2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I would love to join this thread in 2014 and shop more in my own closet. During the past year, I periodically peeked in the previous thread and enjoyed seeing how supportive everyone was toward each other. Recently I made the decision to try and simplify my life and try to focus on more of the important things in life (family, friends, personal education and working on my existing relationships).

My goal in 2014 is to buy no more than 2 bags and 2 SLGs since none is not achievable for me. I also love the idea of creating an inventory of my bags on a spreadsheet. Thanks for sharing that idea and the tracking for cost per wear. It will be one of the first things I will do in 2014. I have no idea how many bags I own but I will find out after I create my spreadsheet. I don't think I have very many bags but I suspect the number will be bigger than I expect. My collection consists of Chanel, Coach, Celine, a few LVs, no name brands and other miscellaneous bags. I look forward to getting inspiration and support to keep things simple in 2014.

Happy New Year to all and may we all stay strong together!!

Today, I went to exchange something and I wore my christmas gift from dh. I thought if I wore a brand new bag while out shopping it would keep me from all the bag sales and it did. It is a Michael Kors medium leather gilmore bag in cinnabar.

Such a beautiful cinnabar color and love the LV wallet. Glad to hear you were able to resist!

hey pixiejenna, good to see u this year! :smile: I think it's great u managed to only get one bag, i need to practice restraint, sigh. And I see a 'rut' as aa glass half full, cuz at least u know they work well enough for u to not need to change out of them :smile:

i think it's a work in progress for everyone, definitely for me!

cant wait to see your reed krakoff bags, would love to hear how they work for u.

welcome on board! :smile:

Mflo's awesome, I still listen to that album :smile:

Uuuuuugh, I broke...someone posted on one of the threads that coach has a boxing day sale..half off legacy...which is being discontinued...and I love legacy..so....see below, my haul...at least it's before 2014..uuuuugh I feel baaad, yet soooo happy...and I know I will def use these because I already have the tote in another color and had wanted another (and the blue colorblock is my fave combo), and the harper is very similar to the candace (my fave legacy) with a hybrid of borough (while beautiful, doesn't completely suit me) so this is perfect, and I've been eyeing the croc embossed items (using the wristlet as we speak!). All 50 percent off.

Nice haul. I can see why you broke down. The Coach Legacy is such a beautiful collection!! Especially love the croc embossed!!

I totally get breaking down before 2014. I just bought a Kate Spade bag from the outlet (it was in the delete section) and got it for 76 (originally 398). I bought two other bags but returned them. I will do one last check at TJMaxx tmw (horrible runway store down the block from me calling me name) since massive clearance going on. Going to take a photo tomorrow to mentally note and keep my word on what I'm allowing myself to buy.

My shoe resolution is being rewritten to only allowing 1 good pair. Again, fell victim to the Tory burch sale (ordered 3) and found a Rebecca Minkoff pair on the Saks sales.

Hello! I would love to join this thread in 2014 and shop more in my own closet. During the past year, I periodically peeked in the previous thread and enjoyed seeing how supportive everyone was toward each other. Recently I made the decision to try and simplify my life and try to focus on more of the important things in life (family, friends, personal education and working on my existing relationships).

My goal in 2014 is to buy no more than 2 bags and 2 SLGs since none is not achievable for me. I also love the idea of creating an inventory of my bags on a spreadsheet. Thanks for sharing that idea and the tracking for cost per wear. It will be one of the first things I will do in 2014. I have no idea how many bags I own but I will find out after I create my spreadsheet. I don't think I have very many bags but I suspect the number will be bigger than I expect. My collection consists of Chanel, Coach, Celine, a few LVs, no name brands and other miscellaneous bags. I look forward to getting inspiration and support to keep things simple in 2014.

Happy New Year to all and may we all stay strong together!!
Welcome! Sounds like u have a beautiful collection, can't wait to see it :smile: what I also love about this thread is that people have been really good about giving reviews on their bags and it ends up being a good reference area for a huge variety of bags.

Nice haul. I can see why you broke down. The Coach Legacy is such a beautiful collection!! Especially love the croc embossed!!
Thanks! I've been using the wristlet everyday since. I hear how ppl use a smaller clutch or wristlet in a larger bag and just take it out for a short errand or something and I think I found mine! :smile:

I totally get breaking down before 2014. I just bought a Kate Spade bag from the outlet (it was in the delete section) and got it for 76 (originally 398). I bought two other bags but returned them. I will do one last check at TJMaxx tmw (horrible runway store down the block from me calling me name) since massive clearance going on. Going to take a photo tomorrow to mentally note and keep my word on what I'm allowing myself to buy.

My shoe resolution is being rewritten to only allowing 1 good pair. Again, fell victim to the Tory burch sale (ordered 3) and found a Rebecca Minkoff pair on the Saks sales.
I know how u feel! I went into a diff coach store to see what they had and I almost bought the red python wristlet because the gray croc embossed one has been working so well! Took all my will power to walk out of there. And the stupid thing is, I KNOW I'm going to check out another location tomorrow. Why do I do this to myself? I just love bags that much....what Kate spade bag did u get?? I love her stuff!

I just posted in the 2013 thread - so distraught over the many bags I purchased last year and haven't used. Maybe they seemed like good choices at that time and now, I feel like they were a waste if they are just sitting in my closet! Maybe they were too big, too awkward or too colorful- something was missing from that collection that I am now finding in other styles.

While it is the last bag I'll be wearing in 2013, it will also be the first bag I wear in 2014. Here's my current bag and wallet combo: my RM Navy Cupid and my Coach saffiano zip wallet in Dark Plume/Navy.

Attachments

• Cupid.jpg
    Cupid.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 350
eehlers, that bag is such a gorgeous colour!

I'm ringing in the new year tonight with my Bordeaux Madison Sophia! (Just a stock photo online, not near a camera)

Attachments

• 1388515562806.jpg
    1388515562806.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 326
I just posted in the 2013 thread - so distraught over the many bags I purchased last year and haven't used. Maybe they seemed like good choices at that time and now, I feel like they were a waste if they are just sitting in my closet! Maybe they were too big, too awkward or too colorful- something was missing from that collection that I am now finding in other styles.

What helped me was to write down what worked and didn't on the bags that I bought. Then take all your bags and put them on your bed in size order and in color order if possible and pull the ones that really don't work and either sell, donate or give away. What you will have left are ones that work for you or at least that you really like. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.