I have a problem with the lindy, am I the only one?

trama turgo

O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
I don't know... no matter how much I look at it, no matter how many times I try it on... I just can't seem to like it.:shrugs:

But everybody else does.
Everybody keeps on telling me that it's going to be a great success (or that it already is) and that I should buy one until it's possible to find some in the shops. But I can't, because I just don't like it.

Am I the only one? Is there something wrong with me?:confused1:

No......there's nothing wrong with you. We all have different taste, TT. I can't seem to like the Evelyne no matter how hard I try and I'm on the fence about the Lindy too. I really need to see one IRL before I say yay or nay but so far, I'm not a big fan either.......

And those CDC cuffs that everyone is ga-ga over only makes me feel like Wonder Woman when I try them on.........and this is NOT a good look for me....trust me.

I didn't think I liked it at first but I have really warmed to it, particularly after seeing it in the action thread, it's fresh and contemporary, not sure if I would be tempted to buy one only because I have too many other items I adore on my list, like a Birkin. I wonder if it is aimed at younger women; my 11 year old DD LOVES the Lindy, it really appeals to her, far more than a Birkin which she thinks is a bit boring, lol.

You're definitely not the only one. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with you at all.

I tried it on in both sizes and in my mind it looks merely "ok". Nothing wrong with it, but nothing to make me want to rush to buy one either.

I wonder if it is aimed at younger women; my 11 year old DD LOVES the Lindy, it really appeals to her, far more than a Birkin which she thinks is a bit boring, lol.

This is a very interesting point allaboutnotice, and it makes a lot of sense to me. So I might just be too old. Just kidding... I'm not that old but I have quite classical tastes. OMG! We love old ladies bags!:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

This is a very interesting point allaboutnotice, and it makes a lot of sense to me. So I might just be too old. Just kidding... I'm not that old but I have quite classical tastes. OMG! We love old ladies bags!:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

tt, in your picture, you don't look much older than DD, lol. It's probably your classical tastes, my DH thinks my Kelly is an old ladies bag but he loves my Bolide, go figure!

No no no, you're not the only one, TT. I really don't like the Lindy much - there's nothing really wrong with it, but after having tried several on, it still strikes me as nothing special. (And I can't seem to shake the image of it as just like the gym bag I used to carry everywhere when I was in school.)

But, you know, to each her own, right? :smile:

I don't like the Lindy all that much either. It's not the kind of bag I would rock with confidence, not to mention that I'd probably look terrible with one. It's reminiscent of the bags we had at school for gym...

I think the Lindy is a very simple bag compared to the Kelly and Birkin and that will either appeal to you or not. To each his own. :yes: Also, many will not think it should command the typical outrageous Hermes price tag.

Personally, I think the color makes a big difference to me with this bag...from pictures and IRL, the Rose Dragee and white takes this casual simple bag to a feminine, very "French-lady" looking bag. I have only seen pictures of the other colors, but they don't inspire me as the light ones do.

But - all told, I like that Hermes took a chance and did a 180 with this style compared to the well-loved regulars. :yes: They didn't have to add buckles, fringes, chains or what ever to introduce a more modern style...just designed a simple functional bag and made it very chic!

Thumbs up from me, but I can see this bag may polarize many.

tt, in your picture, you don't look much older than DD, lol. It's probably your classical tastes, my DH thinks my Kelly is an old ladies bag but he loves my Bolide, go figure!

:nuts: Thanks for the nice compliments, but I've had major surgery lifting and liters of botox injected before I've had this picture taken:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:. Just kidding, thanks for the nice compliments anyway, and you know what, I think you're right, it's probably my classical tastes.
For what's regarding DH, well..."de gustibus non disputandum est"

I think of the Lindy is a starter Birkin just as the Herbag was a starter Kelly. It's fresh, hip, modern and has a place in the Hermes lineup at a much lower pricepoint and far greater availability than a Birkin. Although I still haven't seen one IRL, I really like the style of this bag. Just not for myself.

shopmom, I'm with you on the Evelyne and the CDC cuffs. In fairness, I should add that I'm not tempted by any Hermes enamel or leather bracelets.

TT, I did not like the Lindy, either - and found it a bit distressing. I felt as though H had made a concession to the "it" bag craze and away from its classic core lines. I thought the 37 was too schlumpy, and rather looked like luggage (or a gym bag).

That all changed when I tried on the 30. It's really a fun, classy little bag that gives the option of shoulder carry or not -- something that I miss in most H bags. So, I "had" to buy it. It's a great casual alternative to my Kelly or Birkin.

Try it on and see if you still feel the same way -- and if you do, well, as my mother always says, "that's why they make chocolate and vanilla!"