Rare Minerals Night Treatment by Bare Escentuals

Sushi789

O.G.
Jul 30, 2006
Hey gals,

Has anyone tried this? I rec'd a sample of it, and I've used it the past two nights... seems so weird to be putting powder on my face before bed, but so far nothing terrible has happened. It might be my imagination, but I thought my skin looked a little dewier/fresher this morning.

I'm curious to know if anyone uses this. Do you think the whole "jurassic earth" thing (what the rare minerals are called in the brochure) is a gimmick, or is there something to it?
Thanks!:heart:

have you checked the review board at makeup alley to see what others are saying? I had a sample but at the time, it didn't really interest me and I gave it away. Now I am thinking that I would like to try it but hate to pay $60 to try it. On QVC, she claims that it actually reduces the size of your pores, not the appearance but the actualy size of them and I would love to do something about my large pores.

Yes, do check out MUA. I used it for around 2 weeks & no results. I mean, there were no negative side effects, but really no noticeable difference. Plus, I had the clear and it STILL got on my pillow :yucky:

I actually bought it from QVC, I used it a few nights but then I switched to wearing it as a foundation of sorts (mine is tinted) then I put the mineral veil on. I use it mainly on weekends. I dont really think its improved anything but I do like the way it looks under mineral veil. Would I buy it again? Probably not.

I think it's really weird to wear something tinted to bed. Who's gonna look at you when you sleep? And do you really want to wash your pillowcase every time you use it? A friend of mine once told me that her friend had to wear makeup to bed all the time. Why? Just use a good skin treatment at night is enough.

I actually bought it from QVC, I used it a few nights but then I switched to wearing it as a foundation of sorts (mine is tinted) then I put the mineral veil on. I use it mainly on weekends. I dont really think its improved anything but I do like the way it looks under mineral veil. Would I buy it again? Probably not.

^^ITA with you on this one.

It comes in 3 colors, so you don't have to have tinted.

I bought it and don't use it as often as I should. I have had great improvement in my large pores but I get so aggressive about puffing it on my skin that I get it in my eyes. So if I were more careful, I wouldn't have any problems. Only good results!

I know this is an old thread, but I really like this stuff so far. I've been using it on my very dry rosacea skin for about a week, and it has really reduced redness for me. I also think it has smoothed the lines on my forehead and around my eyes. I was worried that it would either make my rosacea flare up or that it would dry out my skin, but that hasn't happened - quite the opposite, I do feel like I wake up with soft, smooth and glowing skin. I am also using the RM cleanser and moisturizer which I also like (and it's certainly possible that those products are responsible for my skin improvement - not the night treatment).
I think the puff applicator is kind of stupid.
Also, I haven't seen any residue on my white pillowcases yet - I have the clear because I think the light would be too dark for me.