Do I select anonymous bidders or not?

Porro

Jul 28, 2006
I'm listing 2 Balenciagas and am unsure about the anonymous bidder choice. When you guys bid on bags, does the fact that people can see your ebay ID matter to you? I am undecided. Thanks!

Thanks! I did not know it makes them anonymous depending on the price. Good to know!
You are welcome & it is a relatively new feature.
I think a lot of scammers used to contact bidders and offer them the same items & get their id for phony second chance offers.
By the way you will still be able to see who's bidding.

I mostly buy and sell handbags since I'm an addict...
I always make my bidders anonymous and I prefer to be an anonymous bidder on seller's auctions. Why? I buy high dollar items and I like the privacy of not having everyone and their mother knowing what I purchase, from whom how often and for how much. Sellers that have private bidding don't scare me away at all.

I agree with BellaFiore! Anonimous is good!
(Private listing is even beter! That way I don't have to be paranoid about my relatives/friends finding out my Ebay id and disowning me :graucho: .)

When I remember I select private for my auctions this is for two reasons:
1. Some Buyers like to remain anonymous from friends, family & even other ebayers.
2. It stops other sellers emailing your buyers to try to sell them the item cheaper or spamming them
A lot of these problems have been sorted now by the bidder 1,2,3. so if I forget to put private now it doesn't bother me.

Now someone with private feedback really bothers me!

As a buyer I love private listings! Before I had a lot of experience on ebay, I avoided them simply because I thought "private anything on ebay = bad". But when a seller put in the auction *why* she makes her auction private (to protect buyers from other sellers), I understood and now I am all for it.

You are welcome & it is a relatively new feature.
I think a lot of scammers used to contact bidders and offer them the same items & get their id for phony second chance offers.
By the way you will still be able to see who's bidding.

Food for thought. This has happened to me when I have bid on items.

I do agree with others that it makes me suspicious of sniping.