Need help: Poppincourt haut vs BH

Need a shoulder bag

• Batignolles horizontal

• Poppincourt haut

• Others

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 1, 2006
Hi! I have a couple of handheld bags so I'm looking for a shoulder bag that I can use everyday for carrying my cellphone, wallet, flat pouch, agenda, mini-pochette etc. I'm petite at 5'. These are my top 3 choices. I'd like the saleya but not too sure about the light color because I heard about color transfer from jeans. Can you give your ideas on these 3 bags?

TIA, ladies!

I just bought the Batignolles horizontal two days ago. I bought this purse because I got tired of having two purses one for school bag and one actual purse (for work and going out). I can fit my small laptop 2 books and 1 inch binder plus other stuff. You can also adjust the bag to make it wider.

I've had my BH for a year and I use it about 4-5 times a week. I love it. I am not a fan of the Popincourt. I don't like the gold balls hanging from the zipper. You might also want to take a look at the Cabbas Piano/Mezzo and the Damier Hampsteads. They are pretty similar to the BH except the Cabbas Piano and Mezzo have a zippered top.

The BH seems to be a popular choice - why is that?

I've been wanting it but I'm concerned about my stuff being stolen so the bucket and petit noe are not an option. Have you had bag experiences with your BH?

Hi! I have a couple of handheld bags so I'm looking for a shoulder bag that I can use everyday for carrying my cellphone, wallet, flat pouch, agenda, mini-pochette etc. I'm petite at 5'. These are my top 3 choices. I'd like the saleya but not too sure about the light color because I heard about color transfer from jeans. Can you give your ideas on these 3 bags?

TIA, ladies!

depends on how big if a bag you need? Also if having a zipper is important to you?

Personally the BH! Judging from what you're gonig to put in you will be ok with the popincourt haut.

I have both the ph and the bh. I voted for the bh because it is so much bigger. I got mine the first week of Feb. and I've barely used anything else since. I find the lack of a zipper isn't really much of a problem for me. The bh holds so much stuff it's incredible. I love the slouchy-ness of it and if I had to pick one, I'd keep my bh. I also love my ph, but it cannot hold near as much stuff. I use the ph for more dressy occasions and if I'm not carrying very much. I would consider the ph a small shoulder bag. However, all the items you listed would probably fit into the ph. But the ph is much more structured and you couldn't cram it full without distorting the shape when zipped.

Thank you all for your input! I really appreciate it.

Thanks, rileygirl, for pointing out the hampstead. I think I'm starting to like than one, too =)
OOhhhh no, this is getting so confusing. LOL!! Guess I should go to the boutique to check them out :smile:

i have both, but in some ways i prefer the Popincourt Haut because it's an easier size to carry around as an everyday bag, plus the shape of it is so cute. the Batignolles Horizontal is a good bag for work, but it can get in the way sometimes

I have the PH and am also petite, so it is a perfect size. I regularly carry my zippy wallet, cell phone, a camera, a cles, some baby toys, and it works great for me. I'm considering getting a BH or a cabas mezzo for days when I need to carry more stuff, but for everyday, I would go with PH.

Oh, it is true that on PH the little gold balls make a clinking noise, but for some reason I don't notice it. I only mention it because DH notices it more often and he constantly comments "how can you not notice that?"

If you are the type that is bothered by things like that, I wouldn't get PH, otherwise it's awesome.