Accepted 2nd chance offer, now seller says other person paid?

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
I accepted a 2nd chance offer from a seller yesterday and I was so happy about it because I really wanted the item. Today she emailed me and said sorry, the person who initially won the auction finally paid and she would not be completing the transaction with me. Of course she must have done this because the other person's bid was higher.

I cannot file a complaint with PP because I haven't paid for the item yet. Do I have any recourse besides leaving her negative FB, which I am reluctant to do because I don't want her to retaliate?

I say, count yourself lucky that you didn't get involved with this seller financially and avoid her like the plague in the future. I never respond to 2nd chance offers because I'm too afraid they're scams!

I send second chance offers if I have more than one of the item or if the first person fails to pay. Had I been the seller in this situation, I would have told the first person that they were too late and that it had been offered to someone else. Next time, maybe they should pay promptly.

I send second chance offers if I have more than one of the item or if the first person fails to pay. Had I been the seller in this situation, I would have told the first person that they were too late and that it had been offered to someone else. Next time, maybe they should pay promptly.
I agree with this post. The seller should have told the winner she already is in the process of a transaction with the second offer. I would also leave negative.

The seller should have told the winner she already is in the process of a transaction with the second offer. I would also leave negative.

I'm very tempted to leave a negative, but I worry too much about retaliation. I will see what eBay has to say about the situation (if anything at all).

I am sure that the only reason she took the first person's money is because the bid was $30 higher than mine.

I'm very tempted to leave a negative, but I worry too much about retaliation. I will see what eBay has to say about the situation (if anything at all).

I am sure that the only reason she took the first person's money is because the bid was $30 higher than mine.

Lori,
I agree that she probably received more money. Even if you have 100% IMO it is worth it to neg her. You can always respond to her neg and state it as retaliation. I would probably email her as well. Very frustrating:sad:

good that you reported her. I don't think a buyer is allowed to "withdraw" a second chance offer. by offering a second chance offer, she is no longer in contract with the original winner, so even if the winner paid after her second chance offer, it's no longer a legitimate sale.

After I reported her, I emailed her and told her that she is obligated to complete the transaction with me as per eBay rules. As expected, she has not responded. I'm waiting to see what eBay says about it. I already got an automated response from them and here's what they have to say:

Thank you for taking the time to write to eBay's Safe Harbor department. A non-selling seller is a serious offense and we will investigate your report as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.

Well, we'll see what they have to say about it.

After I reported her, I emailed her and told her that she is obligated to complete the transaction with me as per eBay rules. As expected, she has not responded. I'm waiting to see what eBay says about it. I already got an automated response from them and here's what they have to say:

Thank you for taking the time to write to eBay's Safe Harbor department. A non-selling seller is a serious offense and we will investigate your report as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.

Well, we'll see what they have to say about it.

Keep us updated, I am curious.

I think her problem is she gave you the second chance offer before she went through the necessary steps of reporting the other person as a NPB and getting that straightened out. So now she is actually in contract with the both of you, and she only has one item. It's her own fault, though.