Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jp - you look marvelous in these warm and neutral colors! The colorful clics are super too. I know what you mean about Wa'Ko-Ni - it is one that I held back on too. I nearly picked up the yellow/green colorway - and I may still look for one from summer sales.

Anfang - It is nearly 100 degrees here now - people and pups are melting and staying cool indoors. At least you can wear your silks in cool weather :smile:

sbelle - this trio is awesome and I did not know they were all LB! Thank you for sharing your beauties.

Yum - turquoise and chocolate - a stunning combination! Is the scarf les Canes?

DD - oh stop - you look fabulous in your silk, kelly and jumper (always want to know why the brits call it a jumper?)

Well scarfies - with the heat, I have pared down to either mousselines or pochettes now. And this old skirt, turned tube dress with linen vest is the perfect cool down outfit for today. My little Graff pochette - and now I am seriously wanting H to issue Graff in the summer silk next season. Can we hear all in favor?
Petit H pendant has been such a fantastic special piece for me, I cannot thank my H angel buddy who found a way to get her for me. Love it to bits!:cloud9::hbeat:

Oh Lanit, you look gorgeous ! Your pendant is TDF - what a stunning piece ! A crystal pendant is now at the top of my wishlist :love:

Well scarfies - with the heat, I have pared down to either mousselines or pochettes now. And this old skirt, turned tube dress with linen vest is the perfect cool down outfit for today. My little Graff pochette - and now I am seriously wanting H to issue Graff in the summer silk next season. Can we hear all in favor?
Petit H pendant has been such a fantastic special piece for me, I cannot thank my H angel buddy who found a way to get her for me. Love it to bits!:cloud9::hbeat:

Simply chic. The Graff offsets the pendant nicely and the pendant is indeed something special.:smile:

I'm sure I am not on theme. These pics aren't even from this week. Wore this last week and hadn't had a chance to post. Wa'Ko-Ni, which is another one I did not like AT ALL. But after months and months.. I decided the powerful look to this woman was too alluring to not "collect". Lol ;.. And to know that she's hiding in my scarf when it's tied is a bit of irony for me... :smile: Similar to the powerful tiger in Tigre du Bengale :smile:.. Only I and other H scarfies know they're there :smile:

perfectly coordinated as usual :smile:

Silkies,
It is going to be 115 degrees today and it is sultry--not dry, AND I have an outside wedding later!!!! I want to cry. No silk, just sweat!!

I am surprised that Ladybaga hasn't been around talking about her KO love for this week. I am finally on-theme and our darling Flava pokes fun at me. :bagslap::smooch: And where is Chestnutty with her favorite designer???

rottiemom: you look lovely in your first scarf. Beautiful like a cloud under your chin. Welcome to the silky side!!

Pegase: you dashing dude you!! I love deep, mustardy yellows too.

JP: I love your reason for buying Wa'Ko-Ni. I too bought her long ago for that very reason but she didn't flatter me. Darn beauty! I can't believe you have two cws of Les Cannes. Have we seen them here?? Love your clic-clacks my friend! Where is curry girl? Come on, make me jealous!!

Jahna: I too adore Pauwels but passed on Maharajas. I think I need to steal Flava's curry one. Pegase, you SHOULD have that one too!! Too feminine for you though, huh?

Lanit: your CeL shawl is so beautiful. I love the tendrils and then beaded ends. You rock anything you wear though.... Honey, I am so excited. I just bought my FIRST Hermes necklace and it reminds me of yours here...can't wait to get her...hehe

Hermesick: Your Dallet love makes me so happy. I love when others have such passion for something or someone of course. You would think with my animal love/insanity, that I too would die for him and KO. Nope. What a weirdo I am--even my SA said it when I passed on the Tiger---makes no sense. I am NOW rethinking the tiger and she might come to my collection.

Sophieselt and designerdiva40: You girls thrilled me with your mentioning of taking pups to vet in silk. I LOVE that. I wore one to the bank last week even though it was too warm but I knew I could handle it for an hour. When the weather is so hot or life isn't permitting a silk--you gotta do what you gotta do. I cracked up, D Lee, about your walk for a burger in silk! Hahahaaa

Anfang: I am so happy to share in Honore love with you. And sbelle, I too admire many of LB's pieces.

Parriton: your post is perfection and I am happy to see Les Cannes--such a beauty

I can easily understand why ! :loveeyes:

Thanks! :smile:

Love this!!! I 'must' get this scarf before its too late...

You better hurry! ;) Hermès SA told me she didn't know when or IF the color would be back anytime soon!

Yum - turquoise and chocolate - a stunning combination! Is the scarf les Canes?

Yes you are absolutly right - it is Les Cannes! :smile:

Love Les Cannes!!! I already have 2 cws and I'd do more but have kept a little restraint. Les Cannes ties so beautifully!! :smile:. Can't wait for you mod pics! :smile:

Thanks, love Les Cannes too! Will post later! :smile:

Silkies,
It is going to be 115 degrees today and it is sultry--not dry, AND I have an outside wedding later!!!! I want to cry. No silk, just sweat!!

I am surprised that Ladybaga hasn't been around talking about her KO love for this week. I am finally on-theme and our darling Flava pokes fun at me. :bagslap::smooch: And where is Chestnutty with her favorite designer???

Parriton: your post is perfection and I am happy to see Les Cannes--such a beauty

Thank you! Hope the wedding was fun with or without silk ;)!

Twins on the gavroche darling!!! And totally in favor of Graff in the summer silk next season!!!! Yes yes yes! :tup:

I'll let you lead the charge for Graffiti IF!

Lanit, whatever color you choose for wa'ko-Ni, I KNOW you'll look beautiful in!! You ALWAYS look amazing in your silks!! And look at your graff! So pretty!! TA, Graff in a summer silk would be FAB!!

So kind of you J,! We have to run over to fall thread and see what the 140 silk issue will be. I am guessing summer silk is just S/S though.

Ooooch Lanit, 100 is pretty high ! Here we(re just longing for a little sun, as the winter was so long and rainy ... I love your Graff, and moreover your Petit H ! This simmer, Petit H reissues this pendant in bicolor poro, I'm eyeing ! ;)

Thanks Anfang, I can't wait to see your pendant , don't wait too long they might disappear quick as a wink.

Oh Lanit, you look gorgeous ! Your pendant is TDF - what a stunning piece ! A crystal pendant is now at the top of my wishlist :love:

Thanks so much Hsick. It was very hard to choose between this one and the fan/rippled one. both were so beautiful. you can view Lutz's pendant in her thread Happily Surrounded by H.

Simply chic. The Graff offsets the pendant nicely and the pendant is indeed something special.:smile:
seton! I have been so behind with comments. Thank you and I really enjoyed the vintage beauties and homage to Honore along with sparkle. She is one of my favorite designers for sure. And if ever you wish to rehome the Au Couer de la Vie in that sublime green, please think of me first!

Silkies,

rottiemom: you look lovely in your first scarf. Beautiful like a cloud under your chin. Welcome to the silky side!!

JP: I love your reason for buying Wa'Ko-Ni. I too bought her long ago for that very reason but she didn't flatter me. Darn beauty! I can't believe you have two cws of Les Cannes. Have we seen them here?? Love your clic-clacks my friend! Where is curry girl? Come on, make me jealous!!

Jahna: I too adore Pauwels but passed on Maharajas. I think I need to steal Flava's curry one. Pegase, you SHOULD have that one too!! Too feminine for you though, huh?

Lanit: your CeL shawl is so beautiful. I love the tendrils and then beaded ends. You rock anything you wear though.... Honey, I am so excited. I just bought my FIRST Hermes necklace and it reminds me of yours here...can't wait to get her...hehe

Hermesick: Your Dallet love makes me so happy. I love when others have such passion for something or someone of course. You would think with my animal love/insanity, that I too would die for him and KO. Nope. What a weirdo I am--even my SA said it when I passed on the Tiger---makes no sense. I am NOW rethinking the tiger and she might come to my collection.

Sophieselt and designerdiva40: You girls thrilled me with your mentioning of taking pups to vet in silk. I LOVE that. I wore one to the bank last week even though it was too warm but I knew I could handle it for an hour. When the weather is so hot or life isn't permitting a silk--you gotta do what you gotta do. I cracked up, D Lee, about your walk for a burger in silk! Hahahaaa

Anfang: I am so happy to share in Honore love with you. And sbelle, I too admire many of LB's pieces.

sparkle - Heatwave....I am dying. Not used to this. Need AC and mousses quick for First Aid.

Scarfies,
This is going to be a loooong mumble from me. And I'm not in any way trying to sound like a scarf connoisseur, just want to share my thoughts.
Like Seton, I do not really have a most favorite artist. I change my mind too often.
I used to like Christine Henry scarves - a lot. I love her Axis Mundi, Cave Felem, Aux Portes du Palais, L'arbre de Vie so much that I own in multiple colorways and formats of them. I have more Henry scarves in my collection than any other artists. But since the last two collections, I was left, how do I say it, "underwhelmed". I have expected a bit more from her scarves rather than just flowery scarves, if you know what I mean. And even though the recent Henry scarves are very busy and knot-friendly, it lacks of something I'd stare at and be amazed at. Now, silk-slap me if you disagree :sweatdrop:.
Aline Honore - Like Sparklisab I like her designs a lot. Nature in her scarves is magnificent, full of vibrant colors and sounds. The details are unbelievably ornate - I wonder how long it takes to draw something like those. And her scarves don't make me question "Didn't I see this somewhere else?" - I'm amazed from one scarf to the next. Most of her designs are best-sellers and rarely go for cheap on the market, so I own only three from her as of now. Like my fellow sparklelisab, I'm hunting for a perfect cw of Au Coeur de la Vie and Fleurs d'Indiennes (hopefully I'll hear some good news next week or so).

As some of you may know, I'm a scarf hunter on eBay. Currently, my targets are Toutsy's scarves (Hi 5 to SBelle :smooch:). I adore her botanical scarves very much. If Honore's scarves open up the world with all vibrant colors and sounds, some of Toutsy's scarves show you scenes that are so calm and tranquil that you can relax and take a deep breath. Here's my current profile for this artist:
Artist: Laurence Bourthoumieux
Signed as: Toutsy, L, Bourthoumieux, B.T., L.Thioune
My current wishlist:
Jardins de la Nouvelle Angleterre, 2009 (mint/craie colorway with white contrast hem). Please pardon the huge pic, but it's too beautiful to show in smaller size :blush:.

Central Park, 2007 (sold at Madison boutique only I believe, until January 2011 it's still there).

Aloha, 2000 and re-issued in 2010 I like it but the wide border keeps me hesitating.

Au son du Tam-Tam, 1997 - I like it but the border is too wide and it's not knot-friendly, but still pretty regardless.

Au bord du l'eau, 2005. Do you see the three circles in this designs?

Awesome Birds, Feathers, and Leaves!

Last edited:
Vol Amoureux des Azures, 2007

A beautiful mousseline stole of this design:

Brazil, 1988, reissued a lot afterwards in many formats from 90cm to twilly and soon to be maxi twilly. Brazil Detail is nice as well, especially in GM dip dye format.

Chants du Henne, 2002 (Wait it looks like jp_536 and Sparklelisab doing manicure on each other :roflmfao:). I would love to find this exact colorway and persuade myself how to forget I'm wearing two pairs of foot on my neck, LOL!

details:

Photos courtesy of HSCI database, Its-all-Goode, and some tPFers' posts.

Now wishlist is shown, I have to admit I own only two (soon to be three) Toutsy's scarves so far.
Central Park, sepia colorway (used the previous owner's photo as I can't take full pic under the current lighting)

Tropiques (on the way to me :yahoo:)

Mythiques Phoenix, marine/white, gavroche size

Scarfies,
This is going to be a loooong mumble from me. And I'm not in any way trying to sound like a scarf connoisseur, just want to share my thoughts.
Like Seton, I do not really have a most favorite artist. I change my mind too often.
I used to like Christine Henry scarves - a lot. I love her Axis Mundi, Cave Felem, Aux Portes du Palais, L'arbre de Vie so much that I own in multiple colorways and formats of them. I have more Henry scarves in my collection than any other artists. But since the last two collections, I was left, how do I say it, "underwhelmed". I have expected a bit more from her scarves rather than just flowery scarves, if you know what I mean. And even though the recent Henry scarves are very busy and knot-friendly, it lacks of something I'd stare at and be amazed at. Now, silk-slap me if you disagree :sweatdrop:.
Aline Honore - Like Sparklisab I like her designs a lot. Nature in her scarves is magnificent, full of vibrant colors and sounds. The details are unbelievably ornate - I wonder how long it takes to draw something like those. And her scarves don't make me question "Didn't I see this somewhere else?" - I'm amazed from one scarf to the next. Most of her designs are best-sellers and rarely go for cheap on the market, so I own only three from her as of now. Like my fellow sparklelisab, I'm hunting for a perfect cw of Au Coeur de la Vie and Fleurs d'Indiennes (hopefully I'll hear some good news next week or so).

As some of you may know, I'm a scarf hunter on eBay. Currently, my targets are Toutsy's scarves (Hi 5 to SBelle :smooch:). I adore her botanical scarves very much. If Honore's scarves open up the world with all vibrant colors and sounds, some of Toutsy's scarves show you scenes that are so calm and tranquil that you can relax and take a deep breath. Here's my current profile for this artist:
Artist: Laurence Bourthoumieux
Signed as: Toutsy, L, Bourthoumieux, B.T., L.Thioune

These are STUNNING Chestnutty, just WOW! Each a little work of art...thank you for sharing, I have been just analyzing every nuance for the last 15 minutes, so beautiful...

Now wishlist is shown, I have to admit I own only two (soon to be three) Toutsy's scarves so far.
Central Park, sepia colorway (used the previous owner's photo as I can't take full pic under the current lighting)

Chestnutty, your scarves are glorious ! Especially love the Central Park, and Brazil for sure ! Real treasures, not less ! :love::heart:

Oh Dear , I am speechless :cloud9: One word : HEAVEN !
Jardins de la Nouvelle Angleterre in this colorway are on my wish list since ages :smile:
Congratulations on your Tropiques - what a beauty ! You have EXCELLENT taste Chestnutty !

Silkies,

Thanks Sparkle ! Sometimes its not love at first sight but its always good to give a try ;) Tiger would look lovely on you !

Chestnut: I savored every word of your post like Britabroad! I admire your taste and sense of style so you just keep "learning" us around here!! I too forgot about Henry scarves. I just recieved a L'arbre Vie :yahoo:and then Axis Mundi!!! The best!! You are right about too many incredible designers and I really agree with your Honore comment: how her pieces look different. While I own many Faivre scarves, her recent releases all look the same to me--the only reason I didn't jump on the Unicorn scarf. To me, it is a busier Tressors and I have that. I too am NOW going to be on the lookout for Central Park. Amazing detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.