VCA Van Cleef & Arpels addiction - support group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ladies- was hoping you could help me out. I just received my new bracelet after having it sent back to VCA for 1 inch lengthening. It's a vintage YG mop and I love it! But was kinda annoyed to see that the lengths between the motifs are not all symmetric! Between the 1st and 2nd motifs and the 4th and 5th there are 13 links, whereas the other motif spaces have 10. Maybe I am being too picky but it's quite noticeable. Especially because I plan on joining the bracelet to wear with 10 motif necklace and I just worry it will be way too unequal looking. Will VCA fix this for me? Has this happened to anyone else?

Sorry to hear that momo. I def wouldn't like that either. I would want the links to be distributed evenly between the motifs and I'm surprised they didn't do that in the first place. I think you should go back and ask them if they can change that since you didn't know or they didn't disclose that info to you. Or see if they can just take out the links and make u an extension piece, that's if they still do that.

Here are my Pave Frivole. I can see that the Cosmos definitely have more diamonds and the shape is different of each petal. But I did not realize how similar they are!

Attachments

• IMG_8946.jpg
    IMG_8946.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,731
Ohhhhhh... This person.....(sigh) who is so scandalous to steal a TPFr's photo and use as her own that she is selling that item. Makes sense now when I commented to someone else on here that I would be nervous to buy from eBay. She in turn made some insulting remark to me about how I must not have enough knowledge about VCA. Who is she to say?! Unless her last name is Van Cleef or Arpels! Seems she may have a guilty conscience and makes her feel better to down others. Guess she still frequents TPF even though her account is deactivated. She may create another account....beware! Ha ha ha!!

I know - I can't believe she had the gall to watermark the photo as her own!

I was in a VCA boutique a few years ago and mentioned to the SA that I was thinking about getting the new style earclips to wear with my old style necklaces. I said that I didn't think anyone would notice if I wore them together even if they were the different. I thought the SA's head was going to explode! She said that it would be very noticeable, it was a terrible idea and I should not wear them together. I almost laughed because she was so against mixing the two.

In the end I was able to find a pair of old style earclips elsewhere so my pieces are matched.

I love this! I also agree that if you're going to match -- then match it perfectly!

I need help spending money from my purse sales. I'm considering a 20 motif carnelian, a 20 motif malachite, or a 16 motif carnelian and tiger's eye. What think?

As a refresher, I have four 20 motifs.....MOP, onyx, all yellow gold, and turquoise, and all the bracelets to match. Also turquoise and onyx super earrings.

ok so it seems like you like to match things. (as do I). In which case, why not buy a single Large motif malachite instead of another 20 motif malachite and buy matching malachite earrings and possibly bracelet as well. A long single large motif seems like it would "shake up" your collection.

ok so it seems like you like to match things. (as do I). In which case, why not buy a single Large motif malachite instead of another 20 motif malachite and buy matching malachite earrings and possibly bracelet as well. A long single large motif seems like it would "shake up" your collection.

I smiled when I read this, Hermes_fan. :smile: It does seem that I like to match things up, doesn't it? I actually don't. I never wear the bracelets as bracelets. I use them to vary the length of my necklaces, which I wear layered. And, I never wear the earrings with the Alhambra necklaces. I am definitely leaning toward malachite, though. :smile:

Hi ladies- was hoping you could help me out. I just received my new bracelet after having it sent back to VCA for 1 inch lengthening. It's a vintage YG mop and I love it! But was kinda annoyed to see that the lengths between the motifs are not all symmetric! Between the 1st and 2nd motifs and the 4th and 5th there are 13 links, whereas the other motif spaces have 10. Maybe I am being too picky but it's quite noticeable. Especially because I plan on joining the bracelet to wear with 10 motif necklace and I just worry it will be way too unequal looking. Will VCA fix this for me? Has this happened to anyone else?
I would send it back too and say you don't like the way it ended up being uneven. Mention you want to be able to attach it to a ten motif and for it to line up. I'm glad someone mentioned we have to be specific about the lengthening requests. I had a ten motif lengthened but it arrived with the same amount of links and looked awesome. Let us know what happens with this:smile:

I need to learn how to watermark my photos. Guess we'd all better do that from now on. How shady huh? I'd never even consider this- but I bet she ever thought she'd get found out.

Oh, please she knew EXACTLY what she,was doing when she stole those pictures and to steal such recent ones within in the past week or so takes serious nerve. I am discussed by this person. If you are lurking, just please do the right thing and remove any pictures that we both know do not rightfully belong to you. Thank you!

I know - I can't believe she had the gall to watermark the photo as her own!

This is not the first time the seller does this. She would buy things from other sellers, use their pics and watermark as her own. I personally know that this seller has even bought a bracelet from a friend that has used it for a year. The seller than used my friend 's pics and watermark as her own, and lie in the listing saying it is brand new never used.

The seller used to be a tpf member and got kicked out. Go figure. Her real profession I was told a lawyer.

This is not the first time the seller does this. She would buy things from other sellers, use their pics and watermark as her own. I personally know that this seller has even bought a bracelet from a friend that has used it for a year. The seller than used my friend 's pics and watermark as her own, and lie in the listing saying it is brand new never used.

The seller used to be a tpf member and got kicked out. Go figure. Her real profession I was told a lawyer.

:shocked: A lawyer would do that? oh gosh! I am sure she is using other user name to watch what we say about her here.

Here are my Pave Frivole. I can see that the Cosmos definitely have more diamonds and the shape is different of each petal. But I did not realize how similar they are!

So gorgeous!

----

I used to watermark all the pics I posted it and then I got lazy. Perhaps now would be a good time to start again. A lot of tpf photos show up when using the image search in google.

Status
Not open for further replies.