Noisy, squeaky Chains?

bellabags

O.G.
Apr 24, 2006
I recently purchased the black Jumbo Caviar Classic Flap. I really love this bag as Iam a recent flap convert. The only thing is the chains are so noisy - almost like squeaky. Is it the caviar with the chain combo the reason why it's so noisy? Has anyone else noticed this and does it bother you? I have the diamond stitch tote and I do not have the noisy chain issue. I assume it's because it is a softer leather? :shrugs:

Thanks for your feedback!

I agree with the noisy chains on the jumbo classic flap. However, I didn't wear it long enough to see if the noise faded or the leather got flexible. I wonder if, over time, will it stop being so squeaky? I returned mine. I know what you mean about the diamond stitch tote not being squeaky.

I have a near mint condition 3-series camera bag in beige caviar. It looks like it is in pristine condition! The chain looks new (shiny with no plating loss, leather looks new), however, when I handle the chain it squeaks a little...does anyone else have this problem? Is it a quick fix or would I have to have it replaced? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ladies and gents! :biggrin:

Even for a vintage bag? Well, that is good to know! It is beige which concerns me. I wonder if there is some sort of protector I can spray on it to prevent color transfer. Otherwise I will have to just live with the squeak because I tend to only use it on special occasions. I will take her out tomorrow if it is sunny! :smile: Thank you for the response!

Hello Chanel friends,
I have a very random question. I purchased two classic Jumbo caviar double flap bags from my Nordstrom Chanel Boutique this year. Black with GHW and Beige with GHW. ( I know, so psyched!!)
The black bag has the oddest noisy chain, kind of like a squeaky sound the patent bags made when carried. It's noticeably noisy. The gold bag doesn't have this issue. In fact, Ive had 2 people ask me what 'that sound' was.
:noggin::confused1::confused1:
Has anyone had this issue before? Its a little embarrassing to 'squeak' when Im carrying her!

Last edited:
There are threads on this if you do a search. I believe it'll go away with use? Congrats on your lovely new bags!! 😁

Thank you Anasa, Ive been doing some searches and can't quite seem to find the threads. I'll keep hunting. I'll just have to realize I can't sneak up on anyone when Im carrying the black one! :lol::lol:
Drives me crazy!
I do love the bags, I treated myself big time :P

Thank you Anasa, Ive been doing some searches and can't quite seem to find the threads. I'll keep hunting. I'll just have to realize I can't sneak up on anyone when Im carrying the black one! :lol::lol:
Drives me crazy!
I do love the bags, I treated myself big time :P
ok, I just found a lot of squeaker threads. seems like there are an awful lot of singing caviar bags out there. We should start a band. :tunes::party::rochard::drinkup:

One of my caviar flaps squeaked like that too. It is normal for caviar leather to do it and some people are OK with this sound. I was told that this noise will go away with use, but it did not even lessen after several months of use. I was very annoyed and embarrassed by that sound and I ended up selling this bag and getting a new one just like the one I sold that did not squeak. Now whenever I buy a caviar flap I make sure I get the bag where handles do not squeak.