Show us your COACH secondhand BARGAINS!!

The leather looks yummy! I love this color! (But I'd be happy with any of them!)

Sorry about your bite. I swell up like that from mosquito bites.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1375238857.517925.jpg

Like this from a mosquito bite? I actually took this at about 10 am and it's a lot more inflamed now and the swelling spread some more. My husband can't believe how bad I react to mosquito bites (they just get to be about quarter sized), buty daughter wants to take me to the doctor for this one. I know they can't do anything though.

PS: objects in photo appear larger than their actual size, though I do have pretty muscular calves.

To keep this on topic, my new duffle made me feel slightly better as I hobbled around Walgreens looking fot Benadryl and ointment.

View attachment 2276929

Like this from a mosquito bite? I actually took this at about 10 am and it's a lot more inflamed now and the swelling spread some more. My husband can't believe how bad I react to mosquito bites (they just get to be about quarter sized), buty daughter wants to take me to the doctor for this one. I know they can't do anything though.

PS: objects in photo appear larger than their actual size, though I do have pretty muscular calves.

To keep this on topic, my new duffle made me feel slightly better as I hobbled around Walgreens looking fot Benadryl and ointment.

Ouch!! Hope you feel better soon.

View attachment 2276929

Mosquitoes carry a lot of diseases, having a Dr check it out is not a bad idea, and I am not one to run to the Dr unnecessarily.

View attachment 2276929

Yep, I guess I'm allergic to mosquitoes - my entire leg would be swollen even more than that. It hasn't happened in a long time though. I never went to the doctor for them and they always healed just fine. The funny thing is that I was always told that if I scratched it would make them swell more - but I was always really good about not scratching. I hope the Benadryl helps. When I was a kid, we have this marvelous ointment that actually numbed it much better than anything available OTC now.

I like your nail polish.

There was some discussion a while back about when Coach was using the copyright symbol on creeds. I have a 1980 bag that has that symbol. I believe we figured they only used it for a few years, actually before they filed for a copyright! If we can assume that they used the registration numbers in order, I would guess that your bag was made in the late 70's since the number on my 1980 bag is bigger.

Interesting...the only other bag I have with the glued on registration number - and copyright symbol - is a Slim Satchel Standard 526-6436. Hyacinth said early 70's, DemRam said mid to late 70's: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-694619-701.html#post21853539. Wonder if we'll ever crack the code :smile:

Thanks ladies! Some times you take a chance on a badly listed bag and it works out.

One of these days I'll post a picture of the wallet I have that coincidentally goes with it. I'm ever so slightly laid up right now and am trying to keep off my feet. I was bitten by a wasp yesterday morning on the way back from my run. Just about all of the area over my calf muscle is red and swollen today and I'm trying to stay off it. It hurts and itches and feels like its going to burst its so swollen. Anyway, I took a loaded up picture of it at work today and thought I'd share here too.

Gorgeous bag. I love the color.

I want something from the Bleecker collection as well.

Hope your leg feels better. :smile:

View attachment 2276929

My mother is allergic to yellow jackets and had to get an epipen. Each time she'd get stung it was worse. You should see an allergist if possible.

Ouch!! Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks!

Yep, I guess I'm allergic to mosquitoes - my entire leg would be swollen even more than that. It hasn't happened in a long time though. I never went to the doctor for them and they always healed just fine. The funny thing is that I was always told that if I scratched it would make them swell more - but I was always really good about not scratching. I hope the Benadryl helps. When I was a kid, we have this marvelous ointment that actually numbed it much better than anything available OTC now.

I like your nail polish.

That's crazy that you get like that from a mosquito bite-I get a lot of mosquito bites and my husband thinks it's weird how much they swell up. He can be outside all day and not get bit and I can go out for a few minutes to talk to him and come in with three or four, that swell up pretty big (he told me silver dollar not quartersize, lol, but it really depends) whether I scratch or not. I live in the desert, he teases that they must come running when they hear our door because there are just not that many mosquitos out there. If you swell up this bad I would at least ask a doctor about it, must be some sor of allergy and you could be at risk of anaphylactic shock!

That picture was taken early in the morning and it about doubled in size and angry redness (and pain!) throughout the day-by the time I posted it I was too grumpy to take another picture

Thanks on the polish-one of those weird colors that kind of works with everything!

Gorgeous bag. I love the color.

I want something from the Bleecker collection as well.

Hope your leg feels better. :smile:

My mother is allergic to yellow jackets and had to get an epipen. Each time she'd get stung it was worse. You should see an allergist if possible.

Interesting you mention that, because I figured out yesterday that I've had four wasp bites and they have been progressively worse. Google says I shouldn't worry unless I have swelling in other parts but I at least know to keep an eye on it now.

Anyway-thanks y'all but I really didn't mean to turn it into a whinefest-but when whateve mentioned swelling up from a mosquito bite I had to ask considering my history with bites.

I'm going on a short trip starting tomorrow where I will be doing a lot of walking and I hope this doesn't interfere. Stuff like this makes me really feel for people who are in chronic pain. This is pretty darn painful and makes me kinda cranky and I can't imagine what it would be like to have a real health issue. In a way it just makes me feel lucky to know this is going to get better in a little while.

Thanks!

That's crazy that you get like that from a mosquito bite-I get a lot of mosquito bites and my husband thinks it's weird how much they swell up. He can be outside all day and not get bit and I can go out for a few minutes to talk to him and come in with three or four, that swell up pretty big (he told me silver dollar not quartersize, lol, but it really depends) whether I scratch or not. I live in the desert, he teases that they must come running when they hear our door because there are just not that many mosquitos out there. If you swell up this bad I would at least ask a doctor about it, must be some sor of allergy and you could be at risk of anaphylactic shock!

That picture was taken early in the morning and it about doubled in size and angry redness (and pain!) throughout the day-by the time I posted it I was too grumpy to take another picture

Thanks on the polish-one of those weird colors that kind of works with everything!

Interesting you mention that, because I figured out yesterday that I've had four wasp bites and they have been progressively worse. Google says I shouldn't worry unless I have swelling in other parts but I at least know to keep an eye on it now.

Anyway-thanks y'all but I really didn't mean to turn it into a whinefest-but when whateve mentioned swelling up from a mosquito bite I had to ask considering my history with bites.

I'm going on a short trip starting tomorrow where I will be doing a lot of walking and I hope this doesn't interfere. Stuff like this makes me really feel for people who are in chronic pain. This is pretty darn painful and makes me kinda cranky and I can't imagine what it would be like to have a real health issue. In a way it just makes me feel lucky to know this is going to get better in a little while.
My DH is the same way. Mosquitoes rarely bite him but they love me! I told him he has sour blood! I haven't had a problem with bites recently. I think I've outgrown it. I had allergy tests and shots a few years ago and they didn't mention anything about mosquitoes.

I grew up in a medical family but no one ever considered taking me to a doctor for my mosquito bite reaction.

I should have taken more pix but I found this "NWT" Bleecker Large Duffle Buckskin on eBay for $89. It had a factory paper tag, care card, but a regular creed. It really is new but there is a little burnishing of the leather towards the bottom. Not dirt but true burnishing.

I kind of want to apple her because she's a little dry but i think I'll carry her a bit first and see how she does.

View attachment 2275682
I love this bag. Off to stalk e-bay....

Hello, Haversack Holy Grail !!!!

One pretty much hardly ever finds the all leather Haversacks anywhere. The last time one popped up, Ledobe found it!! I've been hot on the hunt ever since. This seller had one that was essentially nwot, EXCELLENT!! and I got it for $165 shipped!!!! The timing was bad, but I am selling a few other things to allow me to have this bag because it's pretty obvious this is MY SIGNATURE BAG STYLE LOL. I now own 5 of them! (4 suede colors, and this all leather one) The only ones left are a white leather one, and another shade of blue without the legacy lining I believe.

zjyr.jpg

IMAGE SHACK IS NOT WORKING TODAY this will show up eventually

Sadly, the previous owner had a woodstove in their home, and its a bit smokey. I am going to get rid of that smell asap, and she'll be getting lots of love.

Last edited:
View attachment 2276929

I react badly to mosquito bites too - I think it is an allergy. My husband gets bitten, it swells and itches and then goes away pretty quickly. But I get these big welts that itch terribly and last a long, long time.

But that swelling and redness is really ugly, do you think that you might have been stung by a bee? I hope you feel better soon!

One pretty much hardly ever finds the all leather Haversacks anywhere. The last time one popped up, Ledobe found it!! I've been hot on the hunt ever since. This seller had one that was essentially nwot, EXCELLENT!! and I got it for $165 shipped!!!! The timing was bad, but I am selling a few other things to allow me to have this bag because it's pretty obvious this is MY SIGNATURE BAG STYLE LOL. I now own 5 of them! (4 suede colors, and this all leather one) The only ones left are a white leather one, and another shade of blue without the legacy lining I believe.

zjyr.jpg

Sadly, the previous owner had a woodstove in their home, and its a bit smokey. I am going to get rid of that smell asap, and she'll be getting lots of love.
WOW! Congratulations! That is wonderful!

zjyr.jpg

Beautiful!

zjyr.jpg

Congratulations!

I really like this leather version.

What is the style number?