Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday finds:
Leopard print jeans that fit perfectly
A really cute Barney's New York Straw bag

Yesterday we went to a Yard Sale where a woman, who had been the Manager at Strouds (Like Bed Bath & Beyond), had collected boxes of bedding, all still in the package. Lots Made in Italy & France. I have NEVER seen that before at a yard Sale. I got a Queen top sheet with a $110 tag for $3. There was some really pretty stuff, but not my colors.

Attachments

• DSCN8342.JPG
    DSCN8342.JPG
    396.6 KB · Views: 369
  • straw bag.jpg
    straw bag.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 365
  • DSCN8343.jpg
    DSCN8343.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 360
My purse forum app is gone...I can't post pics.

But wanted to share my finds from this weekend. Similar to our cvs masters I've been collecting free stuff from Kohls this weekend. Found a $10 off coupon of $10 or more purchase. It comes in stack of "junk mail" flyers and all my neighbors tossed theirs in our recycle bin. So I grabbed about 6 of them

I circled store to find closest combination to $10..I paid about 50 cents each for tax
I ended up with
3 bottes of Essie polish
6 washclothes (I refuse to spend $13 on a washcloth)
2 candles
Box of hotwheels
Hand lotion
Shower gel

I wish I had grabbed more from the trash

Ah...so many great finds ladies!! Hermes scarf, $10 shoes, LV bags...love them all!!! I would multi quote but I just had to catch up on a bunch of pages and can't remember it all lol. No thrifting for me lately. Saving up for a car with an occasional poshmark purchase :/

My BF and I got into an accident on Tuesday that totaled his car (the car we were planning on keeping!!). We are ok, but needless to say its good we have a car on order. Most idiotic accident ever and goes to show that some people really shouldn't have licenses! Oh well. At least we are getting a nice big truck so next time maybe it won't be so bad!

Oh no! :sad: I'm glad you're okay.

Sunday finds:

Yesterday we went to a Yard Sale where a woman, who had been the Manager at Strouds (Like Bed Bath & Beyond), had collected boxes of bedding, all still in the package. Lots Made in Italy & France. I have NEVER seen that before at a yard Sale. I got a Queen top sheet with a $110 tag for $3. There was some really pretty stuff, but not my colors.

Those jeans are so cute!

I'm not going to move for the rest of the day. Safer that way.

I went to Sunday Morning thrift and found absolutely nothing for the Hubs and $7 worth of stuff for me. Some of what I found went to the denim graveyard in the basement immediately. I need to start on that project soon.

I had my coupons STOLEN by (probably) the delivery person (who is new) or someone associated ... so I have had to talk to the LA Times twice today. All the inserts are controlled by the delivery person and none of the P&G's were in the 5 copies of the paper I get.

Also no P&G at any of the same stores that he delivers to. So bad. Still don't have my coupons. *mean coupon face!!* I was all POSTAL this morning. Maybe it is something in the air?

They started selling the P&G inserts online for hella-money on eBay and such .... someone is buying my coupons! BOO! The inserts are worth more than the paper itself so I guess someone decided to make some money.

I went to a yard sale where I was looking thru CD's and half had no CD's then a dog came over and decided my crotch was vvvvv nice to try to nose ... and while that was happening I asked how much for the CD's and the lady looked at me and said "Three Fifty each."

LOL!! So I left.

Bad mood Lazlo will return with pictures ...

But wanted to share my finds from this weekend. Similar to our cvs masters I've been collecting free stuff from Kohls this weekend. Found a $10 off coupon of $10 or more purchase. It comes in stack of "junk mail" flyers and all my neighbors tossed theirs in our recycle bin. So I grabbed about 6 of them

I circled store to find closest combination to $10..I paid about 50 cents each for tax
I ended up with
3 bottes of Essie polish
2 candles
Box of hotwheels
Hand lotion
Shower gel

I'm so proud of you!! GOOD JOB!

Next time you will take more and it will be an even bigger score! Makes me happy. What color Essie did you get? Love Essie!

Sunday finds:

Freakin' adorable!

Love a nice made in Italy and France yard sale with great pricing!

That's it, I had three people bid on items and not pay. How do I make them pay for what they've done? In the past, I've blocked them. I think that is the most hateful thing to do. If you don't want it, don't bid or at least tell me. I can deal with that better than just waiting.

You set up a non-paying bidder automatic thingie like the girls have mentioned. Way better than just a blocking. And ... automatic! Sometimes that makes them pay. It might just be a small unlucky streak. Still ... it sucketh!

No coupons for them!

Ah...so many great finds ladies!! Hermes scarf, $10 shoes, LV bags...love them all!!! I would multi quote but I just had to catch up on a bunch of pages and can't remember it all lol. No thrifting for me lately. Saving up for a car with an occasional poshmark purchase :/

My BF and I got into an accident on Tuesday that totaled his car (the car we were planning on keeping!!). We are ok, but needless to say its good we have a car on order. Most idiotic accident ever and goes to show that some people really shouldn't have licenses! Oh well. At least we are getting a nice big truck so next time maybe it won't be so bad!

Oh Hun how scary I'm glad you're both ok!

Sunday finds:

Love your finds, cute bag and jeans :smile:

Sunday finds:

Pretty bag and pants!

I ended up with
3 bottes of Essie polish
2 candles
Box of hotwheels
Hand lotion
Shower gel

Woo hoo bargain shopper!

A bit of $1 (mainly) Sunday Morning thrift?

Cardigan with Roses and Beads by Alberto Magali

$1

Banana Republic pencil Skirt

Ann Taylor Skirt and Express wool wrap skirt

Sol Clothing Skirt ... this one reminds me of the Free People skirt I want ... But this was $1 and infinitely less ... OTT ...

Made in India. I looked at their website and I want every single one of their skirts ...

Jewelry box ... made of elabotae shells made into flowers ... I had to have it although it looked as if it lived in a garage open to the dirt for at least 20 years. It was also $4.50 ... CRAZY but I had to have it.

I cleaned it with a very soft old toothbrush but I need to do a tiny bit more cleaning on it. I also left it in the sun after I washed it very carefully and it seemed to get whiter.

Delicate as heck ...

Side

Yellow Velvet-y Goodness

Hello Gorgeous!

Aquascutum ... this one is mine! Success! I have found two trenches for The Hubs ... including that last one which I would have LOVED to have ... so divine

Under the collar construction is amazing ... how to tell if a garment is beautifully made.
Hand done work there

http://s397.photobucket.com/user/Bl...ding/ABadFairy/ABadFairy001/IMG_7208.jpg.html

Every check matches

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Look at these buttons ...

In hoc scuto fidemus

In this shield we trust ... Latin I think .... amammamazzzinnggggg

$1

And finally Yanuk ... cause who doesn't like Yanuk?

These had a huge bunch of coffee stains down the front of them which So I Love (aka Soilove) took out in about one minute ...

You can take risks like that when you're paying $1 ...

....not a risk I would have liked at $8 ... cause I'm WIllie Nelson Educated and know when to walk away ...

Found a Fendi scarf for $2 and a Carolina Herrera polka dot scarf.
http://
That's a pretty Fendi scarf. Great find!
The ebay non payers.... Urgh. I usually send a reminder invoice and if they don't pay relist the item and let ebay deal with the rest. You should open a case before you relist though. I had someone pay after 2 weeks of no communication (!!!). I had relisted the item and had bidders but I had to cancel it and ship it to her. All because I didn't open a case.
I find that even with all the ebay frustrations it's still better than consignment.
Sunday finds:

Looking good! Oh and so nice to find European linens for so cheap. Local GW charges $50+ for a new Target sheet set. lol

I ended up with
3 bottes of Essie polish
2 candles
Box of hotwheels
Hand lotion
Shower gel

Oh how I miss the free $10 from Kohls!! Haven't gotten one in the mail in a while! Great scores :smile:

Side

Yellow Velvet-y Goodness

Hello Gorgeous!

Aquascutum ... this one is mine! Success! I have found two trenches for The Hubs ... including that last one which I would have LOVED to have ... so divine

Under the collar construction is amazing ... how to tell if a garment is beautifully made.
Hand done work there

Every check matches

Look at these buttons ...

In hoc scuto fidemus

In this shield we trust ... Latin I think .... amammamazzzinnggggg

$1

These had a huge bunch of coffee stains down the front of them which So I Love (aka Soilove) took out in about one minute ...

....not a risk I would have liked at $8 ... cause I'm WIllie Nelson Educated and know when to walk away ...
THat blazer is a work of art Laz. Such detail & construction. Still can not believe you pay $1 for this stuff. You must have the cheapest thrift on the thread.
Nice dainty jewelery case, will go well in your girlie room.

:cursing: at the mean coupon people. Don't they know you need your nail polish fix?

Sunday finds:

Great bag!

Great finds as usual, Yanuk denim is so soft and yummy ...gotta love the So I Love :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.