Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eiiiiii I want to read that and my cheapness is making me wait til I find a thrifted copy. Maybe I should just break down and buy it on Half.com. I can add it to the stack of stuff I am going to read.

It stops before we get to Tom Ford though ... so ... less prone to throw my $4.75 at it! Oh Tom! Tom Ford you sexy beast!

Glorious! Hooray!

I feel like I have a Paolo Gucci ...

Yes. I do take some lemon now and again.

Not too sure what the guy was on as far as meds. But there's the clear side effect of Homicidal Rage and Psychosis. Hallucinations. Rare, supposedly. Mental health is a huge issue. The black box warning were supposed to help, but my experience is that they don't. People have breakable brains. And souls and spirits. Not to mention that there's a culture of violence that is worldwide. Video games, first person shooters. It's a mess. Suicidality and Homicidality are intimately linked. In the broken brains.

Also easier to be brave cause the Hubs is still home. He goes back on Monday to teach thru summer and I'm trying not to think about it.

I think it was Tulli who said that her husband owns Kevlar and, "he has a dangerous job too."

Could you cry? I mean... he's an Associate Professor for God's sake! Not exactly supposed to be considering guns and such ...

A girl know this week told me that he should just carry a pistol on his hip (think; Justified without the incredibly overly white teeth) and I laughed and stared at her and then she said, "Oh wait that isn't legal, I was thinking of Texas ..."
!

*hugs*

Hope you're doing okay today :heart:. I couldn't agree more with your sentiments.

Xoxoxo

Went to the local goodwill today. Was actually very clean and had quite a large selection. Ended up with a new pair of Vix swimsuit bottoms for $3. They had quite a few brand new swimsuits (vix, Lspace, Michael kors) so maybe a store went out of business since they had a couple of doubles. Had a cute Joie soft top but it was still $5 and it was meh. They have 50% off tag color sales every Sunday so if I go back and it's half off ill get it.

View attachment 2222652

On a side note...what is the best top cost to use on your nails? I have the OPI one that a friend bought me for my birthday and it's so thick and after my nails were nicely pained with Chanel I feel like it ruined them and got streaky :sad: ugh!! I need a new one. And if you gals have a base coat you recommend that would be nice :smile:

Butter London's Hardwear topcoat is great! A less spendy but kind of stinky one is China Glaze Fast Forward :smile:. I LOVE Nails, Inc. Caviar base coat & Duri Rejuvacote as base coat :smile:

Cute suit bottoms!! I love the color :heart:

It was a light day ChowLover2!

But nonetheless there were spoils for all!

Consider the following ....

My name is Prince. And I am Funky. When it comes to Funk ...

I am a Junkie ... Don't worry the bottom button is with me, it just fell off during the struggle with the operation I gave it.

I also LOVE the big heavy gold buttons ... not sure when the jacket was made but it was made when tags said the british crown colony of Hong Kong and it had huge *** shoulder pads. 80's? I blame you LadyAsh for me renewal in interest (or maybe acceptance is a better word) of 80's Fashion.

Anyhow ... should pads size of grand canyon. I removed them ... there was swearing. They were made for a female with no shoulder bones? Seriously huge. I love all the angles in the jacket and it is pristine ... seriously beautiful.

Barbizon vintage nighty ... LOVE this!

A little Free People Hoodie ...

This tag is darling!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All $1 ...[/FONT]

I got a few more things... and I was really happy to find three beautiful blazers for the Hubs. He's teaching summer school so I thought it would cheer him up. One made in France, one in South Africa and one in Canada Land. The mens stuff had been slim pickins'

And the mean crazy lady on pills wasn't even there ... so WIN!

YAY!! I'm glad meanie wasn't there :smile:

I love, LOVE that jacket! That purple color is DIVINE!!! And, as a girl who remembers wearing some ugly *** crap when I was an 80's kid I think that's a big step. I just know you'll know how to work it!!!

Love your other cheapie finds and YAY for hubby blazers!!! How cool that one hails from South Africa?!

It was a light day ChowLover2!

But nonetheless there were spoils for all!

Consider the following ....

My name is Prince. And I am Funky. When it comes to Funk ...

I am a Junkie ... Don't worry the bottom button is with me, it just fell off during the struggle with the operation I gave it.

I also LOVE the big heavy gold buttons ... not sure when the jacket was made but it was made when tags said the british crown colony of Hong Kong and it had huge *** shoulder pads. 80's? I blame you LadyAsh for me renewal in interest (or maybe acceptance is a better word) of 80's Fashion.

Anyhow ... should pads size of grand canyon. I removed them ... there was swearing. They were made for a female with no shoulder bones? Seriously huge. I love all the angles in the jacket and it is pristine ... seriously beautiful.

Barbizon vintage nighty ... LOVE this!

A little Free People Hoodie ...

This tag is darling!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All $1 ...[/FONT]

I got a few more things... and I was really happy to find three beautiful blazers for the Hubs. He's teaching summer school so I thought it would cheer him up. One made in France, one in South Africa and one in Canada Land. The mens stuff had been slim pickins'

And the mean crazy lady on pills wasn't even there ... so WIN!

That's because the 80's were awesome! I wore my 80's Gianni Versace dress out on Sunday and everyone commented...Some people stared funny but those people obviously have no fashion sense. I even had a guy say that he had always wanted to start a street style blog before they became popular, but never saw enough people to ever feel motivated to start it, and he loved my outfit and now regretted never starting that blog LOL!

I went to the Viktor&Rolf dolls exhibit which was amazing! I will have to upload some pics from my phone. Basically it's a bunch of the best runway outfits they produced scaled down and fit onto dolls! The details are amazing and they definitely scaled down everything even the crystals on dresses just everything is a complete mirror image of what they produced for models on the runway! It's on as part of the Luminato festival here in Toronto so admission was totally free and I also went around and did some other free things like having my hair done with an oil treatment (made my hair super soft and they even gave me a sample bottle to take home), and had my nails professionally done at the L'Oreal booth! I've never had my nails done before since I always opt to do them myself but I wasn't saying no to free and they even let us keep the bottles of polish they used. It was a decent distraction from the whole Fatherless Father's Day depression...I made the mistake of logging into Facebook while I had lunch and all my friends were posting about the dinners they were making for their dads or the road trips they were taking etc etc and it put a serious damper on my day knowing that I couldn't even call my dad.

That's because the 80's were awesome! I wore my 80's Gianni Versace dress out on Sunday and everyone commented...Some people stared funny but those people obviously have no fashion sense. I even had a guy say that he had always wanted to start a street style blog before they became popular, but never saw enough people to ever feel motivated to start it, and he loved my outfit and now regretted never starting that blog LOL!

I went to the Viktor&Rolf dolls exhibit which was amazing! I will have to upload some pics from my phone. Basically it's a bunch of the best runway outfits they produced scaled down and fit onto dolls! The details are amazing and they definitely scaled down everything even the crystals on dresses just everything is a complete mirror image of what they produced for models on the runway! It's on as part of the Luminato festival here in Toronto so admission was totally free and I also went around and did some other free things like having my hair done with an oil treatment (made my hair super soft and they even gave me a sample bottle to take home), and had my nails professionally done at the L'Oreal booth! I've never had my nails done before since I always opt to do them myself but I wasn't saying no to free and they even let us keep the bottles of polish they used. It was a decent distraction from the whole Fatherless Father's Day depression...I made the mistake of logging into Facebook while I had lunch and all my friends were posting about the dinners they were making for their dads or the road trips they were taking etc etc and it put a serious damper on my day knowing that I couldn't even call my dad.
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

The Viktor & Rolf dolls exhibit sounds amazing, you were so lucky to see it!

I lost my Dad in '76 and Father's day still depresses me, you are not alone!:hugs:

The Viktor & Rolf dolls exhibit sounds amazing, you were so lucky to see it!

I lost my Dad in '76 and Father's day still depresses me, you are not alone!:hugs:

Pictures as promised before I have to go to work...

Attachments

• 1371506395531.jpg
    1371506395531.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 1371506408119.jpg
    1371506408119.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 369
  • 1371506418339.jpg
    1371506418339.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 370
  • 1371506430244.jpg
    1371506430244.jpg