VCA Van Cleef & Arpels addiction - support group

Status
Not open for further replies.
How depressing, isn't it?
I need to be happy with what I have ! I am blessed , may not have a lot, but have some and that is soo lucky and nice!

Florasun, you are absolutely right. There can be no satisfaction if the narrative is about what we don't have and what we want, as opposed to what we do have. I wish I didn't need reminding. Thank you for the reminder.

I hadn't seen these when I looked under the Alhambra heading. They are very nice :graucho: I like them a lot actually so I see why you are buying them back. I like them with the yg due to light color of MOP and bright color of yg. Nice choice-thank you for the link!

TY! I am happy, I love YG and MOP.

Ok ladies, remember we should be happy for all we have! We are lucky to even own one piece!
Now I would love love love to have some collections here but that is not happening and I am ok with it!

Happy new Vca for everyone! Or go look at what you have and find anew way to wear it!

Okay that is going to be my mantra for the next few months while I wait for my money tree to grow. Hopefully it grows a lot before the next price increase!:biggrin:

He he! I feel like an addict at times as well. Glad I am not the only one. I want so many things then once I get it and I am certain will satisfy me, I get hooked on another (it's gotten really bad with Chanel handbags and shoes... sigh). My dh likes to buy me diamonds so doesn't see why I'd rather have VCA for jewelry but he knows I have always loved clovers in general so maybe he'll come around more:smile: I certainly love to look at everyone's collections here.

sjunky-I just looked up the 2 motif clovers on AFF and they are on sale now for $4900. so about $1500. savings before VCA would include tax (AFF does not charge of course). I hope you get these either way for your BD!

He he! I feel like an addict at times as well. Glad I am not the only one. I want so many things then once I get it and I am certain will satisfy me, I get hooked on another (it's gotten really bad with Chanel handbags and shoes... sigh). My dh likes to buy me diamonds so doesn't see why I'd rather have VCA for jewelry but he knows I have always loved clovers in general so maybe he'll come around more:smile: I certainly love to look at everyone's collections here.

sjunky-I just looked up the 2 motif clovers on AFF and they are on sale now for $4900. so about $1500. savings before VCA would include tax (AFF does not charge of course). I hope you get these either way for your BD!

I got them! I am almost sure they are mine! LMAO!

Yes, I need to skip out on Chanel. The quality and prices are making me upset. I would love another flap, but am buying jewelry instead and using what I have. Chanel is cray cray!
I wore my crackled patent blush jumbo to the Chanel boutique and everyone was going nuts. l would love to have it! But I am finding it hard to pay double on principle. I am sure if the perfect bag came along, I would get over that quick. LOL.
But it is easier to get jewelry and enjoy it, rather than a new bag that everyone will be staring at. With the jewelry, no one really knows how much, it could of been a gift, costume or old. But a new Chanel bag can bring unwanted attention from rude people. KWIM?
I am rambling!

For those who have expressed interest in the double drop VCA alhambra, a nice pair just went up on ebay:
I think they're priced lower than Ann's: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Van-Cleef-A...35629?pt=US_Fine_Earrings&hash=item1c2f78e20d

There's also a pair of Sweet Alhambra in turquoise and white gold with a best offer option: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Van-Cleef-A...23109?pt=US_Fine_Earrings&hash=item337f4901c5

Finally, a Perlee Signature bracelet in white gold, size medium, also with a best offer option:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Van-Cleef-A...6001?pt=US_Fine_Bracelets&hash=item43b2c33391

Yes, I need to skip out on Chanel. The quality and prices are making me upset. I would love another flap, but am buying jewelry instead and using what I have. Chanel is cray cray!
I wore my crackled patent blush jumbo to the Chanel boutique and everyone was going nuts. l would love to have it! But I am finding it hard to pay double on principle. I am sure if the perfect bag came along, I would get over that quick. LOL.
But it is easier to get jewelry and enjoy it, rather than a new bag that everyone will be staring at. With the jewelry, no one really knows how much, it could of been a gift, costume or old. But a new Chanel bag can bring unwanted attention from rude people. KWIM?
I am rambling!

Cray cray! LMAO You ladies are killing me tonight :lol: I am very selective with my Chanel pieces and I find their sandals to be very comfy and of course beautiful so I justify it to myself. I agree that it can bring about unwanted attention. I noticed my vernis LV items did this several times so I am not really into it as much anymore. Most jewelry is less....bling bling if you will, except for certain diamond pieces. Or if eyecatching, at least most people won't know who the designer is and how much it costs. I feel good about purchasing jewelry because I know I can have it forever and even pass it down to my daughter (s) (or if I never get a daughter from God) grand- daughters. Like a little piece of me will live on. Not so much from handbags and shoes lol. Were you saying those were the earrings you consigned to AFF or that you bought them from them and are hoping it went through? That would be funny if you bought back the same pair you consigned :giggles:

Cray cray! LMAO You ladies are killing me tonight :lol: I am very selective with my Chanel pieces and I find their sandals to be very comfy and of course beautiful so I justify it to myself. I agree that it can bring about unwanted attention. I noticed my vernis LV items did this several times so I am not really into it as much anymore. Most jewelry is less....bling bling if you will, except for certain diamond pieces. Or if eyecatching, at least most people won't know who the designer is and how much it costs. I feel good about purchasing jewelry because I know I can have it forever and even pass it down to my daughter (s) (or if I never get a daughter from God) grand- daughters. Like a little piece of me will live on. Not so much from handbags and shoes lol. Were you saying those were the earrings you consigned to AFF or that you bought them from them and are hoping it went through? That would be funny if you bought back the same pair you consigned :giggles:

I love Chanel ballet flats!
I had sold the earrings to someone and she may have sold them to Anns!
I am not sure, but the dates add up and they were mint..ect.
There are some on ebay , Poodlegirl posted if you are interested! :smile:

I love Chanel ballet flats!
I had sold the earrings to someone and she may have sold them to Anns!
I am not sure, but the dates add up and they were mint..ect.
There are some on ebay , Poodlegirl posted if you are interested! :smile:

Did you put them on layaway? I see they are on now so I hope that was you. My dh is going to kill me if I ask for a $5,000. pair of earrings right now because I have been very naughty spending money for the past 6 months (yikes!) He bought me a pair of Tiffany Victoria earrings for our anniversary this month too. Plus I am hoping for something malachite despite-fingers crossed.

I am rambling!
Also, I think $4000-$5000 on a handbag (or more) and I could have had Van Cleef. If I'm careful, I'll have the jewelry forever, whereas a handbag is far more fungible, not to mention fickle. Styles change (yes, with jewelry too) and there's no assurance I'll even want to wear it next year. And as you mention sjunky, Chanel's very conspicicious, whereas VCA is quiet and under-the-radar, which is a big part of its' appeal; quiet and elegant. I like my status bags that way too--the bolide, Sophia Coppola all leather speedy for Louis Vuitton, and a few others. In my opinion, luxury should be quiet and elegant.

I have eyed the MOP for a long time now, but when I try it on, something in me hesitates. On the other hand, every time I try on the RG I love it and think it looks great with my coloring. Practicality would dictate that I get the MOP to finish out the set, (and I do love those pearly little clovers!), but the RG just looks so much better on me.

Get solid pink! I Love my 2 10-motif in PG! I mostly wear them in 20-motif. I love love my onyx, but I wear PG more than onyx. Onyx X YG motifs sometimes catch my clothes (knit, tweed, etc.), but solid PG motifs never do!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.