Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1376385724.335789.jpg
Hi, I can't tell you about the Tiffany atlas cuff, but I can tell you about my stack.
My wrist is 14cm on top of bone. I have small bone and small wrists. I got my 4
Diamond YG bracelet size 17 for 2 reasons. First I have accumulated about 8 clics PM 7 are Gold toned. These clics in size Pm are shaped like the love and I think measure 17 cm exactly. So they pair perfectly with a 17 love bracelet. I also have 3 thin diamond bangles that are Meant to be opened but I slide them on and off and are also size 17.
I also can squeeze the 17 off my smallish hand. But... That being said the 17 by itself on my wrist moves a lot and kinda hangs down my wrist area of my right hand and well gets a little annoying. I am right handed. I can't wear it on my Left hand above my watch because it kinda slides over my watch. I am very happy I got it in 17 for the reasons I gave, but I am saving up to get a plain YG in 16 so that I can wear it maybe on my left wrist behind my watch or maybe right hand alone. I'm afraid my h clics will slide over the 16 and scratch it. So sorry such a long explanation. Just wanted to help:smile: I have yet to see someone actually say they wear 2 different size loves together and that they are comfortable and scratch resistant.

I bought the WG 4-diamond Love to wear on my left hand, but my BIG wrist bone is problem. The bracelet goes over the bone freely, but I feel it!!! I thought I was going to sell my 4-diamond Love, but the prices offered by the consignment shops were TOO LOW. On second thought, I've decided to wear it on my right wrist more snugly. I think I can wear it 24/7 again.:P

Man jewelry stores and the likes are really low balling- they didn't even offer 50% on my victoria!

I purchased an ultrasonic jewelry cleanser from AMAZON, for about $40 (there are so many out there). I mix BLITZ cleansing solution with water, press the button, viola!
I rarely clean my Cartier bracelet, such a hassle to take it off. But the other day when I did cleaned it, I saw a different.
I clean everything in it, diamonds/silver/watches...etc. No pearls though. :sunnies

I had lunch w/ my gf today and she told me that Cartier now has a silver Love bracelet for about $1500, is that true? I never knew Cartier even have a silver jewelry line.

You may want to check with your local boutique to make sure your friend is correct. The only white metals the Love bracelet has ever been offered in are white gold and platinum. The website does not show any silver Love bracelets. There are lots of fakes out there that are made of silver and other metals. "Good fakes/copies" will even have a "Cartier signature" and serial number on the inside to look like a real one. I wonder if your friend saw a fake/copy in silver?

The new screws stay attached when open I believe from looking at the pictures. The old screws are removable. I have read some blogs about problems with new screw system when it breaks not being repairable. Yikes!!!!

Thanks for the clarification!
My 16 is the new screw system.
OMG, how did one manage to break the screw?? Not being able to repair sucks further, I must be careful with the screws then!

Thank you so much for your advice.

I like windex for diamonds and stones but not sure how much it actually shines for the gold bangle the best cleaning i've done for my cartier love and clou is the gold cleaning and polish cloths I got from amazon. You don't even have to take it off your arm just rub against the bracelet and it restores shine

You may want to check with your local boutique to make sure your friend is correct. The only white metals the Love bracelet has ever been offered in are white gold and platinum. The website does not show any silver Love bracelets. There are lots of fakes out there that are made of silver and other metals. "Good fakes/copies" will even have a "Cartier signature" and serial number on the inside to look like a real one. I wonder if your friend saw a fake/copy in silver?

I always knew there was platinum and white gold but never heard of the love bracelet made in sterling silver. She said her friend told her about it. And like her, all her friends are into high end jewelry and handbags, and I just thought I was behind on the news and they should know more. They may very well be mistaken. But I had to come on here and find out for sure myself haha.

Hi telesbrize!!!:hugs: If you have a big bone wrist like mine, you must be very very careful about the size!!! I wear my size 17 Love loosely on my left hand, but it is not loose around the bone area (and it moves a a lot because I wear it loosely!!!). I should have bouht size 18....

My right arm is bigger than the left. When I wear the size 17 on my right wrist, it tends to stay either side of the wrist bone.;) I push it up and it normally stays there, where it is much less likely to get scratched, copared to the wrist area.

Good luck!!!

Thanks :smile:. I'm between sizes and was thinking of sizing up. My right size is larger than my left, too. I need a size larger ring on every finger. I appreciate the advice!

I always knew there was platinum and white gold but never heard of the love bracelet made in sterling silver. She said her friend told her about it. And like her, all her friends are into high end jewelry and handbags, and I just thought I was behind on the news and they should know more. They may very well be mistaken. But I had to come on here and find out for sure myself haha.

I suspect your friend's friend was probably mistaken, or saw a "Very good copy." Cartier makes a lot of money with LOVE bracelets. I believe the figure I saw about 4-5 years ago was something like $35 Million per year. Cartier offers a hand full of things in sterling silver(cufflinks, lighters, baby rattles), but I can't imagine them releasing the Love bracelet in sterling silver. Its always been made of gold or platinum.

I doubt Cartier would do one in sterling as it might make people say why spend for it in white gold or platinum. Sure it would allow them to sell in greater volume, but that may take away from the perceived exclusivity of the brand. I know some people that stopped buying Tiffany products when they went crazy offering sterling silver products in the 1990s. They felt it diluted the brand, and what was the point of having things that high school kids in fancy neighborhoods are wearing.

View attachment 2293350
Hi, I can't tell you about the Tiffany atlas cuff, but I can tell you about my stack.
My wrist is 14cm on top of bone. I have small bone and small wrists. I got my 4
Diamond YG bracelet size 17 for 2 reasons. First I have accumulated about 8 clics PM 7 are Gold toned. These clics in size Pm are shaped like the love and I think measure 17 cm exactly. So they pair perfectly with a 17 love bracelet. I also have 3 thin diamond bangles that are Meant to be opened but I slide them on and off and are also size 17.
I also can squeeze the 17 off my smallish hand. But... That being said the 17 by itself on my wrist moves a lot and kinda hangs down my wrist area of my right hand and well gets a little annoying. I am right handed. I can't wear it on my Left hand above my watch because it kinda slides over my watch. I am very happy I got it in 17 for the reasons I gave, but I am saving up to get a plain YG in 16 so that I can wear it maybe on my left wrist behind my watch or maybe right hand alone. I'm afraid my h clics will slide over the 16 and scratch it. So sorry such a long explanation. Just wanted to help:smile: I have yet to see someone actually say they wear 2 different size loves together and that they are comfortable and scratch resistant.

You're right about 17cm love and pm clic clac having the same width coz the 16cm is kinda small a bit but doesn't go inside the clic clac. I only considered love at first and thought only of the clic clac later. If I had the clic clac first then I would have gotten the 17 cm love. But still works for me.

Hi Everyone! Just discovered this blog site. Loved reading the earlier posts from 2007 and 2008. Got to page 45!!!!! I was very caught up in the drama of phillyfan and can't wait to find out if she is still on this site and if she ever got her love bangle in yellow gold!!!!

I have a question for anyone here. I am trying to decide between the yellow gold with half diamonds and the platinum. I have a platinum band engagement ring with my solitaire diamond. Also as a clear winter (for those of you who follow the 12 color combos) I can wear silver and gold as the bridge between winter and spring. I recently bought a cartier tank louis and changed the leather band to black and added a deployment clasp. I'm wondering what you guys think about adding a yg half diamond on other wrist versus a platinum which I can only seem to find on ebay I don't see it on the website anymore. Thanks for letting me join in!

I only had white gold and platinum jewelry before I bought my YG 4-diamond love. I fell in LOVE with the YG and despite wearing a platinum and diamond ER, I have never regretted it! I love them together and would do it again if I had to make the choice again.