Pulitzer Prize 1994 won by Kevin Carter.. a sad picture

potusss

Sep 15, 2006
13335886.jpg

Talk about a picture being worth more than a 1000 words. I didn't know the photographer had committed suicide. Puts things of what is really important in perspective doesn't it?

Talk about a picture being worth more than a 1000 words. I didn't know the photographer had committed suicide. Puts things of what is really important in perspective doesn't it?

i agree

It's a scary truth... and looking at the child curled like that is disturbing

this is a very powerful picture. We discuss it in our bioethics class all the time, and the topics wont be brought up here as I fear that it would cause too much controversy.. this picture and story should be indicative of the world and how people should value their life as well as other innocents. :heart:

this is a very powerful picture. We discuss it in our bioethics class all the time, and the topics wont be brought up here as I fear that it would cause too much controversy.. this picture and story should be indicative of the world and how people should value their life as well as other innocents. :heart:

We also discussed such things while I was in Photojournalism. Aside from that and kind of getting into it, imagine being that child and having someone come up and take your picture, and then leave you. Heartbreaking. Clearly Kevin had a conscience. This reminds me of Beyond Borders with Angelina Jolie. Fantastic movie.