Read a Good Book Lately?

claudette2

Jan 28, 2007
Post your book recommendations here!!

I've been reading food memoirs lately. I recommend the writing of Ruth Reichle: "Comfort me with Apples", "Tender at the Bone", and "Garlic and Sapphires" were all wonderful and entertaining, especially if you enjoy food.

I've also been reading a few books about relationships and communication. I recommend: "Mapping the Terrain of the Human Heart". It is an academic read, but very insightful about how our past experiences shape our personal relationships as adults.

Share the titles of good bookes you have read lately - I'm always keen for a recommendation! Thanks in advance :smile:

I recently discovered the extremely funny and efficiently sarcastic writing of David Sedaris.

His book, "Me Talk Pretty One Day" has made me laugh out loud this past week -- I can't really recall the last time a book made me laugh out loud.

I've been reading a lot of Frank Peretti, his books are very exciting. Alternating with Marian Keye's searing romances. Her "Under the Duvet" is one of my favorites.

I'm reading the Harry Potter books again to refresh my memory for when the new one comes out in July, I'm so excited!!
Also reading 'How To Walk In High Heels', light reading, but quite informative!

I just finished reading "Perfume: The story of a murder" by Patrick Suskind (and then watched the movie -- as always the book is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better), "For one more day" by Mitch Albom (which I liked and swore to myself that I would be good to my mom for about 3 min. :smile:), and am about to start "Heat" by Bill Buford. Has anyone read it yet? Is it as good as the reviews say it is?

I just read two Holocaust memoirs: All But My Life, by Gerda Weissmann Klein, and Night, by Elie Wiesel. Hard to read, but well written and also important.

I've been reading a lot of Frank Peretti, his books are very exciting. Alternating with Marian Keye's searing romances. Her "Under the Duvet" is one of my favorites.
I enjoy Frank Peritti's books a lot.

And on the other end of that genre spectrum...I haven't read a good smutty book since I was sneaking them from my parents in h.s. Anyone have some good suggestions? (I know...:blush: but I'm in the mood for one! One smutty novel won't make my brain fry, I don't think!);)