My dog is eating her blanket...advice

LoveMyMarc

♥'s MJ, RM, & LV
Jul 6, 2008
My dog is eating her blanket and it's showing up in her stool. I have put stuff in her cage to keep her occupied, but it doesn't help much and I don't want her choking on that. I have been looking up "chew proof" beds, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with their dog and what you did to take care of the problem.

Thanks!! :smile:

Sorry. Had to ask. Just trying to help. Gotta' eliminate all possibilities.

Has she had a dental check up lately?

(oh and I hope you have taken the blanket away)

Yes, I have taken the blanket away. I feel bad for her not having one though...

She just had a check up and everything was normal besides her feet (that's another story).

Last edited:
Maybe something smelled good on the blanket.

When you said you put stuff in her "cage" do you mean she is kept in a cage for long periods of time? If so, she may be chewing the blanket from stress. Dogs need lots of exercise and ways to burn off energy so chewing the blanket may have been a way of releasing that energy if she was in a cage.

Yes, I have taken the blanket away. I feel bad for her not having one though...

She just had a check up and everything was normal besides her feet (that's another story).

Don't feel too bad,:smile: they really don't need it, and the alternative to not taking away could lead to a fatal outcome.
My vet displays a video in his waiting room of a surgery he did to remove a sock from a dog's intestine. You're lucky the pieces are moving out without any problems because an intestinal blockage is painful for the dog and expensive for the dog owner.

Don't feel too bad,:smile: they really don't need it, and the alternative to not taking away could lead to a fatal outcome.
My vet displays a video in his waiting room of a surgery he did to remove a sock from a dog's intestine. You're lucky the pieces are moving out without any problems because an intestinal blockage is painful for the dog and expensive for the dog owner.
Yes, I am glad that they're passing. I want to avoid a vet visit if I can.

I ordered the bed that is chew proof...hopefully that works!