Two Sizes of "Baby" Cabas

okapi

Aug 27, 2006
Just realized that there are actually 2 sizes of cabas with the stitched bottom! I thought I would share it here, in case anyone else is also not aware. :P

I think the smaller one is what we have been seeing in the Coco Cabas reference thread, while there is a larger one with braided straps instead of just chain with interwoven leather. I have attached a pic of the bigger bag sent to me by my SA and you can also see the strap in details in this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-CHANE...8QQihZ011QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For those of you who are looking for the larger Coco cabas and can't find one, perhaps you can consider this instead. If I remembered correctly, it retails for USD1925 and according to my SA, the waiting list is much much shorter.

DSC00708.JPG

Yah, my SA said she also did not know that there's a larger size until their store received it. I'm trying to find out the measurements of the bigger one from her.

Btw, I also noticed that the braided straps are already found on the metallic baby cabas, like the bronze (khaki) and dark silver ones that we have seen so far.

wowwww... i didn't know that :wtf:

it's pretty!
chanelchampaign1.jpg

chanelchampaign2.jpg

chanelchampaign4.jpg

A couple of weeks ago my SA told me that the original large size leather cabas bags that were coming back in now, for S/S, will not be plain leather with the CC's anymore. Instead, they will have diamond stitching at the bottom like the "baby" does.

I don't know... I have the khaki Cabas pictured with the braided chain straps which was $1795. The one in the photo auction doesn't look any bigger than mine.