I have a rude and aggressive buyer on ebay threatening me and accusing me of selling her a fake. It was my Marc Jacobs Large Single :crybaby:. I sold the bag because she was too small and was going to buy the Marc Jacobs The Mate. I've been really upset, and want to quit everything -- you know when you feel kinda burnt out? I would have been okay if it was a simple return because I sympathize with a remorseful buyer. But the receipts, cc statement, authentication, apparently, none of it matters to her or Pay Pal. She was trying to pressure me into doing things that leave me unprotected as a seller, flipped out at me, and the thoughts of scam scam scam are here now.

Because of this experience, I'm really afraid to sell the other 4 bags I had left to get me down to an even 10. What do you do with your bags then? Do you have bags in your collection you don't like and don't use? The bags are Marc Jacobs, Rebecca Minkoff and 2 Oroton so they aren't bags I can sell on consignment.
Hugs! I was reading your story in Ebay forum and I am really sorry you had this experience. My suggestion is to try to get the bag back and forget about that seller, she is nothing than trouble. You are not going to convince her that the bag is not a fake. I can understand the feeling of being burned out very well, as I have had bad experiences in Ebay too. If you are not in time limit then just take the time out and sell the bags when you feel comfortable enough. There are perfect buyers out there.

Sorry to hear. That's horrible to go through. Bags I know can't sell or just not worth my time to sell I give away. Luckily I have two nieces in their early 20's and love to visit and always go home with at least a bag or two and a good pair of heels.

image.jpgI have been so encouraged by the 2013 thread...which really did assist with limiting my excessive spending...and I am looking forward to sharing 2014 with others who have a love for great handbags...I am carrying my Verona GM into 2014....Wishing each of you a very prosperous and healthy New Year....

I was wearing my Onna Ehrlich Maya and Ferragamo wallet today. Both are actually deeper red color, just very difficult to capture.

Happy New Year everyone! Cant wait to see all pretty bags next year!
Those are both beautiful pieces, the red is gorgeous.

View attachment 2446619

Back to front roll call:
Great collection! Your new Kate Spade is a avery fun color! I love Kate Spade greens.

Sorry you have to go through this, it sucks. I sell mine through craigslist. It's not any better and you can expect low-ballers and rude people (I just wrote about my own experience I had recently) but ive always been weary about having to deal with shipping an item out and dealing with PayPal, etc. At least if it's local it's easier to deal with, but ya, craigslist has its own set of problems too. I hope this gets settled for u soon *hugs*

I am completely obsessed with buying another designer bag. Do I need this bag? No. Can I afford this bag? Yes, but there are other things I should be focused on financially right now. Can I stop obsessing over it? No. Has anyone experienced this? How do you resist buying the bag?? Please help, I am weak! :sad:

Thank you so much everyone for the kind support. The case is getting stranger, but hopefully it will be resolved soon (she said sorry and changed her mind on it being fake but hasn't withdrawn the dispute). I've had such lovely buyers in the past, but I think I need to re-think my strategy when I sell in the future although it won't be for a long time after this. Perhaps using craiglist and getting my bags authenticated by a third party before I sell them.

I had a friend come up with an idea of donating the last of my bags to the charity he works for and letting the charity auction them! That way I'm doing something good (someone gets a bargain and charity gets money). I suppose my thing is that I'm okay with donating money, but I'm not okay with losing money in a scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.