the clear bag shoe thing!

gabrielle

apres moi le deluge
O.G.
Jul 4, 2006
hey ladies,
ok so who is ok with the clear heel and bag trend? i have to admit i have seen some things lately and i am fighting the urge. i like classic preppy stuff but i like to throw a little egde in every now and then.

so the clear bag thing is like iffy for me, like will i look like i am on lunch break from working at a department store? not that is bad i just mean like if i had on clear heels am i going to have that whole stripper thing going?

i am half kidding but what do you think?

I think its an ok look- I dont know if its for me but I'll probably try it when I find a shoe and bag style that I like. Someone posted a clear bag she got at Shopsuey.com that was a really cute bag. And pretty cheap- which is the way I'll go for a trend I'm not sure about. Hey Gabrielle- in the right situation, the stripper look can be awesome !! hahahaha

I have not seen a pair of clear shoes that I like, and they also remind me of strippers for some reason, but I am not completely oppossed to the idea if I found something nice.

It's cute as a trend but I wouldn't personally spend a lot on a clear bag or shoes. Maybe a smaller clutch which I could then use as a makeup bag when the trend fades.

I think its an ok look- I dont know if its for me but I'll probably try it when I find a shoe and bag style that I like. Someone posted a clear bag she got at Shopsuey.com that was a really cute bag. And pretty cheap- which is the way I'll go for a trend I'm not sure about. Hey Gabrielle- in the right situation, the stripper look can be awesome !! hahahaha

lol blushing, yes dear you are soo correct!

I think I'd do ok with a clear bag because I usually have all my "junk" in a mini bag of some sort- I got a free wristlet, nothing fancy, at ULTA with purchase around the holidays- I put everything extra in that so my bag just has the wristlet, my wallet, my cellie and keys in there- everything, lipstick, pens, change, etc- goes in the wristlet- so theres not much to see.......

I don't really like either trend but I have seen some MJ sandals with a crystal heel that looks like an old fashioned doorknob so I think it is coming back.

Clear heels = sweat = blisters as far as i'm concerned. Only seing them makes my feet hurt! :Push:
As for clear bags, I just don't find them pretty. I don't see the point. But if it suits you, more power to you! :smile:

p11350153_ph_althero_White.jpg

Check out the heels on these shoes. Reminds me of old fashioned door knobs. :P

Only $700 if you want a pair.

http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=11350153&SectionID=