Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your new D&B is lovely IESP like the little matchy change purse. Sometimes I delight in being super matchy matchy ...

It's all incredibly adorable! I love American apparel's soft cotton. I have this mint green V-neck summer T from them and it's to die for! Easily as nice (almost) As James Perse and my buddy Michael Stars.

You did great! I am sure the dress will fit. I thrifted an ann taylor loft 100% silk dress that is a size 2 and it looked like it would fit ... and it did! Who knows anymore!? It's like they lost all their tap measures! Though to be fair sizing for a dress is not that big a deal ... I think. Unless it is too small. I'm rambling ...

It's hard to believe the thrift store song is causing all this ... but stranger things have happened. I was at Salvos and saw a group of ... clustered people who clearly did not want to be there all sort of mocking together and I blamed the song. LOL! Probably unfair but there it is!

Oh and The Hubs graduated from UCLA ... I almost went there and my Brother went to USC. So we enjoy the whole rivalry very very much!

That's gotta be fun, my DH is the only one in his family who has graduated college so nobody is allowed to fight with him LOL - he does go back and forth between SDSU and UCLA - he's in the MBA program at UCLA now :smile:

I haven't tried the dress on, I normally wash or dry clean my stuff... after the bloody dress story I'm kinda skurd!! I couldn't pass up the AA shirt for $1 - I can bleach the heck out of it and feel good about wearing it, I wear my $1 James Perse shirts around the house bc they have discoloration - but I still love them!

I alway enjoy reading your posts - you crack me up even on sucky nights like this when the ER people forgot about me for 4 hrs and didn't give me the meds the dr ordered... :nogood::nogood::nogood::nogood:

So I shopped for about 3 hours today and ended up with some goodies!!!! I think the thrifting gods knew my birthday is tomorrow so they sent me good clothes :smile:

First: Joie silk top $6
View attachment 2142358

Equipment cashmere sweater $20
View attachment 2142359

My favorites...brown Jbrand leather pants!!! Current season! $15!!!! They retail for $1000!!! Not to mention they fit perfectly :smile:
View attachment 2142360

And lastly...an Herve Leger! New with all tags. They doubled the price and now they are $100 :/ but I couldn't resist!!
View attachment 2142361
View attachment 2142363
Wow that dress looks good on you!

My latest find from consignment store:
8649856445_34209a60f5_z.jpg

8649856565_51e664d96f_z.jpg
Those are cute shoes!

So I shopped for about 3 hours today and ended up with some goodies!!!! I think the thrifting gods knew my birthday is tomorrow so they sent me good clothes :smile:

View attachment 2142358

View attachment 2142359

My favorites...brown Jbrand leather pants!!! Current season! $15!!!! They retail for $1000!!! Not to mention they fit perfectly :smile:
View attachment 2142360

And lastly...an Herve Leger! New with all tags. They doubled the price and now they are $100 :/ but I couldn't resist!!
View attachment 2142361
View attachment 2142363

Oh my! Its perfection!!!! That herve js bananas its sexy but classy And the color!!! Ahhhhhh you are killing me! Not to mention the jbrand pants!!! What a birthday!!!!

Finally thrifted something!!!! Lol! I went to El Rastro on Sunday. The biggest flea market in Europe and although there weren't many tents with used clothes there were some. Lots of digging required and spaniards yelling in your ears 1 Euro!!! 2 Euros!!! I walked into tiny antique store and right of the bat found a vintage velour Celine skirt and vintage Chanel sailor pants. Didn't buy them because they were huge and not my style. The shop had dozens of Celine ties but DH doesn't wear any:sad:

Then I found a tent and voila!!!!! Both were €10 each.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1366032769.532533.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1366032782.571280.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1366032799.030518.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1366032810.506441.jpg
Burberry jacket with diamond stitch
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1366032838.009229.jpg
Adolfo Dominguez tweed yellow jacket! Love!!!

Also forgot to show some pics of how my apt is turning out! It's not my style in general because my old apt was all uber modern and since the furniture here is older I had to opt for some funky elements
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1366032937.654583.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1366032959.398074.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1366032974.132308.jpg
These pillow make me think of Lazlo!! I thought they were the coolest thing ever! Lol

View attachment 2142358

View attachment 2142359

View attachment 2142360

View attachment 2142361
View attachment 2142363

*GASP*!! Love it all and the HL is amazing and absolutely gorgeous on you!!

Gotcha. I wish we had that in NYC. I would even travel to NJ for it!!

Seriously!!!

That's gotta be fun, my DH is the only one in his family who has graduated college so nobody is allowed to fight with him LOL - he does go back and forth between SDSU and UCLA - he's in the MBA program at UCLA now :smile:

I haven't tried the dress on, I normally wash or dry clean my stuff... after the bloody dress story I'm kinda skurd!! I couldn't pass up the AA shirt for $1 - I can bleach the heck out of it and feel good about wearing it, I wear my $1 James Perse shirts around the house bc they have discoloration - but I still love them!

I alway enjoy reading your posts - you crack me up even on sucky nights like this when the ER people forgot about me for 4 hrs and didn't give me the meds the dr ordered... :nogood::nogood::nogood::nogood:

Oh hun, I hope you're home now and feeling better. I'm sorry.

Finally thrifted something!!!! Lol! I went to El Rastro on Sunday. The biggest flea market in Europe and although there weren't many tents with used clothes there were some. Lots of digging required and spaniards yelling in your ears 1 Euro!!! 2 Euros!!! I walked into tiny antique store and right of the bat found a vintage velour Celine skirt and vintage Chanel sailor pants. Didn't buy them because they were huge and not my style. The shop had dozens of Celine ties but DH doesn't wear any:sad:

View attachment 2142665View attachment 2142666View attachment 2142667View attachment 2142668
View attachment 2142669

Also forgot to show some pics of how my apt is turning out! It's not my style in general because my old apt was all uber modern and since the furniture here is older I had to opt for some funky elements
View attachment 2142671View attachment 2142672View attachment 2142673
These pillow make me think of Lazlo!! I thought they were the coolest thing ever! Lol

Awesome Burberry!

And wow! Love the apartment the blue is so lovely! My house is older so I love that charm but it would take getting used to if you're accustomed to more modern. I want that pillow with the thread! :smile:

View attachment 2142665View attachment 2142666View attachment 2142667View attachment 2142668
View attachment 2142669

The Burberry jacket looks great on you! I love that blue carpet, it makes the whole room pop! Finally, is that Pawn Stars on TV in Spain?

Thank you everyone!! It was definitely a good birthday because of that :smile:

Oh my! Its perfection!!!! That herve js bananas its sexy but classy And the color!!! Ahhhhhh you are killing me! Not to mention the jbrand pants!!! What a birthday!!!!

Thanks Pao! Love the jackets you found but the tweed is my favorite! Looks stunning on you (as does everything else!!!). Your apartment is cute!! The pillows are awesome :smile: I can't wait till we finally get to decorate an apartment! Only one more month!

View attachment 2142669

Great coat ! Glad you are enjoying Spain. Love your make shift shoe rack;)

View attachment 2142669

Woo hoo!!! Go Pao!

Adorable elements in your apartment, love the blue!

Oh WOW! The pillows are divine! So colourful and happy! Honored to be thought of in association with the pretties!

The Burberry is divine, the classic Burberry print is so beautiful on you! You're so beautiful Misses Pao! I like your happy apartment! The blue rug is beautiful! I like older furniture. Hubs and I are locked in the eternal battle of antique versus modern. So we have both.

I alway enjoy reading your posts - you crack me up even on sucky nights like this when the ER people forgot about me for 4 hrs and didn't give me the meds the dr ordered...

James Perse is so soft! If you ever decide to you can easily dye your bleached stuff. I love dye. I love how it turns out so matte.

But ...major frown lines at being in an ER anywhere in LA on a Sunday night! Are you ok? ..... ((((gentle hug))))

BRRR it was really cold. Glad you said to bring a sweater (Thanks). The Swap Meet was really crowded and I didn't find anything (saved some $$), but we did find a great restaurant downtown, although that's not hard in Pasadena. Buffalo Exchange was right next to where we parked, that was the highlight of my day.....soo many SHOES.

Well blarg I am sorry the Rose Bowl was not better, but I am glad you enjoyed the Chow in Old Pasadena! Oh yes, we have the shoes! People tell me all the time that LA doesn't get cold. Then they freeze their biscuits off here! Desert air man! Currently it is like an ice box. It's supposed to be 40 degrees at night here soon and it's sprinkling. My pumpkin seedlings will be happy. If they don't freeze. Glad my tomatoes are not in the ground yet.

EIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Happy birthday to YOU! WOW!

Oh man. The J Brand! And that dress looks like Heaven on you. Seriously they should use that shot to sell that dress! You ook amazing in that style and colour. Just ... wear that from now on. :biggrin:

Thanks guys! They're really common and priced cheap if you're interested, you can find them everywhere online! Shipping wouldn't be so bad within the US, but I was getting crazy prices...like $10 - $30 for only a few small bottles :rant:.

Those are nice memories of your grandpa! He sounded like a sweetheart. I wish I had someone to take me garage saleing when I was young!

Sounds like the same kind of scenario I bought them from! It was from someone's estate....they said he had the largest collection in Canada. They had rooms full, it took me an hour to look through everything! I kind of wish I bought more now, but I was just so overwhelmed I wasn't thinking straight :P.

I got there pretty early on too, so I think the selection was still great.

Thanks! You should have seen their collection....I wouldn't be surprised if they had everything ever made. How many would you have bought :P?

I found so many trays in the past, but of course I didn't need them then. Ever since I've wanted one, they've been nowhere to be found! So for now I just made one from a picture frame...for some reason I did have a mirror the right size, so it works for now:

DSC03353.JPG

Makes me really happy to look at! I just have to pour out their nasty perfume and then clean everything...will probably take a while, but it'll be so worth it!

!

There's a few vintage perfumes from Avon that are still good. Roses Roses ... divine stuff. Even the stuff from the 1970's is still great. So don't pour it all out. Oh I would have been so overwhelmed. My head would spin and I'd have to eat something. A pickle for the lady?

Even at $2 I'd still probably be as conservative as you were and then like you I'd second guess myself! LOL!! I think we're all related to each other. We should check Family Trees ... it's all ... so .... familiar ...:biggrin:

And yes, the mirror vanity trays are now slightly harder to find, then there's a glut. I like the look of your collection.

Oh and I wanted to say that the perfumes I showed took me at least a year to amass and that here, nail polish is not at all common. It's wild. Not sure if none gets donated or if my timing is just off.

I love what you found and I totally lol'd at your Dior Poison scenario :biggrin:. I want to heave when I smell CK Obsession. O.M.G. Red door is another...

HA! I'm glad not to be alone. I have to wash off Tresor now. It's giving me evil stepmother flashbacks.

View attachment 2142358

View attachment 2142359

View attachment 2142360

View attachment 2142361
View attachment 2142363

Wow wow wow!! Gorgeous, such great finds!!!! The JBrand are so amazing, he HL is perfection... Gosh that cashmere equipment sweater... Hopeful that as your style twin I will now find all these LoL - but Ido have the Joie top in grey/green.

Happy birthday darling!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.