My Birthday Shoes! And becoming a "shoe person."

wordbox

so in love!
O.G.
Feb 26, 2007
Okay, so I'll start this by saying that I never considered myself a "shoe person." I'm not one of those women who has a ton of shoes for any and every occasion, and it used to amuse me that others were so into them.

Then I saw a pair of shoes that made me totally rethink all of that! They were out of my price range (you know how people think many of us are crazy for spending more than $30 on a purse? that's how I felt about shoes), but boy oh boy, did I ever want them. But heels? Ha! I never wear them. How crazy to want them so much.

I decided to ask for them for my birthday (always a great time to get something you wouldn't buy for yourself), but I didn't think my parents were going to get them because I thought they got me something else. But yesterday we had my early birthday celebration, and I got them! They are so pretty and they fit perfectly and I love them. As my sister said, "We all need that pair of shoes that makes you feel like a million bucks."

I still won't spend a lot of money on shoes, but I'm taking a lot more notice of them now, and find myself browsing shoes and wanting more of them. Like the handbag desire wasn't enough?

Anyhow, the shoes are by Arturo Chiang. I like them because they'll look great even with jeans (I don't dress up very often, so I wanted something I could wear anytime). Here's a stock photo of them:

arturochiang.jpg

:love:

Congratulations on your new beautiful shoes!!!!

P.S: I started with only a handbag obssession too...then I started getting interested in shoes to MATCH my handbags, lol.... now I have a rack of pretty designer shoes (and before all this I never paid more than $20 for a pair)

I still won't spend a lot of money on shoes, but I'm taking a lot more notice of them now, and find myself browsing shoes and wanting more of them.

It's a slippery slope, I tell ya! Over the years, that upper limit just keeps creeping up... :shrugs: There was a time when I thought spending more then $50 on shoes was ridiculous. Then, it was $100. Then, it was $150...

Somewhere along the way, I stopped feeling guilty about the shoe budget, because I tell myself there are worst things I can do with my $, and so long as I'm not being irresponsible or going into debt for my purchase, I should get some completely selfish happiness out of my paycheck besides the knowledge that I pay my own bills.

And, when a particular shoe has a pricetag that's a bit high, I convince myself it's due to inflation, not overpricing. :P :graucho: :rolleyes: :sweatdrop:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, I can just see how my thinking will start to change the way it did for handbags. I've always been a purse-gal, but used to be pretty cheap about it. I now have a whole different view of what "a great deal" is, haha.