VCA Van Cleef & Arpels addiction - support group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I bought them, wore them to dinner one time and then sold them and now am buying them back!

Here they are! http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/product/2388/Magic Alhambra earclips, 2 motifs

So I will have large Frivole and these. I think the Perlee and another stud will set me fine for VCA!
:smile:

I LOVE these. I have the large frivole too, but haven't worn them much . . . For some reason I seem to reach for the Alhambra when I'm running out the door. Do you wear yours a lot? Do you have other frivole pieces?

I LOVE these. I have the large frivole too, but haven't worn them much . . . For some reason I seem to reach for the Alhambra when I'm running out the door. Do you wear yours a lot? Do you have other frivole pieces?

I have the Frivole 2 motif ring. I never wear either. LOL.
I wear my Hermes enamels all the time and Gucci hoops . I need to switch it up!
I hope to wear the MOP though. I am glad to get them back!
The Perlee are soo damn expensive, but amazing. My sa said she loves them more then Alhambra!

Yes, I am lurking again because I feel a strong need to add another piece of VCA to my tiny collection. I am torn between the 20 motif YG MOP or the 20 motif rose gold. I already have the MOP bracelet which I could attach to a 20 motif MOP to make it even longer. Plus I have the MOP sweet earstuds, or the Jude Frances clover hoops, so there is no shortage of earrings to go with it. The the RG is TDF, but I don't have any RG earrings, and probably won't be getting any soon. Do you think the RG would be more versatile than the MOP?

Oh gosh, that's a hard one. This is where we start with the slippery slope of VCA. I think I might stick with the all MOP color story. It completes the set. Later you can add the rose gold and wear it on it's own or with the MOP (it's not so pink that it will clash with YG). The two would look beautiful together.
Have you tried each necklace? What does your heart say? Finally, if you love the pink gold necklace, you can always fill-in later with the earrings. Any price increase on the earrings will be relatively miniscule compared with the necklace.

Last edited:
I think you have the Variation Perlee and not the medium! Yours are
http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/product/3012/Perlée Variation hoop earrings

and 7200!!! * dies*

Yes, that's exactly what I have. And when you refer to the medium, which are you referring to?
And no, the price is not user-friendly, let alone reasonable. As with all VCA, I'm glad I bought when I did. One thing's for sure, it's like a moving escalator and when the price next goes up it will make today's pricing seem reasonable.
But I look at it this way: a couple of pairs of shoes could easily be several thousand dollars. An Hermes scarf or two--well, it all adds up. At the end of the day, I'd rather have jewelry. I figure a price increase is nothing more than a couple of pairs of shoes I can easily do without.

Last edited:
I have eyed the MOP for a long time now, but when I try it on, something in me hesitates. On the other hand, every time I try on the RG I love it and think it looks great with my coloring. Practicality would dictate that I get the MOP to finish out the set, (and I do love those pearly little clovers!), but the RG just looks so much better on me.

Oh gosh, that's a hard one. This is where we start with the slippery slope of VCA. I think I might stick with the all MOP color story. It completes the set. Later you can add the rose gold and wear it on it's own or with the MOP (it's not so pink that it will clash with YG). The two would look beautiful together.
Have you tried each necklace? What does your heart say? Finally, if you love the pink gold necklace, you can always fill-in later with the earrings. Any price increase on the earrings will be relatively miniscule compared with the necklace.

agree with MOP! But if the pink makes you go Gaga, then get pink. I am still working on my black and white collections. LOL/

Yes, that's exactly what I have. And when you refer to the medium, which are you referring to?
And no, the price is not user-friendly, let alone reasonable. As with all VCA, I'm glad I bought when I did. One thing's for sure, it's like a moving escalator and when the price next goes up it will make today's pricing seem reasonable.

Tell me! I wish I had bought the necklace 5000 dollars ago!

I have eyed the MOP for a long time now, but when I try it on, something in me hesitates. On the other hand, every time I try on the RG I love it and think it looks great with my coloring. Practicality would dictate that I get the MOP to finish out the set, (and I do love those pearly little clovers!), but the RG just looks so much better on me.

Go for it dear! Forget the mop! If this makes you swoon, then you know what to do!
I guess it doesn't help to see her nice pink gold Alhambra! LOL

I have the Frivole 2 motif ring. I never wear either. LOL.
I wear my Hermes enamels all the time and Gucci hoops . I need to switch it up!
I hope to wear the MOP though. I am glad to get them back!
The Perlee are soo damn expensive, but amazing. My sa said she loves them more then Alhambra!

There is (or was) a pair of the two motif on AFF, slightly less than retail.
When I was getting my last manicure the girl next to me was wearing a WG Perlee ring. It was simple yet rich looking.

Yes, I bought them, wore them to dinner one time and then sold them and now am buying them back!

Here they are! http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/product/2388/Magic Alhambra earclips, 2 motifs

So I will have large Frivole and these. I think the Perlee and another stud will set me fine for VCA!
:smile:

I hadn't seen these when I looked under the Alhambra heading. They are very nice :graucho: I like them a lot actually so I see why you are buying them back. I like them with the yg due to light color of MOP and bright color of yg. Nice choice-thank you for the link!

Status
Not open for further replies.