My first Bulga. OMG the leather.

bkgeiger

Feb 10, 2007
I just got my first Bulga. I love the leather. I am kinda worried about using it. First it is such a soft leather and is it going to stain and or worst tear or scratch. What are others putting on your Bulga? And how are they wearing?

I protect mine with Wilson's leather spray. But I haven't had mine long (I recently ordered both the medium studded tote and the frame flap bag), so I cannot tell you how well they wear. I adore mine. The leather is luxuriously soft and they smell so good!

I just received my first Bulga bag also. I was lucky enough to score the Pudding Large Flap Tote in Amore. I have never had a bag with leather like this and it isn't my most expensive bag. It shows the tiniest scratches but they seem to "wear off" quickly. I only carried it for a few days because it seems to need some kind of leather protectant and I haven't had time to go out and buy any. Congrats on your purchase! I think I'll be buying more from this brand/designer.

I just got my first Bulga. I love the leather. I am kinda worried about using it. First it is such a soft leather and is it going to stain and or worst tear or scratch. What are others putting on your Bulga? And how are they wearing?

i've heard that lovinmybags cleaner/moisturizer is good for bulga's leather. i just ordered a set from that company for a pudding flap i just bought and am too afraid to use. I'm waiting for it to come so I can polish up my bulga. i'll let you know how it turns out...

(i'm not affiliated to lovinmybags company.)

Congrats!! I just got my first Bulga too and I loooove the leather. I'm not gentle with my purses, nor do I use any type of protectant, but it's been a week and there aren't any scratches or anything on mine! (It's dark brown though, so maybe it's hard to tell?) You'll love your purse!!

I have 3 Bulgas - 2 of which haven't even stepped outside my house yet, but my Pudding flap tote have a few times, and it's holding up well w/ no spray or lotion. I really should pick some up though.

What about using Appleguard? I've heard this is a good brand too. I've used it on my Kooba Sienna. It's also the only one I currently have in my house. :graucho:

I'm still waiting anxiously for my Bulga to get here!

I have two-and never sprayed them-one dark teal and one light turquoise. No issues with scratches or stains...just a love for the beautiful leather-yummy!:yes:

i have a cocoa colored medium studded bulga and i have never sprayed it with anything and there are no stains nor scratches. it is soo soft, but still never scratches and i love it. i could see how lighter colors might scratch or stain more easily, though.

Congrats on your new Bulga. I got myself an Oyster colored one last summer (an Ivory shade) and the wear did start to show up pretty quickly - esp on the backside where the bag rubbed up against me as I carried it. For that reason, I don't carry it that often - I just pull it out every so often & use it a couple of time then put away & use it later.

I bought my daughter a Sage Green bag when they first came out (the spring that Jessica Simpson made the bags so popular) - While her bag shows more dirt (she is a teenager after all, and doesn't really treat her bags!) than mine does, the leather doesn't seem to show much wear. In fact, her bag has gotten a little bit of shine to it and isn't as "dull" or "raw" as it was when I first purchased it. Does anyone else find this to be true of older Bulga bags? I just wonder if I should expect my Oyster bag to do the same or if the leather is a little different than what was first used.