J Crew ~aholics Thread!

Ordered the Jacquard-Stitch Fair Isle Sweater today :smile:

9h3sdy.jpg

Do not buy the women's smartphone wool gloves!!! They are the worst. they are supposed to be treated with something so you can use your phone without taking them off but they do not work at all. Also, they are completely pilled after one wearing.

So, does anyone have the Icon Trench in wool-cashmere? Thoughts?

I am tempted by the Cabernet because the color looks so rich and deep. I loved it on chloeconspiracy blog. :smile:

So, does anyone have the Icon Trench in wool-cashmere? Thoughts?

I am tempted by the Cabernet because the color looks so rich and deep. I loved it on chloeconspiracy blog. :smile:

I want this coat too!! However last time I checked cabernet was sold out! So sad. I keep checking Ebay for them.

In other news..I posted this in the Shoe Deals thread but thought it might help people out here too! I went hunting for those coveted J.Crew hummingbird Ettas on Ebay after seeing them at a sample sale. Didn't find my size but I thought I'd pass these links on because I know how popular they were!

size 9 http://www.ebay.com/itm/151189211200?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

size 9 http://www.ebay.com/itm/J-Crew-Coll...15638?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item3cd9a6a816

size 8 http://www.ebay.com/itm/J-Crew-Coll...12159?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item258642c2df

size 7.5 http://www.ebay.com/itm/JCREW-Hummi...03322?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item417a4652da

Hi all! Anyone have the cocoon coat? How does it fit/sizing? I want to order it online.

Also, how does their 00P run? I'm 5'4" so I'm on the border of petite and regular. I think the overall length will be fine, I'm just worried about sleeve length. thanks!!

Hi all! Anyone have the cocoon coat? How does it fit/sizing? I want to order it online.

Also, how does their 00P run? I'm 5'4" so I'm on the border of petite and regular. I think the overall length will be fine, I'm just worried about sleeve length. thanks!!

I have the cocoon coat in Regal Blue. Great rich color, very nice quality. I love it. I ordered 1 size down because the sales associate said that coat runs large. A size down from my usual size was perfect. HTH!

Does anyone know how often/likely JCrew restocks out of stock items?

I'm holding my breath waiting for the tall full-length wool Minnie pant to be restocked in black-some colours are showing up with sizes backordered but the black is completely gone in most sizes. I had preordered the T2 (due mid January), but panicked thinking it would be too small and cancelled it to order the T4. Of course, now that I've gotten the T2 and T4 in the cabernet colour....I know I need the T2. I'm holding on to the T4 in the black just in case, because I've been searching over a year for skinny full-length black pants and I don't want to lose out! I called CS and they didn't have a date in the system and can't confirm anything at this time.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how often/likely JCrew restocks out of stock items?

I'm holding my breath waiting for the tall full-length wool Minnie pant to be restocked in black-some colours are showing up with sizes backordered but the black is completely gone in most sizes. I had preordered the T2 (due mid January), but panicked thinking it would be too small and cancelled it to order the T4. Of course, now that I've gotten the T2 and T4 in the cabernet colour....I know I need the T2. I'm holding on to the T4 in the black just in case, because I've been searching over a year for skinny full-length black pants and I don't want to lose out! I called CS and they didn't have a date in the system and can't confirm anything at this time.

stock is replenished and refreshed (as applicable) every morning at 7am per their CS online. New sizes previously out of stock go up primarily on Sat mornings and major reductions in price occur Tues nights at midnight.

Does anyone have any experience with J. Crew backorders? I ordered the Tortoise Clutch but it says it is backordered until Feb 19! However, when it was in my cart and I paid for it, it said it was "In Stock." This seems strange, but I'm going to assume backordered until it actually gets here. But does J. Crew charge when the item ships, or up front on backordered items?

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience with J. Crew backorders? I ordered the Tortoise Clutch but it says it is backordered until Feb 19! However, when it was in my cart and I paid for it, it said it was "In Stock." This seems strange, but I'm going to assume backordered until it actually gets here. But does J. Crew charge when the item ships, or up front on backordered items?

They charge when the items ship. Sometimes before the quoted date.

I ordered a sweater and it ended up being in stock about 3 weeks prior to their estimated release date.