Marc Jacobs - Denim Color - pics help clear up confusion

lovekoobabags

Balified
O.G.
Jun 21, 2006
Hey there,

Ok, I cannot get a clear idea of what this color is -
on ebay there was one old auction for a Denim Anouk and it looks bright blue - and then there's a new one on ebay for a MP and it looks more subdued -

anyone have a picture to clarify color?
thanks!:P

^^I ordered the large denim multipocket Tuesday night from NR in San Jose, CA. Hope to have it in a few more days. I am so excited and will post pics when I receive.

Denim is indeed a great color. A few weeks ago I purchased a small multipocket in Denim and waiting for the right occasion to carry it. It's almost like a light teal color, and one of my favorites!

YES it was and by the by... in the movie they quoted the WRONG price. I got endless amounts of crap from my family and husband about it.

Its the most infuriating scene in the film for two reasons: the wrong price quote AND the fact that her friends are all "gung-ho" to accept the free goods but when the boss calls- interrupting the dinner- the friends want to tell her off AFTER they have accepted these free goods that the bosses name got them.... I know this isnt a movie review site but I thought I'd air my pet peeves about the film.... other than that I LOVED the film.

I think Denim is a TDF color. I absolutely LOVE IT. That being said, light colors scare the crap out of me...I would never use it b/c I'd be afraid of spilling something on it.

One of my favorite Stella colors is off-white but I just can't do it!

I am such a huge Devil Wears Prada fan!! The movie was actually much better than the book, although they were very different.

ecmd7--congrats on your new denim MP! sounds gorgeous!

C1976--I hate that scene too! They say the bag is like $1200 or something ridiculous for an MP! Overall, I just hated how her friends/boyfriend were so unsupportive of her new job. I mean, everyone has to work a lot when they first start out!

:smile:

Agree, the movie is waaaaaaaaay much better than the book. I actually got mad when I read the ending, it was just too frustrating, and not funny at all.

Thank you marclover! AMEN. I saw it as her friends holding her back from a relatively good job (the perks make up for the amount of grief in my opinion). I would sell my soul to have access to a closet like that.... ooh the Chanel!

AND I have goten way off topic and forgot to offer my congrats on the new gorgeous bag of yours, ecmd7. I know you said you were looking for a good blue bag... so this is fantastic news!

I just re-watched it on dvd with my mom and sister who knew I just bought a marc jacobs bag so when that scene came on with the wrong bag price my mom was like, "HOW COULD YOU SPEND SO MUCH!" I assured her they were wrong about the price and that my bag was waaaaaay less than that because it was from ebay but still.

Also, I hate how her friends act in that scene. So unsupportive. Meanwhile, if her boyfriend is a chef, he works crazy hours too and would actually never be home before her if he worked in a restaurant in NYC, save for on days off.