Gucci doesn't authenticate their items?

do you guys know where can i go to to get authentication? : ( i think i bought a fake wallet.. i need someone to help so i can get a refund!
thanks so much!

I don't think there is actually a place you can take it into. I suggest you post pictures in authenticate this Gucci. And I am sure someone there can help you out.

i just had an evil moment....so ive never done this nor have i bought any gucci item anywhere else but the store...BUT

technically...you can say part of your bag/wallet isnt working correctly (ie zipper) and say you want to have it fixed...if its REAL they will be glad to fix it for you, but if its FAKE, they will be like no we cant do that!

muhuahahahahaha!!!

i heard gucci SA usually don't do authentications. is that true girls?

Why should they? Why would they support the purchasing of goods from unofficial sources, that would take away from their business. As far as their concerned, if you didnt buy your gucci from the Neiman, Saks, BG's or directly from the boutique you can go screw yourself (not you personally). Besides, its not their job to that anyways.

I have to say I see Love2travel's point. It takes away from their business. I used to work at Coach and the only reason we would have to know fake from real is when people would do returns. We would get people returning fakes. Unfortunately, I accepted a fake as a return (unknowlingly, before I knew any better). If I worked there now and anyone ever asked me, I would give them my unofficial opinion.

If I were an SA... I'd open my own authenticate business and make loads of cash :graucho:

But seriously, I'd do it for a nice *potential* customer, then give her my card so she can look for me next time when she's ready to buy. I will also call her up when the sales starts!