***The EQUESTRIAN Club***

So I have some exciting new- DH has agreed to buy me a horse. I have been looking and have 4 that I want to see here in my home province. Trying to avoid a costly trip out of province if I don't have too. I would love all of your opinions on the 4 horses if you guys want me to post the info/pics? I am going to see one tomorrow- 9 year old appaloosa mare. I really thought I would be looking for a TB or QH but this mare seems special and my coach really likes her. She is trained Western but also Hunter Under Saddle and her owner thinks she would love to jump. This is her:

Attachments

• 988605_10152969004480220_2137879717_n.jpg
    988605_10152969004480220_2137879717_n.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 141
  • 994807_10152969005065220_1419008750_n.jpg
    994807_10152969005065220_1419008750_n.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 1002722_10152969004705220_808668634_n.jpg
    1002722_10152969004705220_808668634_n.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 1011376_10152969004915220_1754971463_n.jpg
    1011376_10152969004915220_1754971463_n.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 145
What a sweet hubby you have!! :smile: I never have bought my own horse.....yet.....so I don't really know a lot about buying, but she is beautiful and I would just say to ride them all, figure out what you really want out of a horse and then just who you bond with. You should feel that connection with the horse that is right for you.

How exciting though...congratulations!!! :happydance:

So I have some exciting new- DH has agreed to buy me a horse. I have been looking and have 4 that I want to see here in my home province. Trying to avoid a costly trip out of province if I don't have too. I would love all of your opinions on the 4 horses if you guys want me to post the info/pics? I am going to see one tomorrow- 9 year old appaloosa mare. I really thought I would be looking for a TB or QH but this mare seems special and my coach really likes her. She is trained Western but also Hunter Under Saddle and her owner thinks she would love to jump. This is her:

wow her coloring is gorgeous!!! yay for getting your own horse soon!

We went to see the Appy mare and she was a real doll but very Western. Not sure if she would make a very good jumper. We are going to see 2 more horses this week, a 6 year old paint mare and a 6 year old TB.

We went to see the Appy mare and she was a real doll but very Western. Not sure if she would make a very good jumper. We are going to see 2 more horses this week, a 6 year old paint mare and a 6 year old TB.

Good luck with finding a horse! Does hubby know what he is letting himself in for if you get a horse? The expense, coming second, getting his dinner late! My poor DH knows my Baby Able comes first!

Please send your good thoughts to my Able. He has been very lame and only sound with a huge amount of pain meds. He has seen the remedial farrier twice and nothing is helping so he has to go for x rays on his foot on Thursday. I had a major freakout yesterday because if something is majorly wrong, There may be no going back. Im praying its something like an abcess, something that can be treated, but this foot as been a problem since day one. I really dont want to lose my baby to untreatable lameness.

i got to jump a grid for the first time yesterday!! it was 3 x-rails plus a single pole on the ground at the end (going to add a x-rail a few strides after the grid in my next lesson :smile: )

does anyone have some exercises that i can do on my lease ride to improve my jumping? i just started a few months ago. the exercises can't involve actually jumping though lol. i was think maybe practicing my release/jumping form over a single pole on the ground but that's all i can think of.... i'm already doing no stirrup work during the lease ride.

Sally- so sorry to hear about your boy. Thinking good thoughts for him.
DH works in another province 3 weeks and then is home for 1 so we don't see much of each other right now anyway. LOL

Gymangel- Lots of 2 point. Thats what I do.

I was wondering how Able is too?

My dream has finally come true. I am a horse owner. On Sunday I went to see a 16 year old, 16.1 hand Oldenburg gelding. He is gorgeous and sweet and everything I have been looking for. So I bought him! I will have him Sunday. I still can't believe it's real.

Good luck with finding a horse! Does hubby know what he is letting himself in for if you get a horse? The expense, coming second, getting his dinner late! My poor DH knows my Baby Able comes first!

Please send your good thoughts to my Able. He has been very lame and only sound with a huge amount of pain meds. He has seen the remedial farrier twice and nothing is helping so he has to go for x rays on his foot on Thursday. I had a major freakout yesterday because if something is majorly wrong, There may be no going back. Im praying its something like an abcess, something that can be treated, but this foot as been a problem since day one. I really dont want to lose my baby to untreatable lameness.

I'm so sorry that Able has been lame. Its so frustrating and worrisome when you can't get a diagnosis. Has there been any improvement?

My dream has finally come true. I am a horse owner. On Sunday I went to see a 16 year old, 16.1 hand Oldenburg gelding. He is gorgeous and sweet and everything I have been looking for. So I bought him! I will have him Sunday. I still can't believe it's real.

Congratulations! How exciting! Please post some photos when you get a chance!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1374745047.093771.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1374745056.392534.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1374745066.195187.jpg

Yay I didn't know that there was an equestrian forum on here, so glad I found this! I don't know if this is working as I am uploading with my new iPad but the pics above (hopefully) are of my baby Tonto, 9 year old Appaloosa gelding. He has been out of work since December with tendon damage and he does not seem to be getting any better which is heartbreaking. in the meantime I have been loaning another Appaloosa called Indie, a seven year old Appaloosa mare ImageUploadedByPurseForum1374745195.492908.jpg

I love her too but it's not the same as my own baby so praying he gets better soon! It's lovely to see the piccys of your beautiful horses ladies!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1374745008.963902.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1374745008.963902.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 109
  • ImageUploadedByPurseForum1374745020.989366.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1374745020.989366.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 97
Thank you for thinking of us. Able says thank you x

We went to the vets and they did a few x rays. It looks like there is a nail clinch stuck somewhere in his foot. Hard to see where as he currently has a resin hoof bandage on which we are not keen to take off yet and cause further damage. There is a dark spot we think is an abcess so..... We are hot poulticing twice daily and it has broken through the coronary band. He is back to one bute a day and walking so much better! The vet has said that usually the nail will not do any damage and was probably a result of Able trying to remove his own shoes whilst out in the field.

More good news is all the bone in his foot looked good so thats something positive! It just means i am using more tubigrip and bandages than a hospital!

View attachment 2269927 View attachment 2269928View attachment 2269929

Yay I didn't know that there was an equestrian forum on here, so glad I found this! I don't know if this is working as I am uploading with my new iPad but the pics above (hopefully) are of my baby Tonto, 9 year old Appaloosa gelding. He has been out of work since December with tendon damage and he does not seem to be getting any better which is heartbreaking. in the meantime I have been loaning another Appaloosa called Indie, a seven year old Appaloosa mare View attachment 2269930

I love her too but it's not the same as my own baby so praying he gets better soon! It's lovely to see the piccys of your beautiful horses ladies!

I would love to own an appy, They are so beautiful! Sorry your boy is having time off. I know what that feels like!

Congrats! We need pictures, LOTS of pictures!