Empire State Building Jumper 4/1307

Luna

wheeeee
O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
Horrible thing just happened. :sad:

I work right across the street from the ESB... and my friend calls me around 3:30ish today.. saying that someone jumped.

I look out the window... and there's a bloody mess on the sidewalk... apparently it was a severed foot... and then i look on the first terrace and i see a shoe...
... no huge mess on the street or anything.. so the body must've ended up somewhere else.

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

I'm still waiting for some kind of news story to show up on msnbc, but nothing yet!

It's so f*cking horrible!! Traumatic!
They won't even let us out of our building, they have it roped off.

How horrible... I wouldn't even have the guts to peer outside the window. Is there another way to exit your building without seeing the mess?.. sorry you;re stuck inside

That's awful! I feel so sorry for that person and the family/friends they left behind. They must have been going through some hard times to make them want to do something like that.

I doubt it was an accident..it is pretty well protected up there. These things, specifically at the ESB, happen on occasion. Now I understand why traffic was so bad when I was out a little while ago. Very sad indeed.

That is just awful. I saw a show once about a photographer who for one year took pics of a bridge in CA I think where people jumped - and one person (not sure if it was during that time) actually had survived a jump into the water and said he changed his mind in the middle of the jump - what a sad place for people to do such a thing...