Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
on the Monogram speedy....
why can they put pockets in this bag
Dentelle009.jpg
and the regular monogram cant ?

I think it's because lining of regular mono speedy is glued to canvas like in keepall so it's impossible to sew pocket:confused1: In dentelle speedy lining is just free layer of fabrick, not glued to canvas, KWIM??? my poor english....

Isn't the mono Speedy just a piece of canvas sewn together with vachetta piping? I mean, like, there's no lining?
If there is a lining, like the Miroir speedy, then it can certainly be sewn on, but if it's just canvas, they'll have to use glue and with wear maybe the glue will start discolouring and I wouldn't want that.

Good question, but I think the Speedy has been around so long, that to add pockets, it wouldn't be the Speedy anymore. Just can't fool with tradition sometimes.

Yes, the pockets like that in the pic look very nice and I like the microfiber lining

Isn't the mono Speedy just a piece of canvas sewn together with vachetta piping? I mean, like, there's no lining?
If there is a lining, like the Miroir speedy, then it can certainly be sewn on, but if it's just canvas, they'll have to use glue and with wear maybe the glue will start discolouring and I wouldn't want that.

There is a lining:yes: like your azur pochette but instead of beige/white, the mono speedies have a brown canvas lining (which i don't like). Then inside there's an "elongated hemispherical" flap which is the pocket (which I don't like either cuz it looks kinda cheap imo...)