AT THE END OF A CHANEL STORM, THERE'S ALWAYS A RAINBOW..... teehee!

Claudia

formerly Purse-onality
Nov 10, 2006
Well, here's what happened re: the jumbo white "older" classic flap with the black "Chanels" written all over it and the gold h/w that I bid on last night on ebay after having deen it on a customer at the store and falling in love (with the purse, not the customer - although she was a doll :P ) I lost the auction, but after thinking about it all night, realized that actually the main reason I wanted it and bid on it was because of the incredible coincidence of having seen it for auction right after seeing it IRL. So today I stroll into NM on my break and lo and behold, there is sitting a jumbo classic caviar flap with gold h/w, for the OLD PRICE of $1695. I have been thinking for some time now that I am really, in all honestly, chronically hesitant to use my white caviar flap......because of its whiteness. And I really cannot justify spending so much $ on a bag to have to be careful with it (unless its a little evening bag). They said they would switch it for me (because they knew about the color transfer thing that happened and i am an excellent customer :P - anyway bag has all tags, cards, box, dust jacket, etc) but when scanning it, it rang up the new price of $2250 before tax. That would be, for me, a dealbreaker. But to make a long story shorter, they will after all, honor the original price because that's what the price tag did say. so it would be an even exchange and with the black I can forget about having to baby it................
interesting how things happen.......:yahoo:

should i exchange it though? the white is stunning and rich but i am hesitant to carry it??!!

thanks, love you guys

Claudia

I say keep the white and buy the black too since at that price it's a bargain. If you can't swing both, then I would exhange the white for sure. You might as well have a bag you can use and enjoy instead of something you are afraid to carry!

Good luck with your decision--

Another twist of fate...ITA with everyone else's comments, it would be a shame to have such a lovely bag and not use it very much. The black with gold is simply beautiful!! :yes:

In my opinion, the jumbo black classic flap in caviar = THE perfect bag. The size is practical, the caviar leather is durable, the color goes with everything and isn't difficult to care for, AND it's a gorgeous, classic bag! I love mine--can you tell?

I love a lot of other bags too, but this one is just a really great choice. You will use it a lot for years and years!