Chanel Pre-Fall 2013!

I totally agree about the Reverso...but I just love that grey color so I may still take the plunge on the medium reverso. That said, did you see the ombré Boy? What did you think of it? I kinda liked it....and it is more structured...

I did not see an ombre Boy and don't even recall seeing pics of one. Do you have a photo? It appeared that all of the Act 2 Boys were soft , and unstructured.

Just got back! I was able to see Boy Enchained and Boy Brick and Boy Reverso. Boy Brick is my favorite of the bunch. I saw the larger size in blue for $4700. It is a great crossbody bag! It is lambskin with a quilted back pocket. The interior is fabric lined. The front has a plexiglass plate with large silver CCs and silver squares. This is the lamb version of the Lego clutches. It is perfect crossbody length and the capacity is probably slightly larger than a mini. It is rectangular in shape. NM ordered blue, dark red, and ivory I believe. There are also little cubes with CCs on them interspersed throughout the chain. Great little details! It is a bit heavy though due to the hardware and plate on the front of the bag.

I also saw the Boy Enchained in both large and Jumbo and calfskin and tweed. The large in calfskin is not too heavy, but the tweed version is heavier and bulkier and the Jumbo version is definitely heavy with the chains. It is a great bag! It has a very rocker chic vibe to it so it is not necessarily for every day or every outfit but I love the look. It is fabric lined. The interior has one large center pocket and also very slim sections at the front and back of the center pocket that could be used for a phone or receipts or other small items. It is almost like the Chanel 3 in that there are three interior sections all of the same height, but the middle section is large and the front and back are very thin. I hope that makes sense. It is hard to describe. Of course, no outside back pocket. I wish the Boys had an outside back pocket!

I also saw the Boy Reverso and Boy Gentle. IMO the downside of all of these new softer Boys, including the Boy Enchained, is that they will lose their shape over time. The tops of the bags already sort of dip in the center from the weight and pulling of the chains and this is even on the Gentle and Reverso. I don't think it is as noticeable on the Boy Enchained because of the chains, but it is super noticeable on the Boy Reverso. So I think I have ruled out the Boy Reverso for that reason. I will probably get the Boy Brick in either blue or dark red and the Boy Enchained in the large size in calfskin.

I also saw a nice Navy Caviar Reissue 227 with GHW. I love the GHW but still don't know how I feel about Reissues in caviar. I prefer the distressed calf. Also, this shade of navy is almost identical to a navy Jumbo I bought a few seasons ago.

There were other collections there but I did not try them as I was most interested in Boys and Reissues.

There is also a Boy Brick cuff coming in strass which I put myself down for and some chain bracelets that look nice. I was able to try the Boy Brick cuff in tweed and it is really cool! It was shown on the runway.

That is all I can remember! I hope it is helpful!
Hi G&Smommy... Thanks a lot for your detailed update.. Seems like I can skip the boy reverso already:smile: good for my pocket;)

Hi G&Smommy... Thanks a lot for your detailed update.. Seems like I can skip the boy reverso already:smile: good for my pocket;)

No problem! Definitely check out the Reverso when it arrives, but I do think these bags will lose shape over time. They are really the complete opposite of the current Boys which are super structured. It all depends on personal preference and whether you like a more slouchy bag.

No problem! Definitely check out the Reverso when it arrives, but I do think these bags will lose shape over time. They are really the complete opposite of the current Boys which are super structured. It all depends on personal preference and whether you like a more slouchy bag.
Thanks:smile: like u said I will be bothered if the top dip in:sad: I like the current boy styles.. Still considering whether I should get the double stitches boy in dark red? Saw you bought the green one:smile: I already have a lambi medium black n small bronzed calf black boy.. How do u like your double stitches boy so far?

Thanks:smile: like u said I will be bothered if the top dip in:sad: I like the current boy styles.. Still considering whether I should get the double stitches boy in dark red? Saw you bought the green one:smile: I already have a lambi medium black n small bronzed calf black boy.. How do u like your double stitches boy so far?

I haven't used it yet but I love the look! Congrats on your growing Boy family! They are great bags! After today, I have to say that I prefer the more structured Boys.

I haven't used it yet but I love the look! Congrats on your growing Boy family! They are great bags! After today, I have to say that I prefer the more structured Boys.
Many thanks:smile: same here I like the structure boys for sure n kind of disappointed with the boy reverso:smile: btw I like the boy enchained.. Really look forward to you getting one:smile:

Just got back! I was able to see Boy Enchained and Boy Brick and Boy Reverso. Boy Brick is my favorite of the bunch. I saw the larger size in blue for $4700. It is a great crossbody bag! It is lambskin with a quilted back pocket. The interior is fabric lined. The front has a plexiglass plate with large silver CCs and silver squares. This is the lamb version of the Lego clutches. It is perfect crossbody length and the capacity is probably slightly larger than a mini. It is rectangular in shape. NM ordered blue, dark red, and ivory I believe. There are also little cubes with CCs on them interspersed throughout the chain. Great little details! It is a bit heavy though due to the hardware and plate on the front of the bag.

I also saw the Boy Enchained in both large and Jumbo and calfskin and tweed. The large in calfskin is not too heavy, but the tweed version is heavier and bulkier and the Jumbo version is definitely heavy with the chains. It is a great bag! It has a very rocker chic vibe to it so it is not necessarily for every day or every outfit but I love the look. It is fabric lined. The interior has one large center pocket and also very slim sections at the front and back of the center pocket that could be used for a phone or receipts or other small items. It is almost like the Chanel 3 in that there are three interior sections all of the same height, but the middle section is large and the front and back are very thin. I hope that makes sense. It is hard to describe. Of course, no outside back pocket. I wish the Boys had an outside back pocket!

I also saw the Boy Reverso and Boy Gentle. IMO the downside of all of these new softer Boys, including the Boy Enchained, is that they will lose their shape over time. The tops of the bags already sort of dip in the center from the weight and pulling of the chains and this is even on the Gentle and Reverso. I don't think it is as noticeable on the Boy Enchained because of the chains, but it is super noticeable on the Boy Reverso. So I think I have ruled out the Boy Reverso for that reason. I will probably get the Boy Brick in either blue or dark red and the Boy Enchained in the large size in calfskin.

I also saw a nice Navy Caviar Reissue 227 with GHW. I love the GHW but still don't know how I feel about Reissues in caviar. I prefer the distressed calf. Also, this shade of navy is almost identical to a navy Jumbo I bought a few seasons ago.

There were other collections there but I did not try them as I was most interested in Boys and Reissues.

There is also a Boy Brick cuff coming in strass which I put myself down for and some chain bracelets that look nice. I was able to try the Boy Brick cuff in tweed and it is really cool! It was shown on the runway.

I agree with everyone else this intel was extremely helpful! Thanks so much G&S mommy (btw your girls are soo cute!) Im on a waitlist for the boy enchained but was having doubts about whether to purchase or not or go for a classic as my first time purchase. This info is totally helpful in me making a rational and smarter decision! =)

No. The only reissue sample was the blue caviar GHW. NM did not order a dark grey reissue for Act 2.

I think (don't quote me) nm ordered a metallic dark gray and metallic bronze with rhw in the reissue both in calfskin. I saw a dark gray metallic reissue in the Chanel boutique which was pretty dark in color. The leather also had a bit of shine to it but not too shiny and fine for everyday inmho.

thanks for the intell! any idea when the enchained is due in?

I agree with everyone else this intel was extremely helpful! Thanks so much G&S mommy (btw your girls are soo cute!) Im on a waitlist for the boy enchained but was having doubts about whether to purchase or not or go for a classic as my first time purchase. This info is totally helpful in me making a rational and smarter decision! =)

No problem! As much as I love the Boy Enchained, I already have a pretty comprehensive collection of classics. I think it really depends on what you see using more especially over time. A classic is just that - classic. It will be timeless whereas the Boy Enchained is definitely more of a fashion/statement bag.

I think (don't quote me) nm ordered a metallic dark gray and metallic bronze with rhw in the reissue both in calfskin. I saw a dark gray metallic reissue in the Chanel boutique which was pretty dark in color. The leather also had a bit of shine to it but not too shiny and fine for everyday inmho.

NM ordered Jumbos in those colors for Act 1. My local store only ordered caviar Reissues for Act 2 in black, navy, and beige. Other stores may be different though.